Can someone explain the hate/love affair of USA and France ?

Stranded Shipscook

Stranded Shipscook

This is something i wanted to know all the time...

As it occured to me, there is a negative opinion of Americans towards the French.

Here in the forum, in movies, in jokes and anecdotes.

I really do not know why this is the case. And i don't believe they really dislike french at all, since they had no negative history such as the UK or Germany with France .

Anyone can explain this...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stranded Shipscook

• sperry

• EAGLE

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What about the love hate relationship with France and the rest of the world.

Whilst the evidence given so far provides evidence of the symptoms I don't think it identifies the underlying illness. I think it goes right back to the cultural and political divide between the UK an

yes i am french then old enough too understand it,yes sure the old generation have a disliked of any foreigners ,but the new generation travel then have another point of view. has the American some r

Posted Images

batman2525

This is something i wanted to know all the time...

As it occured to me, there is a negative opinion of Americans towards the French.

Here in the forum, in movies, in jokes and anecdotes.

I really do not know why this is the case. And i don't believe they really dislike french at all, since they had no negative history such as the UK or Germany with France .

Anyone can explain this...

• Like 5
:stick_poke: Got me, but an interesting question none the less. :lee_popcorn:
thebob

The Americans have an impression that the French surrender very quickly.

The Americans do not understand that Europeans fight for the oppressed, and those who they have treaties with, whether they are attacked or not.

The US has always been a bit of a reluctant ally, historically they only look after their own interests.

Stranded Shipscook

That is actually the same question, as most problems seem to be with USA or UK. (But the UK one is special in itself and another topic)

• Like 1
musicman666

That is actually the same question, as most problems seem to be with USA or UK. (But the UK one is special in itself and another topic)

yes.... the historical feud between england and france makes anything else seem like a walk in the park.

musicman666

News to me.

?? just google the phrase "feud between britain and france" ..33000 hits come up ... cary i thought you were the news man?

ah cary.. maybe your american.... ooops.

Edited by musicman666
Mr. Mike

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, who would you rather have a beer with?

post-5171-0-26859300-1321114371_thumb.jpg

post-5171-0-57451700-1321114421_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
just google the phrase "feud between britain and france" ..33000 hits come up

MM;

Guenther's post said the States, not the UK/ And I am sure behind closed doors both the French and the White House use some 4 letter words in regards to each other. But again as I read my post I said publicly I do not know of nay issue we have with the French. You can count the freedom fry if you like MM but really what country does not have something against another. But usually its nothing major and in fact it appears normal to one and all.

Mr. Mike

The Americans have an impression that the French surrender very quickly.

The Americans do not understand that Europeans fight for the oppressed, and those who they have treaties with, whether they are attacked or not.

The US has always been a bit of a reluctant ally, historically they only look after their own interests.

..............and France doesn't?

musicman666

MM;

Guenther's post said the States, not the UK/ And I am sure behind closed doors both the French and the White House use some 4 letter words in regards to each other. But again as I read my post I said publicly I do not know of nay issue we have with the French. You can count the freedom fry if you like MM but really what country does not have something against another. But usually its nothing major and in fact it appears normal to one and all.

"ah cary.. maybe your american.... ooops"

• Admin (Retired)
broden

i find it humorous that a German guy is asking about America hating on France

:stick_poke:

• Like 2

Well,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, who would you rather have a beer with?

Louis XIV ofcourse. When he lived USA was not yet born. He could be your grand.......grandfather......

?? just google the phrase "feud between britain and france" ..33000 hits come up ... cary i thought you were the news man?

ah cary.. maybe your american.... ooops.

Diplomat.!

EAGLE

• Like 1