Another "Hey Joe!" Incident...

Alfred E. Neuman

Trying to save some face over here could get you killed. "Life is cheap here". That is something to consider before undertaking an altercation. Is this the hill you are willing to die for?

IMO your "hill" is pride and honour.

Their "hill" is stupidity.

EAGLE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• broden

• Alfred E. Neuman

• Jess Bartone

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That is "fighting talk" sadly a divided community still.   JOKE follows but a sad? joke,   A Muslim sat down on a bus seat , in N. Ireland, beside a local. The local said "are you visiting Bel

Better than being called 'Francis' IMHO.

I checked my pride and honor, to a very large degree at the airport when I got here. Being calm and collect goes a long way here. I know I'm an automatic target just because of the way I look. One

Posted Images

jtmwatchbiz

Better than being called 'Francis' IMHO.

this guy needs to toughen up! if this francis dude doesn't like a stranger calling him joe, i definitely don't think he would like his wife calling him what my wife calls me when she is angry :ROFLMAO:

• Like 2
Alfred E. Neuman

this guy needs to toughen up! if this francis dude doesn't like a stranger calling him joe, i definitely don't think he would like his wife calling him what my wife calls me when she is angry :ROFLMAO:

Same here, I already thought I had a second name with a lot of adjectives.
  • Like 1
MarinePride

IMO your "hill" is pride and honour.

Their "hill" is stupidity.

EAGLE

I checked my pride and honor, to a very large degree at the airport when I got here. Being calm and collect goes a long way here. I know I'm an automatic target just because of the way I look. One has to "know when to hold'em and know when to fold'em". There is no way around that here, as in most situation that escalate, the foreigner will end up with the short straw and get stomped or worse. Strength in numbers takes on a whole new meaning here, as I don't have the numbers on my side.

• Like 4
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

maybe it's a Brooklyn thing, and i've been in more than my fair share of fights, but i never felt the need to fight anyone over some words

• Like 2
Alfred E. Neuman
There is no way around that here, as in most situation that escalate, the foreigner will end up with the short straw and get stomped or worse. Strength in numbers takes on a whole new meaning here, as I don't have the numbers on my side
Always go for the family jewels when outnumbered.
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

Always go for the family jewels when outnumbered.

yours or theirs?

• Like 1
Alfred E. Neuman

yours or theirs?

I'm not an Irish Baptist Missionary, so theirs.
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

well it would distract and confuse them

this guy needs to toughen up! if this francis dude doesn't like a stranger calling him joe, i definitely don't think he would like his wife calling him what my wife calls me when she is angry :cheers:

I agree.

On the other hand, I have a pretty good success rate in avoiding conversions with another expats on the street by greeting them with a friendly 'Hey Joe!'. :ROFLMAO:

• Like 3

JoeJoe?

EAGLE

JSL-USMC

Baptist are pretty strict. They won't even feck standing up because people would think they are dancing

• Like 4
lazydays

It just shows some people really need to grow a thicker skin!

Do you remember that rhyme we used to sing as kids;

"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me".

Edited by lazydays
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

It just shows some people really need to grow a thicker skin!

bulletproof even