Sign in to follow this  
scoobie007

Lanzones festival, Camiguin Island

scoobie007

Just returned from the Lanzones festival in Camiguin - a truly spectacular event - ive posted a link below which will take you to images from the street parade/dancing. It's so worth the trip for those who havn't seen it, great thing is small crowds nowhere near as big as Sinulog. Again I stayed at secret cove in Yumbing - apart from the heavily stocked bar of assorted whiskey (I think Paul mentioned this somewhere !), its just a totally relaxed peaceful place with the sea on your doorstep.

Camiguin just impresses me - of all the places i would consider moving to from Cebu - it's there.

http://bruceliron.ph...000yespuvZ9.5g/

Edited by scoobie007
  • Like 3

stagger

Fantastic colors in the Photo's, looks like a good event especially if the crowds are not like Sinulog.

Was the accommodation hard to get for the festival?

scoobie007

To make sure of my accommodation - particularly the room I wanted, I booked a couple of months ahead. There seems to be a good selection of rooms/hotels/resorts on the Island but I guess its like anything else - first come first served.

Experienced

Just returned from the Lanzones festival in Camiguin - a truly spectacular event - ive posted a link below which will take you to images from the street parade/dancing. It's so worth the trip for those who havn't seen it, great thing is small crowds nowhere near as big as Sinulog. Again I stayed at secret cove in Yumbing - apart from the heavily stocked bar of assorted whiskey (I think Paul mentioned this somewhere !), its just a totally relaxed peaceful place with the sea on your doorstep.

Camiguin just impresses me - of all the places i would consider moving to from Cebu - it's there.

http://bruceliron.ph...000yespuvZ9.5g/

Awesome photos... thanks for sharing!

Kevin

Paul

Excellent photos. You know, every single year, I am stopped from going to this festival, for one reason or another. This year, I was sick with the flue. I don't know what "force" wishes for me not to show up there. But, it happens like clock work. Any other time of the year that I make it a point to go to Camiguin, the trips work well. It's only at this time that I have issues. :rofl:

Great photos, and good deal. I hope you brought some Lanzones back with you.

Tom Solski is the owner of that resort, along with his wife. And, yes, it is probably the most well stocked bar on that island.

scoobie007

Excellent photos. You know, every single year, I am stopped from going to this festival, for one reason or another. This year, I was sick with the flue. I don't know what "force" wishes for me not to show up there. But, it happens like clock work. Any other time of the year that I make it a point to go to Camiguin, the trips work well. It's only at this time that I have issues. :(

Great photos, and good deal. I hope you brought some Lanzones back with you.

Tom Solski is the owner of that resort, along with his wife. And, yes, it is probably the most well stocked bar on that island.

ha..! yes Paul I managed to get my quota of Lanzones out of the Island ! although it was a poor season - not many around hence the price of 75-80 pesos per kilo. I have a lot of time for Tom - he's a great guy,very helpful and if anyone wanted to know anything about Camiguin he's the man to speak to.