Flooding...

miles-high

During my almost 2 years’ stay here in the Philippines, I experienced 2 flooding…

My first encounter was huge… Typhoon Ondoy flooded most of Manila while I peacefully slept in a hotel. I had to stay in the hotel for the next few days but unlike other unfortunate people, we had enough food, water, electricity, internet connection, etc…

My second was in Cebu… it took me almost 4 hours to get from the airport to SM Cebu (first 2 hours was spent on Reclamation Road gridlock)… My driver tried every which way but the road was closed by flood – the first time I ever saw a car floating on water (Lahug). I think he finally went up on the hill toward Marco Polo Hotel then came down toward SM (SM driverway was flooded so we went to Radisson instead)…

Philippine government promised people of preventive measures taken but I was wondering if anything has been done…

I guess Manila, Cebu City and Bangkok can use this type of system (if it has not already being buit)…

http://news.yahoo.co...1029-slideshow/

:D