Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Contact information, websites & complaints of taxi drivers in Cebu

Paul

Okay, I will start this thread off, which was Guenther's idea from this thread: Taxi Rates in Cebu

I can suggest the following drivers to be reliable, trustworthy, and usually on time:

Danny Noy's Taxi Service - Danny owns his own company based out of Cebu & Danao cities.

Danny: 0919-685-0007 - Currently drives a private car for hire. He can give you a direct quote, though.

Tarry - 0935-928-4991 - Drives for Ken Taxi, South Highway, just below where the SRP comes in at the Talisay / Minglanilla border.

Edited by Admin

Panzertotem

Thanks to Paul I was able to contact Danny before I even entered the country. Danny picked me up from the airport in Cebu and charged me only 1000 pesos to get to Carcar. He even picked up a Nokia phone for me!!

Highly reccomend

Davaoeno
Danny picked me up from the airport in Cebu and charged me only 1000 pesos to get to Carcar

for those of us not very familiar with Cebu- what would the meter charge on a white taxi from the airport to Carcar be ?

Paul
for those of us not very familiar with Cebu- what would the meter charge on a white taxi from the airport to Carcar be ?

Typically, I can get a taxi from Mactan Island to Carcar, for about Php 800, flat rate.

I don't know what the metered rate would be. But, an airport taxi from there to my apartment (for a friend of mine) was Php 1,020, if I recall correctly, a while back. So, it would definitely be less. Php 200 less sounds about right.

Edited by Admin

smokey

So for the personal service you get by having danny pick you up well worth the at most 200p.. extra ...

• Like 1

Panzertotem

What do you think.....Westerner coming to a 3rd world country unaware of the nuances regarding the purchasing power of the Peso....

Referral from an American on the ground, running a reputable forum.

New Nokia Cell phone preloaded, SMART

Piece of mind

200 pesos?

You have been here to long, I wipe my ass with 200 pesos, even if I don't have any.....hehe

Edited by Panzertotem
  • Like 2

CardiacKid

What do you think.....Westerner coming to a 3rd world country unaware of the nuances regarding the purchasing power of the Peso....

Referral from an American on the ground, running a reputable forum.

New Nokia Cell phone preloaded, SMART

Piece of mind

200 pesos?

You have been here to long, I wipe my ass with 200 pesos, even if I don't have any.....hehe

No, let's not do the logical thing. Let's walk out of the airport and pay some local with a POS car 2500 pesos to go to CarCar. Along the way we might even meet up with a couple of his buddies who make the luggage carrying chore much lighter. Not to mention that new laptop and camera. Those who obsess about 200 pesos are probably going to be scammed out of much more. NEVER take the advice of those who live there and are familiar with the prices. Jeeesh, sometimes I really get pissed at the newbies who know it all as soon as they land in Cebu.
  • Like 1

smokey

No, let's not do the logical thing. Let's walk out of the airport and pay some local with a POS car 2500 pesos to go to CarCar. Along the way we might even meet up with a couple of his buddies who make the luggage carrying chore much lighter. Not to mention that new laptop and camera. Those who obsess about 200 pesos are probably going to be scammed out of much more. NEVER take the advice of those who live there and are familiar with the prices. Jeeesh, sometimes I really get pissed at the newbies who know it all as soon as they land in Cebu.

and of course after a 20 hour flight and its the middle of the night most new guys know exactly where car car is... i got a cab a few days ago told him i want to go to vista grande in talisay... so he starts to drive from sm toward S/R and i said hello Talisay .. oh sir sorry i though you ment mactan

smokey

lets think you come in for 3 weeks from the us... i would bet you not only have lots of presents for a special girl but also maybe a lap top and a few thousand DOLLARS your tired and sleepy , I say take a yellow taxi and either put the lic. number in your phone or write it on your hand and then if you get out and he say drives away or he stops in a bad area and 2 guy just happen to be there to rob ALL of you ... (inside job ) you can give up your stuff and now that your in good health file a case... lets hope you have a credit card as with most hotels and hospitals etc.. no money no honey /// so I think you either take a taxi like danny who is know to paul or you take a yellow cab or an airport limo .... that is what I think

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1

udonthani

yellow taxi definitely recommended for newbies, same as at Manila.

meter rate is always substantially less than a negotiated price to an outlying town. You can always ask a driver to put it on once you've negotiated a fare, it doesn't make any difference to them. My guess is to Carcar it would be around 500 on the meter which no driver would accept unless he was starving to death or had the hots for some girl from there and was going there anyway. . .

miles-high

I don’t know if I am getting a good deal or not but my new Cebu driver (I already took my car back to Manila) charges me PHP2,500 for 24 hours plus gas, with a relatively new Chevy… I guess he sleeps in the car, parking lot, at his place or wherever close by, when I am not using his service so essentially he is on-call 24 hours a day…

expat08

You can always catch a cab to the bus depot in Cebu City for 100-150 pesos and pay 100-300 more then to Carcar (don't know the fare). I've done this.

expat08

I don’t know if I am getting a good deal or not but my new Cebu driver (I already took my car back to Manila) charges me PHP2,500 for 24 hours plus gas, with a relatively new Chevy… I guess he sleeps in the car, parking lot, at his place or wherever close by, when I am not using his service so essentially he is on-call 24 hours a day…

Renting a 1.0-1.3L car that runs on LPG might be cheaper.

Thalcoozyo

Anybody have updated suggestions on taxi-van from Cebu airport to the SM Mall area?   Will need a van due to the number in our party, and all the luggage.

If you have it, I'd like a text # so I can contact/schedule.

Thanks

AndyW

If your going to take a bus to Carcar from Cebu city then take an air-con bus the risk of death from the crazy driving is reduced as they take it more easy.....otherwise prepare for a white knuckle ride especially at night...done that route many times folks.....insane the speeds they do....