• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• tiger31

• lazydays

• ArieBombarie

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A very hypothetical question...(leaving aside constitutional rights granting the Family or wife a right to live with you)   I'd rather would try to sneak back in ( since i want to live in the Philip

Thats true, but i would have to be prepared to suffer the consequences if i got caught.   Looking at it another way, my wife doesn't want to come to live in the UK, she is quite happing teaching the

Its all that damn water.

lazydays

yeah, but those UK borders are a bitch to cross !!

Its all that damn water. :thats-funny:

• Like 2

Half hour drive from Chester.

nice part of the country been all around there in my courier days.ive just been on google about the age limit for spouses entering uk it was 18 but the goverment tried to increase it to 21 but lost a court ruling and had to drop it to 18 again .plus the 5 year illegal immigrants being allowed to stay is also under review the goverment wants to scrap that as well so overall it looks like they are trying to tighten things up all together across the board
  • Like 1

Thats true, but i would have to be prepared to suffer the consequences if i got caught.

Looking at it another way, my wife doesn't want to come to live in the UK, she is quite happing teaching there. Its just as well for me, coz i can't wait to escape the bloody weather here. :thats-funny:

to be honest i don,t really wanna live in the u.k either the weather is shite but she wants to try it .ive told her its not easy to live there if only one of us is working you really need 2 wages comin in where as we can live here very comfortably on my income .
lazydays

to be honest i don,t really wanna live in the u.k either the weather is shite but she wants to try it .ive told her its not easy to live there if only one of us is working you really need 2 wages comin in where as we can live here very comfortably on my income .

Fortunately i'm semi retired, taking early full retirement next year, just got so much to wind up here in the meantime.

We will still visit here from time to time, as long as my 93 yr old mum is still alive and kicking.

As for the rest of the family, there used to seeing me once in a decade :thats-funny:. I left home at 16 and only really return to visit my mum.

• Like 2

Im an illegal immigrant from scotland living in corby northants lol I got dragged away kickin and screamin from my homeland and got dumped in england lol

• Like 1
batman2525

er i support her no taxman will be supporting her .i will marry once the hurdles are out the way .

Id stay in the Phils if I were you...theres nothing in the UK,if you or her are hard working individuals there is nothing in the uk,If you plan to get on benefits etc then the UK will treat you well.....unless Cameron gets to you first of course.

Id stay in the Phils if I were you...theres nothing in the UK,if you or her are hard working individuals there is nothing in the uk,If you plan to get on benefits etc then the UK will treat you well.....unless Cameron gets to you first of course.

never been on benifits my income comes from rooms rented out in my house back home .
Wombat No More

Mate, same thing happened to me and that is the only reason I'm living here... I got a pension so I can support my wife and I here (+3 littlies now)... You got a pension (?) So...

If it's anything like Oz, after a few years she has 'compelling grounds' to be granted a visa... You can work on the annulment in the meantime

• Like 1
batman2525

Fortunately i'm semi retired, taking early full retirement next year, just got so much to wind up here in the meantime.

We will still visit here from time to time, as long as my 93 yr old mum is still alive and kicking.

As for the rest of the family, there used to seeing me once in a decade :stick_poke:. I left home at 16 and only really return to visit my mum.

Can you tell me what is the retirement age in the UK,is it true its been increased by the coalition?

thanks.

lazydays

Can you tell me what is the retirement age in the UK,is it true its been increased by the coalition?

thanks.

Yeah thats true with the State Pension.

Briefly, those born before December 6th 1953 still retire at 65. Born after that date 66.

It then increases to 67 in 2034 and 68 in 2044.

Those with personal private pensions can usually draw from age 55, but will have to wait for the state pension part until later.

also i believe compulsary retirement is to be scrapped so now a company cannot force you to retire unless your unfit to carry out the job duties

So let me see if I understand this -

You are in the Philippines - you marry. You don't want to live in the Philippines

(1) You get your wife a Visa, but once you are at the Port of Entry, she is turned away OR

(2) You try to come to the US without a Visa and your wife is turned away.

If 1 - what happened between the time you got on the Plane and you landed in the US? It would seem to me that she would be held in custody until everything is worked out one way or the other

If 2 - What makes you think you could arrive in the US without a Visa and be allowed in?

I am lucky - I want to live in the Philippines and my wife doesn't want to live in the US

Edited by mpt1947
JSL-USMC

What if she advocates the over throw of the government by force. What if she is the leader of a terrorist group. Hypothetically speaking of course.

lazydays

also i believe compulsary retirement is to be scrapped so now a company cannot force you to retire unless your unfit to carry out the job duties

Its already a done deal, but here is the kick. The Gov't are now pushing to make it easier to fire people, fewer warnings, less rights for wrongful dismissal etc. You couldn't make it up!

They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other. :ROFLMAO:

Edited by lazydays