Oz Telephone Rates. Whats long distance like from Australia ?

Guys n Gals, I'm working on a marketing plan from home here in Cebu And I'm interested in reaching Australia by setting up a virtual Aussie Phone number. What are rates like to call within the country say from Sydney to Perth or all over? And What are rates like to call the PI, US, New Zealand?

Domestic Calls in the US now are basically pennies depending on the plan most subscribers have. Is it the same in Australia?

Thanks for your feedback

Edited by samatm

Buy an Skype online number for Australia, then buy an unlimited country plan for Australia. Then you can call all over the country for like 6 euros a month, except calling cell phones which is like $.088 a minute. Too easy! Anybody in Oz can call you for free.

Bob, does that mean the person in Australia would have to have a Skype account?

No, anyone in the country can call you from a land line or cell phone. You can also link skype to your cell phone so that you don't have to be at the PC to answer the calls.

Edited by Bob Ward

How much does skype charge for calls to cebu from australia?i use rebtel but calling from my mobile is costing extra.

I'd like to hear if anyone here is actually doing this from Australia to Philippines NOT from US to Philippines and how successful it is . I've tried many times with Skype and others and have never been successful, there was always a catch or a tech hitch why I couldnt,

Don, explain more clearly exactly what it is you want to do and maybe I can help.

I've run an Australian help desk from Thailand and RP for the last 7 or 8 years.

KonGC

I dont call Australia coz PLDT is a bit costly, I've tried Skype as Bob suggested, I've tried another one which Tim suggested, They never seem to work, All sounds good in the hype, but once you actually get down to the nitty gritty, it just doesnt happen,

there are many different things that prevent you from setting these things up. I know they work easily from the US to P.I. from others experience,

On this forum I have yet to hear of anyone who actually uses one of these plans for Australia.

How much does skype charge for calls to cebu from australia?i use rebtel but calling from my mobile is costing extra.

You dont have to use cellphone to use rebtel you can use normal landline phone also

http://www.rebtel.com/Services/Landline/

AlooGobi

buy a 10 dollar phone card you nitwit

Ive tried heaps of phone cards and from my experience of them you may as well just set fire to ya 10 bucks and shout ya message from the roof top

Skype is as simple as it gets for the most part. We currently use it for a rather robust business, but will switch to Comcen VoIP because we need caller ID! Skype rocks but we need more now.

Thanks Bob and others regarding Aussi Calling.

What I want is an Aussie number that anyone in Australia can call. The call is then forwarded to my US number. My question you Aussies can answer is if you think one number with a Sydney area code will be effective. Will folks living other parts of the country readily call my Sydney number. Do Australians make domestic long distance calls now without even thinking about long distance rates. ARe Domestic long distance rates so cheap as in the US that its really doesn't matter?

Bob- I also need something with caller ID and forwarding and have found a forwarding service to redirect my incoming calls to a message hosting platform in the US. If I could find the same type of message hosting service in Australia that would be a better answer.

Cheers.

Edited by samatm

Skype is as simple as it gets for the most part. We currently use it for a rather robust business, but will switch to Comcen VoIP because we need caller ID! Skype rocks but we need more now.

Skype has caller ID.

If I call someone, they know it's me.

If someone calls me, I know who it is.

KonGC