cebu pacific airline: its time everone lies! :)

I'm guessing you're not a Brit?

In GB, someone doing a crap job is a "cowboy".

KonG

Your right Kenny , indeed i am not British and your connotation of the word "cowboy" is exactly it. No offensive meaning at all :D

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harald2003

• Davaoeno

• Baywak

• Experienced

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right.   Ive flown many times on CP and only had problems once regarding the flight.   One time they were very slow refunding cancelled tickets. I was repaid very fast when I threatened to r

They can be pretty infuriating... it's true. But like some others have noted: they're a discount carrier and they cut every corner they can to trim the base fares to the bone (how about < 1 PHP?

You have to be realistic, if you choose to fly Cebu Pacific, Zest or AirPhilExpress then don't expect anything more then a non-refundable, non-changable basic ticket (regardless of whether they are su

Posted Images

Holy Shit !!!

I'm flying with them twice next week.

Apart from that they were good right? (desperate humor)

Wish you strong nerves and a relaxed mind ... and dont worry : sometimes all goes well... of couuuuuuuuuurse :D

Davaoeno

Your right Kenny , indeed i am not British and your connotation of the word "cowboy" is exactly it. No offensive meaning at all :D

of course anyone unhappy with the local airlines always has other choices- the bus, and the ferries !! Milliions of filipinos move around the country every day without ever going to an airport.

Edited by davaolife
dowhatuwill

:D You'll be ok man,They replace the duct tape on the wings faithfully once every year.

Hey thanks. Good to know. I am equally worried about the elastic bands that spin the tubos though.

I've flown with them maybe 20x and never had a problem . But that will probably all change next week !! lol

Yes , thats the fun with statistics ...hope you are on the good side of the die again :D

i dont think you and i are going to agree on the definition of the word "civilized" . [ of course if David is reading this i'm sure he can post 15 pages of Google on the subject !! lol sorry - just joking ! ]

Ok ...:D any objections to the reverse : primitive ? :) loll

Headshot

yes, you are right at that. Indeed Mastercard my creditcard can and will do that but would any serious decent company let it come to that ????? They are supposed to be an AIRLINe and then you might expect a serios decent company as 95% of the airlines are and not a postorder company or something

No...but I don't think you believe they are a decent company anyway. Since there is no reason (unless you are trying to book promo fares) to book early on CP, I always book just a few days in advance. Then, if anything goes wrong and they don't provide the service promised, I will challenge the charge with AMEX. Therefore, CP can't cheat me, and no harm is done. I protect myself against any questionable large company in the same way. This isn't only in the Philippines or only with CP. I have used this tactic back in the US as well. Of course, if a company does try to cheat me, I won't do business with them again.

Edited by Headshot

I'm confused. CP accepts AMEX as payment. With AMEX, you can dispute the bill when when you get your statement, if the service wasn't provided. Then the vendor has to prove that they did, indeed, provide the service...which in these cases, they wouldn't be able to do. I think most credit cards allow you to dispute a bill, which I have done on a few ocasions. If a company has shown they can't be trusted to follow through on reversing a charge, then take other actions, like having your credit card company do the dirty work for you.

Quite right.

Ive flown many times on CP and only had problems once regarding the flight.

One time they were very slow refunding cancelled tickets. I was repaid very fast when I threatened to report them to the European credit card company for fraud.

Cedit card holders in Western countires have extensive anti-fraud protection witheir cards. Dont hesitate to make it work for you. CP will go out of buisness very quickly if they are black listed by the the credit card companies and they know it.

• Like 3

No...but I don't think you believe they are a decent company anyway. Since there is no reason (unless you are trying to book promo fares) to book early on CP, I always book just a few days in advance. Then, if anything goes wrong and they don't provide the service promised, I will challenge the charge with AMEX. Therefore, CP can't cheat me, and no harm is done. I protect myself against any questionable large company in the same way. This isn't only in the Philippines or only with CP. I have used this tactic back in the US as well. Of course, if a company does try to cheat me, I won't do business with them again.

Your last sentence is very interesting especially : one of the problems in the philipines is that in many structural services a FEW companies rule (so oligopoly) :airlines , internet providers , telephone companies, electricity companies, etc etc .. many times you have ( almost) no choice and they probably form kartels and make price-agreements .

Headshot

Your last sentence is very interesting especially : one of the problems in the philipines is that in many structural services a FEW companies rule (so oligopoly) :airlines , internet providers , telephone companies, electricity companies, etc etc .. many times you have ( almost) no choice and they probably form kartels and make price-agreements .

While you are correct that there are only a few airlines serving domestic routes in the Philippines, there are still usually choices available. My wife and I don't fly CP anymore, and it isn't because of what you are writing about. It is because we both find their seats to be very uncomfortable and their in-flight games to be childish and distracting. I also don't like looking out the window and seeing duct tape on the wings (it just doesn't inspire confidence). My comment on making other choices really had more to do with the ocasions back in the US when companies tried to cheat me than anything in the Philippines. I haven't had this situation here. However, I would still react the same way if what happened to you happened to me, even if it meant choosing alternate forms of transportation (other than air).

Never had a problem with Cebu Pacific although I noticed that my bank doesnt allow me to pay them directly on their website... Thats kind of annoying so I actually have no choice to fly the more expensive airlines.. damnit

Cebu pacific flies

Absolutely true but you never knowhow enen,i had so much problems witheet them too and their costumer service sucks big time.

A few years ago they had big problems paying online with credit cards,i flew in and out from Hongkong and tried to change my ticket after the flight in got delayed by 6 hours .afraid for missing my connection to europe on THE return flight i end up paying at least 3 times as much and stood in lines for hours.

Now it is for us only PAL and believe me it,'s not so much more expensive,yesterday i bought 2 return tickets manila-cebu for 7700 peso,cebu pac. Cost more.

Only of There is no other choice i Will fly CP again

You have to be realistic, if you choose to fly Cebu Pacific, Zest or AirPhilExpress then don't expect anything more then a non-refundable, non-changable basic ticket (regardless of whether they are supposed to refund or not, CP almost NEVER refund). As has been advised earlier, you want service and better gaurantees of arriving, choose PAL (although with the industrial dispute, that may also be questionable).

If I fly into Manila, I accept that if my incoming is late, I lose my connection and pay extra for another flight. Occasionally if I'm booking well ahead I book several flights at 300 php or whatever and then use whichever one I decide to when the time comes. It still works out cheaper.

On other occasions, the 5000 php flexible business class fare with PAL is quite a good compromise, and good service on the short 747 or A330 CEB-MNL sector.

I have been left in crappy situations by CP before (waited 5 hours in HKG for a HKG-MNL without any information), but have just accepted I paid peanuts for the flight. Think the same if I choose to fly Ryanair or whatever in the UK.

• Like 2

Here is the formal policy... you may wish to refer to this to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future. Note: nonrefundable fares are pretty common at every airline, so it's quite a stretch to label those as "theft". You can complain about the change fees and the draconian restrictions on "promo" fares... those are business decisions they deserve to get beaten up over. If you want to complain I'd complain about DISCLOSURE on all of these issues.

The $700.00 CP ripped me off for was just that a rip off.I cancelled a flight for 4 from hong kong to manila 4 years ago,I cancelled 3 weeks early by email and by calling CP from the USA.The rules were this-1500P cancellation fee for each ticket=6000P that was fine with me.When I asked the girl for a cancellation number or some way to verify-I think all here will know her reply-Oh no sir we don't give cancellation number or send cancellation verification emails.Now I have lived in the Phil many years and there was not one drop of belief that I would receive a refund,even before I called to cancel I knew enough about the phil to know why bother.I called CP both in manila and cebu-phone costs from the states over $100.00 just to listen to twisted BS by a handful of professional twisters.Zest Airlines has been real good so far.We flew to manila from davao last year with a lot of excess baggage,the head guy came over to me to say-he did'nt charge for the excess and hope that helps us out-SALAMAT

Edited by Baywak