Shipping a container from Cebu

Hello,

I would like to know how much it would approximately cost me to ship a container from Cebu to a major port in Europe.

If you know of a trustworthy company who I could contact, please inform me! Thanks in advance, Mr.T

Edited by Mr.T

20 or 40 feet preferably to Marseille, France. Not sure if I should deal with it myself or call a company to help me out

Edited by Mr.T
smokey

Lots of stuff COMES here but getting it to somewhere else is hard.. them boxes balikian or what ever 80 bucks from washinton state to cebu.. from cebu to washington state 400 plus.. hummmm

I can't offer much advice about shipping out of the RP. However, I can offer a warning to become aware of at least one detail which can lead to problems. I had a container shipment from the US to Leyte. As it was enroute, I made my way here and when it was close to arriving, I was contacted.

The shipment was made by a reputable company in the US, but it had to be handed off to an in-country freight forwarder. This company was familiar with the process and would handle all of my documents for import duties etc (there were none in my 13a visa). As the container was on the vessel a day or so out, the in-country representative told me that it would have to be transloaded to a domestic container. I did not believe this as I had paid for door-to-door shipping. The container was to arrive intact in Leyte. But, I was unsure of his explanation and his comments about additional fees etc.

In effect, I could sense I was getting screwed bit didn't know exactly how. The shipment did get transloaded in Manila to a domestic container, no cost to me. Luckily, there was no loss or damage during this process. Later, after I had received the shipment is when I came to understand why I was warned about the additional cost. There would have been no cost to me, but I also knew they had my stuff.

In fact, there is a cost, but it is to the in-country shipper. Part of his expenses. When they were contracted by the US company, their part of the deal was to go door-to-door. Unfortunately for them, this meant they had to pay a premium fee for transporting the container which had been certified for ocean shipment, not domestic. So, by having me agree to the transloading, I saved them this cost. Just a bit of warning about the differences between domestic and transocean shipments.

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
JamesMusslewhite

I need a freight forwarder to ship a sea box to Maldives. We had a member here who was tuning his own freight service. Anyone remember who he was and if he is still in the trade?

Edited by JamesMusslewhite
SkyMan

James, why would you rez up a thread from 2011 to pose an off topic question which most members can't reply to because the topic is locked?  Surely you can handle starting a new thread.

• Like 1
Headshot

I unlocked the thread so everybody can now see it and reply if they have the information being sought.

• Like 1
JamesMusslewhite

James, why would you rez up a thread from 2011 to pose an off topic question which most members can't reply to because the topic is locked?  Surely you can handle starting a new thread.

It came up first on a search thread and I had little time to post before I stepped out the door for an appointment. It received seceral PMs so it servered the purpose well enough. I might start a new thread this evening.on the subject.