another deadly motorbike acident

a other foreigner died on the roads while riding his bike.

this time a dutch guy, and it was in dumaquete.

i did not know the guy and the exact circumstances,except a other motor driver hit him and run off after the accident

but once again, riding scooters-bikes is plain dangerous in the philipinnes

shadow

a other foreigner died on the roads while riding his bike.

this time a dutch guy, and it was in dumaquete.

i did not know the guy and the exact circumstances,except a other motor driver hit him and run off after the accident

but once again, riding scooters-bikes is plain dangerous in the philipinnes

His name was John, and yes we knew him. We were at his house about 3 weeks ago and spent the afternoon hoisting beers. This was his second crash this year, the first it took him many months to get back on his feet, and it was only about two months ago that he was back on the road.

Great guy, much loved here.

Larry in Dumaguete

Alfred E. Neuman

I hate it when that happens to anybody! Oh well, when it's your time...... R.I.P.

His name was John, and yes we knew him. We were at his house about 3 weeks ago and spent the afternoon hoisting beers. This was his second crash this year, the first it took him many months to get back on his feet, and it was only about two months ago that he was back on the road.

Great guy, much loved here.

Larry in Dumaguete

Larry, very sad news. Condolences to family and friends. Any more info on the nature of this particular crash. Was he wearing a helmet? Time of day? Road hazards? drinking?, Hit n run ?

musicman666

Larry, very sad news. Condolences to family and friends. Any more info on the nature of this particular crash. Was he wearing a helmet? Time of day? Road hazards? drinking?, Hit n run ?

Yeah..we all learn by other peoples mistakes.

Yeah..we all learn by other peoples mistakes.

I wish that was true. Most only learn from making their own.

shadow

I wish that was true. Most only learn from making their own.

If I learned something from all my mistakes, I should be f***ing genius level pretty soon!

"Larry, very sad news. Condolences to family and friends. Any more info on the nature of this particular crash. Was he wearing a helmet? Time of day? Road hazards? drinking?, Hit n run ?"

What I heard is he was clipped by one of the many thousands of motorcycles that just must pass, and hit the ditch. He died of internal injuries later in the day at Silliman. Yes, hit and run.

Larry in Dumaguete

Many people die every day on the roads in the Philippines. Mostly Filipinos, but a few foreigners. I think its noteworthy to mention the foreigners who are killed on the road, on this forum, since this is a forum dedicated to expats. But I wish to say that deaths are so common on Filipino roads, that its worth to note that you have to be god damned careful on those roads. Please everyone be careful out there, it can sometimes seem empty on those provincial highways, but things can change in the blink of an eye. Also, don't drink and drive, don't overtake in risky situations, and don't think that you KNOW IT ALL, and that it won't happen to YOU! Wear a helmet if you are riding a motorcycle, and just take your time. After all, you came to the Philippines to slow down, didn't you? Anyhow, just be careful on those roads.

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 3
smokey

Many people die every day on the roads in the Philippines. Mostly Filipinos, but a few foreigners. I think its noteworthy to mention the foreigners who are killed on the road, on this forum, since this is a forum dedicated to expats. But I wish to say that deaths are so common on Filipino roads, that its worth to note that you have to be god damned careful on those roads. Please everyone be careful out there, it can sometimes seem empty on those provincial highways, but things can change in the blink of an eye. Also, don't drink and drive, don't overtake in risky situations, and don't think that you KNOW IT ALL, and that it won't happen to YOU! Wear a helmet if you are riding a motorcycle, and just take your time. After all, you came to the Philippines to slow down, didn't you? Anyhow, just be careful on those roads.

i stopped driving as i felt the need to practice road rage and felt going to jail here is just not good for your health

• Like 3
jtmwatchbiz

i stopped driving as i felt the need to practice road rage and felt going to jail here is just not good for your health

i hear ya smokey. for me i have no choice i must constantly drive all day and nite due to the nature of our business but i feel the same as you. when i'm driving, not a kilometer goes by that i don't find myself clenching my teeth and sputtering obscenities to myself. motorbike riders are no doubt right up there as some of the worst. for me, it's the taxis that piss me off the most. i have fantasies of administering chuck norris type assaults on these brain dead taxi drivers as they are the ones who are truly the biggest problem. the jeepneys are certainly annoying, but those drivers have skill...no discipline but indeed are skilled. the taxi drivers are the worst bunch of helpless incompetent unskilled driving morons on the road. just watch some of them attempt to park their shitbox taxi in a parking lot, or drive in reverse if you want to get a good laugh...providing they're not in your way at the time.

ok, ok i'm sure we can all name a few decent taxi drivers but they are far outnumbered. daytime can find most taxi "drivers" slouched down in their seats slowly wandering from lane to lane searching the sidewalks for anyone resembling a potential fare, or making a bonehead swerve across all lanes to beep at some hapless foreigner on the outside chance he may need a ride. nite time we can look foward to the roads clogged by the mildly retarded shabu smoking red horse sipping wanna-be pimp taxi drivers. the fact that these retards are tolerated by the local wealthy and big shot motorists is a testament to the power of bribes by the taxi company owners. one late nite drive down mango ave near juliana's by a powerful bigshot would be enough to have those taxi's impounded and the drivers arrested...that is if they could...

Edited by jtmwatchbiz
smokey

i hear ya smokey. for me i have no choice i must constantly drive all day and nite due to the nature of our business but i feel the same as you. when i'm driving, not a kilometer goes by that i don't find myself clenching my teeth and sputtering obscenities to myself. motorbike riders are no doubt right up there as some of the worst. for me, it's the taxis that piss me off the most. i have fantasies of administering chuck norris type assaults on these brain dead taxi drivers as they are the ones who are truly the biggest problem. the jeepneys are certainly annoying, but those drivers have skill...no discipline but indeed are skilled. the taxi drivers are the worst bunch of helpless incompetent unskilled driving morons on the road. just watch some of them attempt to park their shitbox taxi in a parking lot, or drive in reverse if you want to get a good laugh...providing they're not in your way at the time.

ok, ok i'm sure we can all name a few decent taxi drivers but they are far outnumbered. daytime can find most taxi "drivers" slouched down in their seats slowly wandering from lane to lane searching the sidewalks for anyone resembling a potential fare, or making a bonehead swerve across all lanes to beep at some hapless foreigner on the outside chance he may need a ride. nite time we can look foward to the roads clogged by the mildly retarded shabu smoking red horse sipping wanna-be pimp taxi drivers. the fact that these retards are tolerated by the local wealthy and big shot motorists is a testament to the power of bribes by the taxi company owners. one late nite drive down mango ave near juliana's by a powerful bigshot would be enough to have those taxi's impounded and the drivers arrested...that is if they could...

for me it was the bus driver from car car not the yellow bus but the cheap seats buses.. they love to play chicken and push you off the road i would get in front then stop short almost caused a few accidents so i though its time.. It got especially bad when my wife was with me and we were on the way to the RANGE... hmmmmm

David Kennedy

Oddly enough, my friend in Dumaguete has found his access to the DumagueteInfo forum restricted because he reminded forum members there to wear a helmet in the thread posted about this latest motorcycle death mentioned here.

His comment was removed from the thread, and now we can be sitting side by side, and where I have no problem acessing the forum, he constantly gets messages saying there are "Server Problems..." inhibiting him from participating in the forum?

How petty. Evidently the moderator and the forum owner who is at a distance in MNL I am told, just don't want the message about helmets to be broadcast?

Our feeling is that what-maybe only two weeks from the time of the accident or so no one will take this latest motorcycling death seriously enough anymore to start wearing a helmet. I'd think the deceased would be warning other riders to wear a helmet if he could?

Doctors at the hospital reported that the passing was caused by head injuries-but the cause of death is no matter-you need to wear a helmet!

Edited by David Kennedy
shadow

Oddly enough, my friend in Dumaguete has found his access to the DumagueteInfo forum restricted because he reminded forum members there to wear a helmet in the thread posted about this latest motorcycle death mentioned here.

His comment was removed from the thread, and now we can be sitting side by side, and where I have no problem acessing the forum, he constantly gets messages saying there are "Server Problems..." inhibiting him from participating in the forum?

How petty. Evidently the moderator and the forum owner who is at a distance in MNL I am told, just don't want the message about helmets to be broadcast?

Our feeling is that what-maybe only two weeks from the time of the accident or so no one will take this latest motorcycling death seriously enough anymore to start wearing a helmet. I'd think the deceased would be warning other riders to wear a helmet if he could?

Doctors at the hospital reported that the passing was caused by head injuries-but the cause of death is no matter-you need to wear a helmet!

The post was removed due to the never ceasing preaching of some to always wear a helmet, and the argument that always ensues. There was no need for this argument over such a tragic accident when there was no REAL info available, it serves no purpose except for some to preach their beliefs and attempt to force them onto others. I have yet to see any statement by anyone in the know that the death was caused by head injuries, or whether he was or was not wearing a helmet. What I heard was "internal injuries". I will be talking with his wife tomorrow, and should have more info then. In the meantime, I will not speculate on the cause of death, or whether or not he could have lived life as an invalid.

Personally, if I had the choice of a quick death by head injury, or languishing in an ill equipped hospital with totally incompetent doctors, and dying from infection due to incompetence, or living life as an invalid due to same, I think I would choose the instant/near instant death by head injury, thank you. Save everyone including me the anguish.

The moderator of the forum, as most everybody knows, lives right here in Dumaguete, and in fact the victim of the accident was on the way to his house at the time of the accident.

Please show some respect.

Your mileage may vary.

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow