• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheMatrix

• ILPI

• smokey

• Davaoeno

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Over time i have learned to be more and more cautious about who i would hook up with to possibly bring here. I think it can work out if you are careful even with age differences but just as clearly a

my wife was only in the us 3 months and got her drivers lic and hits the walmart ,, costco circut..and now she wants a job... why is this thread remind me of the old days in the usa when you were told

If I couldn't trust my girl in the states, I wouldn't want to be with her in the Philippines either.   YMMV.

smokey

Over time i have learned to be more and more cautious about who i would hook up with to possibly bring here. I think it can work out if you are careful even with age differences but just as clearly as there are cases that work out fine.. there are some that dont.

This week I got an up close look at one of the cases that is not working out. I met a 22 year old filipina on a date site who was staying near my place. according to her the guy she came here to be with on a fiance visa was abusive and she was now staying with a filipina friend and her kano husband.. i took her out for a bite to eat and got into talking specifics about the abuse.. apparently he was around 50 and according to her very ugly. kind of shocked me that she just met the guy in cebu a few months ago and didnt think he was ugly then. as she described the 'abusive' situation i realized that he never touched her... never yelled at her... never threatened her.. they merely argued regarding how much time she spent on the internet. so in short order she took off for her friends house and is now meeting with lawyers to see how she can arrange to stay without having to go back to her fiance.

i happen to know that it can be done very easily and legally if she finds someone to marry within the time remaining on her fiance visa., thus her interest in getting to know 'me'. i suggested that she might want to stay at one of my wilder and younger filipina friends' house since the couple she was staying with now were more mature and not really happy about her trying to date around under their roof. she expressed no interest in changing locations as she described her continued interest in mature and stable guys like me. smelling a rat i had my wilder filipina friend tag her some of their vegas party pictures on facebook that included some hot young guys she also knows.

within 5 minutes of her seeing those pics i received a call from the newly arrived filipina begging me to take her to my wild filipina friends house to stay. i asked my filipina friend to find out just out of curiosity what this newly arrived filipina really thought of me and the response was "he's old and ugly". that was never really a big secret to me so me and my filipina friend had a good laugh about it. of course im not taking this girl anywhere. i dont feel like wasting even the gas money to deliver her an hour away to my friends house.

i truly feel pity on the guy that brought her here. obviously considerable expenses are involved and heart ache too.. he's continuously calling her begging her to come back and she is basically just blowing him off. i wonder how he explains this to his friends and family, some of which probably warned him about 'mail order brides'. she feels pity for him too but is apparently not about to settle down with some ugly geezer that disagrees with her, for the rest of her life. i realize that she is a good enough actor that i could have been fooled too if i didnt have access to all the lessons and real life stories available here on LinC and also have the help of some cool filipina friends here that trapped her and other trash for me when i need that kind of assistance.

this girl was not a bar girl. she's a college grad and speaks well. just goes to show you that you cant stereotype bad ones.. they come in all forms.... for all you newbies out there... learn from this..

in arizona and Washington my wife has meet a few Filiappana who after coming to the us find out their husbands are NOT rich and expect them to work in some cases and they tell my wife or thru the other pinoy that this is unexpetable and if they knew this before coming to the us they would of NEVER married this guy and its his fault to LET them assum he was going to be able to support them IN A WAY AND STYLE THEY WERE TRICKED TO THINK WAS TRUE.. of course we are negtive if we tell this type of story as to many here in the first place its not possible that a women from the philippines would be anything but perfect in every way and we are also negtive and hateful .. so shit happens and you just be glad it did not happen to you

• Like 3
quit_yume

in arizona and Washington my wife has meet a few Filiappana who after coming to the us find out their husbands are NOT rich and expect them to work in some cases and they tell my wife or thru the other pinoy that this is unexpetable and if they knew this before coming to the us they would of NEVER married this guy and its his fault to LET them assum he was going to be able to support them IN A WAY AND STYLE THEY WERE TRICKED TO THINK WAS TRUE.. of course we are negtive if we tell this type of story as to many here in the first place its not possible that a women from the philippines would be anything but perfect in every way and we are also negtive and hateful .. so shit happens and you just be glad it did not happen to you

i always make it abundantly clear right away that whoever i marry WILL work and im not here offering a free ride to someone that wants to sit home and do very little..

• Like 2
Wombat No More

These fella's ask for trouble by hooking up with women (?) barely out of childhood and who have not yet matured mentally. (around 25 is that age). I have no real pity for him as it is a self inflicted injury... That's not to say there aren't good younger women and a few have found them but the chances of getting an immature 'kid' is extremely high.

The girl sounds like a selfish, vagina on legs... Wouldn't do it for me either, I need some intellect, care and consideration thrown in at least, you know, what the guy is usually offering up front. (Bearing in mind that there are a lot of dickhead bad guys out there too)

• Like 8
SkyMan

QY, you need to warn your friend. She will probably find out that if she doesn't marry the guy she came to marry she will have to return. Even if she marrys some other sucker. She might try to go back to him and turn on the charm and he could fall for it. He's just lucky to not have invested too much.

• Like 1
smokey

i would say in the time my wife has been in the us she says about 75% of the marriages seem to be doing fine... and the one thing that surprised her is the other pinoy were the ones to convince the new girls that they have lots of rights .. she said one girl they all gave a hard time to because her husband lost his job and was not looking hard enough to please them and she should divorce him and they would set her up with an employed guy as long as looks were not so important

smokey

QY, you need to warn your friend. She will probably find out that if she doesn't marry the guy she came to marry she will have to return. Even if she marrys some other sucker. She might try to go back to him and turn on the charm and he could fall for it. He's just lucky to not have invested too much.

come on she will play the (( i am just a sweet young girl being abused by the mean old guy and she will win

• Like 1
RetiredNavyGuy

Hmmnm...for those a bit more "mature", why does the Susan Blackwell case come to mind, yet again?

lazydays
she just met the guy in cebu a few months ago

No surprise it didn't work out, they hardly knew each other.

Sounds like he had DESPERATE stamped on his forehead and she wanted a visa and walking ATM.

Such is life!

• Like 1
SkyMan

i would say in the time my wife has been in the us she says about 75% of the marriages seem to be doing fine... and the one thing that surprised her is the other pinoy were the ones to convince the new girls that they have lots of rights .. she said one girl they all gave a hard time to because her husband lost his job and was not looking hard enough to please them and she should divorce him and they would set her up with an employed guy as long as looks were not so important

These are the influences one has to deal with in the west, especially when one becomes involved with Fil-Am social networks.

Both, in my opinion, were at fault here. He was, as previously stated, desperate. (He did all the thinking with his little head, when this gorgeous young Filipina smiled at him.) She was only looking for a ticket to the Red, White, and Blue.

I still stand by what I always say, DO NOT TAKE A FILIPINA OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES TO A WESTERN COUNTRY.

• Like 8

If this is a K1, I thought that you cannot marry anyone other than the petitioner. If you do not within 90 days, you are illegal (or you went back). Or is there a way around this?

Both, in my opinion, were at fault here. He was, as previously stated, desperate. (He did all the thinking with his little head, when this gorgeous young Filipina smiled at him.) She was only looking for a ticket to the Red, White, and Blue.

I still stand by what I always say, DO NOT TAKE A FILIPINA OUT OF THE PHILIPPINES TO A WESTERN COUNTRY.

She would not be the right one to stay in the philippines with for this guy either... Actually for any guy, judging by her actions.

If this is a K1, I thought that you cannot marry anyone other than the petitioner. If you do not within 90 days, you are illegal (or you went back). Or is there a way around this?

With the right Lawyer, claiming abuse, even if non exist, can prolong her stay and allow her to contract marriage with another.

Seen this happen on several occasions.

Headshot

Yes. All she has to do is accuse him of abuse (to the authorities)...but she has to come up with a better story than she did to Quit Yume to make it stick. Otherwise...you are right. Even if she does marry another American, she will have to return to the Philippines and go through the spousal visa process...which because of her history will NOT be the slam dunk it usually is.