Bad News for an American regarding his Filipina Fiance

throttleplate
Interesting reading. I think I will be starting a thread because I'm curious how others may set boundaries with the girls they take back to the U.S. and what those boundaries may be.

Matrix,are you bringing her to Vegas?You know i lived in vegas for many years and it has a very upbeat social climate for young adults with all the nightclub, i would be wary of her getting caught up in the scene.

I also will never bring a woman over from the ph due to the statement you made about setting boundaries,why,why,why and how can you live your life and set boundaries on hers?just doesnt make sense.Who wants to live like that?

• Like 1
  • Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• ILPI

• smokey

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over time i have learned to be more and more cautious about who i would hook up with to possibly bring here. I think it can work out if you are careful even with age differences but just as clearly a

my wife was only in the us 3 months and got her drivers lic and hits the walmart ,, costco circut..and now she wants a job... why is this thread remind me of the old days in the usa when you were told

If I couldn't trust my girl in the states, I wouldn't want to be with her in the Philippines either.   YMMV.

KeithAngel

Lucky where I am theres no Filipinas within 100 miles and internet is just a bit quicker than the post at best lol

If I couldn't trust my girl in the states, I wouldn't want to be with her in the Philippines either.

YMMV.

• Like 8
let me say. I am a fat ugly old man. With many medicail issues.

60 year old women just do not turn me on.

Let's be honest here, I would dare say the feeling is probably mutual

tom_shor

I believe according to the rules if she does not marry the guy who petitioned her she will have to return even if she marries someone else. CIS is onto this scam. Her new husbsnd will then have to petition her himself. Exceptions are if she can prove he abused her.

If I couldn't trust my girl in the states, I wouldn't want to be with her in the Philippines either.

YMMV.

It's nothing to do with trust. Nothing at all.

Some of these girls simply change.

KonGC

• Like 3
FirstTimeInCebu

Some even change way before leaving the country. It is a good thing that they show their true colors way before hand, which in itself is a real blessing.

TheMatrix

Matrix,are you bringing her to Vegas?You know i lived in vegas for many years and it has a very upbeat social climate for young adults with all the nightclub, i would be wary of her getting caught up in the scene.

I also will never bring a woman over from the ph due to the statement you made about setting boundaries,why,why,why and how can you live your life and set boundaries on hers?just doesnt make sense.Who wants to live like that?

Oh no man, no worries... I'm not the type to set boundaries. I was only querying the group as to what boundaries they would set. The first one, not really a boundary, but is to NOT to move into a Filipino neighborhood. I think I will adopt that boundary.

And yes, it's easy to get caught up in the night club scene in Vegas, but I'm fairly certain she won't because she never once had a desire to hit the clubs here. In the three years we have been together, we have never gone to a bar or any of those clubs on Mango. Even when she was single, her friends dragged her to those places a couple times and she did not enjoy it. Besides she has no desire to drink. I don't think the club scene in Vegas will present a problem, but your concern is valid. I was the one that got caught up in that scene after I left my cheatin' wife, zipping around in a Ferrari, drugs and alcohol, etc etc. It's a very dark and slippery slope to the downside and I won't get near it again.

• Like 1
TheMatrix

It's nothing to do with trust. Nothing at all.

Some of these girls simply change.

Yup, that's the scary part. I think all girls change in their mid-20's. It comes down to whether you get along with the new girl after the change.

ArieBombarie

What I find absolutely amusing is older men bringing young attractive women to the US? What in the frak do you think is going to happen?

Stay in the Philippines with them.... Unless you are unbelievably rich or incredibly good looking ur fukked. Or maybe have a huge schlong. ROFL old guys crack me up. Its about survival, these girls grow up on American TV that perpetuates unrealistic expectations. What are you thinking? Keep them in the Phils, PERIOD.

quite true and just natural for the girl to jump over to a mate more her age if he offers the same security

Yup, that's the scary part. I think all girls change in their mid-20's. It comes down to whether you get along with the new girl after the change.

It's not only an age change thing.

Whether we like it or not, filipinas consider our apparent wealth and ability to "get them out of here" way more important than "gee I love this guy".

Once you marry and move west, there is every chance that these are the perceptions that will change.

And as someone said, there are people in the west that will gladly inform her that she can have it all now without you.

A private detective that I occasionally employed to do "secret shopper" tasks in my retail stores once told me that there were two constants.

Once a person was caught, no one could believe that this was a person who would do such a thing.

And about half "petty and personal crime" was committed by family or friends.

KonGC

Edited by KennyF
She would not be the right one to stay in the philippines with for this guy either... Actually for any guy, judging by her actions.

In the Philippines, she can't take half your assets through court.

I'm petty sure Steve won't have any problems with his wife to be back in the US. He looks after himself, he appears to take pride in his g/f and encourages her to progress in life. I'm sure they will be a happy couple together. If he treats her with respect which it looks like he does, he will be amply rewarded with a loving wife.

It's obvious she will change, we all do! She will be in a new and modern enviroment with numerous oppurtunities to improve herself. This will be good for the both of them

Edited by 3stripes
  • Like 4
questsea73

I agree with many others on this thread that encouraging intermingling with other Filipinas in your home country to any substantial extent will substantially increase the risk of a divorce.

However, it is difficult to import a complete stranger(other than her access to USA tv/movies) whom you love without looking out for her to minimize her loneliness. At a minimum the guy needs to find a source for Asian food supplies unless he have the money to pay for freight to use mail-order groceries. The contacts often start there. Also she needs someone to occassionally speak her own language. Beware the long distance telephone charges she will run up to her family in P.I.---but that is still cheaper than a lawyer.

Many of the Asian women find they have trouble socializing with USA women because don't have driver's license, or local women can't understand your woman or she can't understand them...etc.

I don't know if it is better to have a very outgoing personality wife who will be able to adapt to your social environment or one who is self-sufficient and needs few friends and not necessarily any Filipino ones.

The areas where there are many Asians are the easiest for your woman to adapt to and the ones most likely to overflow with ambulance-chasing divorce lawyers (all major metro areas in California, ditto Florida, New York City area are the ones that come readily to mind) and ex-enertainer "friends" with suggestions of how to ditch your husband and benefit by it----- for USA relocation.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

In the Philippines, she can't take half your assets through court.

depending upon how sharp her bolo is

• Like 2