Euro collapse

Stranded Shipscook

It's not a different topic...Free speech is free speech...even if an idiot is speaking. You want to speak in opposition to someone else's rally, hold your own rally...simple....Dennis

In case of any sympathy for Hitler, its prohibited in "speech Free" Germany, as well as anything (symbols,flags or uniforms) from the third Reich.

Because it violates the constitution. Same with Demos "Pro" any other totalitarian Regime of the left, such as North Korea..

Any group voicing unconstitutional goals is prohibited. I think that is a fine compromise.

In case of white supremacists, they would violate the "Equality of races " guaranteed by the US Constitution, wouldn't it ?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stranded Shipscook

• BFHammer

• EAGLE

• USMC-Retired

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dude i am 60 years old now and have been hearing of one dooms day after another and yet still we are here... just enjoy life and let the skittso types worry about end of days.

The OP article is full of shit and nonsense.   I suggest to read decent newspapers/magazine with real and full background info.   here is one :   http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Jeezz "don't mention the War"   Tom

Posted Images

dennis1105

In case of any sympathy for Hitler, its prohibited in "speech Free" Germany, as well as anything (symbols,flags or uniforms) from the third Reich.

Because it violates the constitution. Same with Demos "Pro" any other totalitarian Regime of the left, such as North Korea..

Any group voicing unconstitutional goals is prohibited. I think that is a fine compromise.

In case of white supremacists, they would violate the "Equality of races " guaranteed by the US Constitution, wouldn't it ?

Then Germany doesn't have free speech....What you are saying is that a rally in favor of changing the German Constitution(an unconstitutional goal) would be prohibited??Who wrote the German Constitution? Doesn't it have amendments? What if something in the Constitution needs to be changed? Is pointing that out unlawful? Sounds like a "slippery slope" to me....

In the case of white supremacists, their opinions are completely Constitutional and protected by our Constitution, if they unlawfully act on their opinion, or it can be proven that they incited others to unlawfully act on their opinion, then it becomes a hate crime.

Dennis

eggnoggin

go to ft.com .................................... the endless learned videos on the euro will cycle ...watch and learn all you can stand... :)

Stranded Shipscook

Then Germany doesn't have free speech....What you are saying is that a rally in favor of changing the German Constitution(an unconstitutional goal) would be prohibited??Who wrote the German Constitution? Doesn't it have amendments? What if something in the Constitution needs to be changed? Is pointing that out unlawful? Sounds like a "slippery slope" to me....

In the case of white supremacists, their opinions are completely Constitutional and protected by our Constitution, if they unlawfully act on their opinion, or it can be proven that they incited others to unlawfully act on their opinion, then it becomes a hate crime.

Dennis

Demonstrations to amend the constitution are allowed, but not when they violate human and basic rights. Who would want to change them anyway ?

The Constitution was written by http://en.wikipedia....blic_of_Germany

There have been additions and necessary amendments ( about 50 ) caused by the additions. For example the protection of Environment as a state policy and the re-introduction of armed forces in 1956.

Anyhow, the major important aspect was, that the constitution is actually only "valid' since 1990. Which is probably the most modern Constitution in the Western World, i guess.

More info in the link i provided.

On the extreme cases of white supremacists i can not see any difference of people which assemble to PLAN their crimes and people which actually do it.

Crime prevention is the goal here, or not ? Now, don't get me wrong, i am talking about real badass people and xxxxxx haters. Not the occasional accusation that this or that minority is causing this or that. A healthy debate is ok also in Germany. As long as the goal isn't to destroy or strip those minorities ( or majorities btw., it goes vice versa )

Edited by G....

As this has moved from the topic of "the Euro" to German politics, it is time to close this thread.

(Sorry, no free speach as this is a private forum!)

• Like 2