Keeping Davao safe and liveable

USMC-Retired

In the article I posted. I quoted a section where Commission on Human Rights wanted to hold a rally he was worried about his position more then that of the people killed.

Vice Mayor Rodrigo Duterte, who is being linked to the killings, has branded the DDS as a myth.

Duterte, who has repeatedly said that criminals have no place in the city, said the killings could be the result of gang rivalries.

When he learned the CHR was planning to launch a protest rally against summary killings last month, Duterte questioned the agency’s fairness.

“Where is fairness there? It should not have been sponsored by a government agency. There goes the problem,” he said.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Davaoeno

• Baywak

• smokey

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Fair question- but my answer is more based on my personal views than on being an ex lawyer. When Dutertes son pulled over a bus that disobeyed a traffic light and pistol whipped the driver i came out

It may seem good, and it has an effect, but i worry about the future. When will it stop ? Where will it stop ? What if times change ? In this questions i always like to use the famous phrase of Past

So...vigilantism is OK...provided it is led by a "fair" and educated person?   Latin American and Southeast Asian history is full of such "benevolent" dictators, who thought they were doing the "ri

Posted Images

Headshot

Gee, all of a sudden when I ask you to put your money where your mouth is and back up your assertions suddenly you " dont really care" !!!!!! Yesterday you called Duterte a liar and a man who was making up the story about the kidnapper with the gun so that he could shoot the man down, now today you " dont really care ": !!!!!

But I'm not surprised because i knew exactly what you would do when asked to back up your words ! Which is the only reason that I challenged you .

Please show me where I said, “Mayor Duterte is a liar.” in this thread. I don’t think you can because I never said that. Ex-mayor Duterte has never been bashful in admitting leadership in the move to rid Davao of criminals by whatever means necessary (which often meant that people were killed). I don’t think he is lying, but it seems that you do...even though he warns criminals they will be killed in your OP article...just as he has done many times before.

It’s a matter of public record that not too long ago Davao City was as lawless as many other parts of Mindanao. Then Rodney Duterte became mayor and all that changed. Now vice mayor Duterte continues to do his part to make sure that Davao remains a place where its citizens can live in relative safety. Last week a 6 year old girl was kidnapped in Matina in Davao . Markham and I both live in Matina.

Vice mayor warns kidnappers

“If you are really doing inhuman act, I will surely catch you and I will not give you human rights. You don’t deserve it. I will treat you as an animal. So let me reiterate my warning to all, you do that and it will be at the expense to your life…” Duterte said.

BTW, your original bet was flawed.

“The only difference is that Duterte is able to cover up the executions by saying the suspect was resisting arrest, had a grenade, or pulled a gun and fired at police.”

You want me to prove that you are wrong and that Duterte did not in fact cover up the executions by saying the suspect was resisting arrest , and pulled a gun and fired at police ? No problem, I have a simple proposal for you. I trust Markham to do an objective investigation to see whether or not an armed kidnapper fired a gun at the police. If he proves that you are correct and that no such thing ever happened i will pay him 2000 pesos for his tiime and effort. if on the other hand his investigation shows that the kidnapper did in fact pull a gun and fire on police then you pay him the 2000 peso fee. Quite simple actually. Its called putting your money where your mouth is.

I am quite prepared to make it even more interesting. If markham's investigation shows that no kidnapper fired a gun at police i will never post on Linc again- not even with a different name. However, if mark shows that a kidnapper did in fact fire a gun at the police i expect you to leave Linc forever. Are you prepared to back up your words headshot ????

I don’t want you to prove that in this one case the kidnapper didn’t fire a gun (I have no idea where you got that from). I want you to prove that Duterte did NOT condone and inspire the killing of criminals. If he didn’t, I would expect that there are reports of the trials where the killers were brought to trial and convicted. Since the article in your OP quotes him as warning kidnappers that they will be killed (and since he has made similar statements about other classes of criminals through the years), I would think that it would be pretty difficult to say that he never inspired the killings.

Instead of resorting to insults, prove that I'm wrong. Duterte was a very strong mayor. Do you really think any of the killings and disappearances were done without his knowledge and approval?

Oh...and BTW, I never said that the kidnapper never fired a gun. What I said was...

MILF and the NPA respect Duterte because he thinks like they do. The only difference is that Duterte is able to cover up the executions by saying the suspect was resisting arrest, had a grenade, or pulled a gun and fired at police. Uh huh...

Again (in case you have problems with reading comprehension), I did NOT say that Duterte covered up the executions...only that he was able to. Knowing how politicians work in this country, would you seriously disagree with that?

You accuse me of misdirection. That is really funny. I have to bow to you on that count. You are a master of misdirection. Lawyers everywhere should be very proud of you.

Now...back to my original point...do you honestly believe the Ex-mayor Duterte does not lead and inspire those who kill criminals in Davao...even though he has made statements to that effect many times?

Edited by Headshot
smokey

i still think its prisoners who are on a mission /// now at the beginning it could of been x or off duty to include military or so i heard... and i think its still going on to this day....

Headshot

Actually Headshot wondering what his actual experience was to this subject. So your opinion were again far off the mark.

Tim, my apologies...

Davaoeno

Again (in case you have problems with reading comprehension), I did NOT say that Duterte covered up the executions...only that he was able to.

The MILF, NPA and Duterte all operate exactly the same...in that they try, convict and execute on the spot any people they find objectionable...without the necessity for lawyers and all the expense involved in a trial. MILF and the NPA respect Duterte because he thinks like they do. The only difference is that Duterte is able to cover up the executions by saying the suspect was resisting arrest, had a grenade, or pulled a gun and fired at police. Uh huh...

where i come from if you say someone said something, and then say " uh huh " - it inferrs that you are saying that you dont believe it and that they are lying !! I guess you are trying to say that wherever you come from it means something different ?? I'm sure the members here have enough experience with the English language to judge for themselves .

Now Duterte has gone on record as saying that he has nothing to do with the death squads. And today you have posted " I dont think that he was lying, but it seems that you do " . I dont think i even need to comment on that one !!

I think you need a bigger shovel headshot because you are digging yourself a very big hole !

Edited by davaolife
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

Now honestly - does this man look dangerous to you ? [ as you can see i even trust him with my wife !! lol]

post-8045-0-83423900-1319868978_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
smokey

Now honestly - does this man look dangerous to you ? [ as you can see i even trust him with my wife !! lol]

please are you saying with a straight face he DOES NOT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HIS TOWN ?? Now that would mean your saying he is not leading the city .. maybe i did not finish high school but even i know he knows.

• Like 3

[Headshot]MILF and the NPA respect Duterte because he thinks like they do?????????????????{Let me say your LINC name is quite provocative}Osmena give you that name?You see what I am getting at-anyone can say anything they want about anyone they want,ignorance and numbers don't make it correct.Now your MILF/NPA rap about Duterte.Spend a little time in thought about all that goes with davao being in the middle of these two groups activities-MILF and NPA.Duterte is tough because of there actions and keeping it out of davao not because he is there actions also.I would love to see citys with mayors like catman,thebob,smokey and headshot.Davao and cebu and manila would be disney world compared to what you guys would create.

• Like 1
smokey

[Headshot]MILF and the NPA respect Duterte because he thinks like they do?????????????????{Let me say your LINC name is quite provocative}Osmena give you that name?You see what I am getting at-anyone can say anything they want about anyone they want,ignorance and numbers don't make it correct.Now your MILF/NPA rap about Duterte.Spend a little time in thought about all that goes with davao being in the middle of these two groups activities-MILF and NPA.Duterte is tough because of there actions and keeping it out of davao not because he is there actions also.I would love to see citys with mayors like catman,thebob,smokey and headshot.Davao and cebu and manila would be disney world compared to what you guys would create.

thank you for your kind words... but alas i can not run.... but if i did well it would be a chicken in every pot and a 45 on every waist... guess its good thing i cant run... davao is just like cebu the deep south boys dont do dirty here ... guess you might not remember Viet Nam had a city called dalu tang where the amrerican and the VC could spend a peaceful time resting up... like a no fire zone.. well davao and cebu could be just that...

I think you got some problems....... why not answer to a few of the statements down stairs...????

Davaoeno
] I think you got some problems[/color]

if you think i have problems i suggest you come here and discuss them with me face to face like a man !

This thread has gone on for long enough, and it is obvious that the varied views ensure that posters will never agree with each other.

Closed.

• Like 1