Locked Up Abroad

I have seen this episode also, and the most shocking part for me personally is when they had their baby daughter and went to the British embassyto get ger recongnised as a British citizen only to be told that he had no right to his baby daughter and that it was up to her ex husband what he wanted to happen to her, and it transpired that the ex husband wanted the brits baby daughter so that he could put her in an orphanage. That is what shocked me the most. This ex husband obviously had money, as he obviously brought the police.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyF

• Stranded Shipscook

• tiger31

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I saw almost all of that episode. I thought it was kind of funny the way the Brit thought (early in the episode---before he got into some bribery, too) that bribing a public official (a police office

Smokey is right. Its all about the money. If that had been a Filipino man instead of a foreigner there would not be any charges filed. All over the Philippines adultery is being done and it is excepte

all i'm really waiting for is for one of you guys from the forum to end up on this show   so i can get an autographed copy of the DVD

Stand up guy,The Brit.Nice one.

Very bad publicity for the R.P..

Does the R.P. ever get any good publicity?I never see any.

If this continues,and I see no reason for a change,how can this country compete w/T-land,Cambodia,even Vietnam for tourists that want to visit or Ex-pats wanting to maybe live here?I didnt know this law existed b4 I got here,WHOA!!!

This law along with the new proposed gun-law are going to keep many away.The new gun law says you may shoot to kill in your own home.OK,but how many Ex-pats could get set-up by being lured somewhere w/cash in their pockets,set-up to get robbed,get shot/killed ,robbed and the culprit says:"I was defending my home,life and property.".From the big,bad foreigner ex-pat.this is bad,bad,bad not good,at all.Ex-pats,Be careful about whose invitations you accept,for starters.

I am pro-self defense too!

I have an American friend in PI, Ex Nave pilot, US, who ALWAYS has a X Col. (PI airport security) assess the "new" terrain he will visit in PI.

EAGLE

jtmwatchbiz

i seen this episode as well. aside from the issues mentioned already, how on earth was this girl able to board a plane and fly to the UK? perhaps i was taking a leak when this was covered in the show, but is there not a complicated UK issued visa process needed for that? i was left thinking that there was more to the story than reported, and suspected that the drama about the ex-husband was mostly contrived, and/or successfully resolved before the couple and child departed manila for the UK.

i seen this episode as well. aside from the issues mentioned already, how on earth was this girl able to board a plane and fly to the UK? perhaps i was taking a leak when this was covered in the show, but is there not a complicated UK issued visa process needed for that? i was left thinking that there was more to the story than reported, and suspected that the drama about the ex-husband was mostly contrived, and/or successfully resolved before the couple and child departed manila for the UK.

Yeah, they had to have left out a lot. Keep in mind, this is primarily entertainment not a documentary.

I had some interest in this case when it happened few years back cause I was in a similar situation.

My wife, GF at that time, was married, but the loser abandoned her with 4 kids to live with his mistress 12 years before we met.

1. If your GF is married do not get her pregnant until you clear her through an annulment. This was the key factor on the Brit's case. They could not refute the fact that they committed adultery with the baby on hand.

2. If possible get a solid case against the husband. We know where he lived and that he has two kids with the other woman, so he also could be prosecuted.

3. If you decide to be with the married woman keep a low profile and start an annulment. In our case I never lived in Phils, so I didn't have to worry about having him showing up with the police at my house.

FYI, they lived for a long time hidden somewhere in Manila, much longer than the show makes us believe, the Brit did not have money to pay the husband, and they fled with fake passports to Thailand first, then to UK.

Cheers,

Carlos.

ps. BTW, giving a second chance to a previously married woman and man can be a bless. My wife and I appreciate what we have in a level that is hard to be achieved by someone that never lived the other "side".