"Lived" in RP, VS> "Visited" RP

shadow

shadow

"DUDE read his post, "While I have not yet lived in Cebu, I have started a few businesses in the US. My GF in Cebu also runs a sari-sari." Ok so lets say he met her allready and she moved to Cebu.....highly unlikely

For the love of god!!"

It appears that at least one DUDE of this forum is not aware there is a difference between having LIVED in the Philippines VS. having VISITED the RP. I wonder of he has ever heard of Meriam Webster?

MW says;

Lived: a : to occupy a home : dwell <living in a shabby room> <they had always lived in the country>

Visited: : to go to see in order to comfort or help

a : to pay a call on as an act of friendship or courtesy

b : to reside with temporarily as a guest

c : to go to see or stay at (a place) for a particular purpose (as business or sightseeing)

Hmmm, judging by that, I would have to say that myself, I VISITED the RP a dozen or more times over a period of years, before I ever LIVED here.

It would also seem that I may have MET someone while VISITING here, even though I did not as yet LIVE here.

I would venture a guess that there are many more people who have visited the RP than those that LIVED here.

For the love of God indeed. Perhaps I read this differently because English is my first language.

Larry in Dumaguete

"DUDE read his post, "While I have not yet lived in Cebu, I have started a few businesses in the US. My GF in Cebu also runs a sari-sari." Ok so lets say he met her allready and she moved to Cebu.....highly unlikely

For the love of god!!"

It appears that at least one DUDE of this forum is not aware there is a difference between having LIVED in the Philippines VS. having VISITED the RP. I wonder of he has ever heard of Meriam Webster?

MW says;

Lived: a : to occupy a home : dwell <living in a shabby room> <they had always lived in the country>

Visited: : to go to see in order to comfort or help

a : to pay a call on as an act of friendship or courtesy

b : to reside with temporarily as a guest

c : to go to see or stay at (a place) for a particular purpose (as business or sightseeing)

Hmmm, judging by that, I would have to say that myself, I VISITED the RP a dozen or more times over a period of years, before I ever LIVED here.

It would also seem that I may have MET someone while VISITING here, even though I did not as yet LIVE here.

I would venture a guess that there are many more people who have visited the RP than those that LIVED here.

For the love of God indeed. Perhaps I read this differently because English is my first language.

Larry in Dumaguete

Just because I don't read every topic - what was the original discussion about?

Just because I don't read every topic - what was the original discussion about?

Read the quote from CDPino & replies from here

Edited by UZI
smokey

man did you guys have a meeting and not invite me....

Stranded Shipscook

I wouldn't know the difference, i came, started business and lived of it ....how is life as a visitor ? :sarcasm: