cebu pacific airline: its time everone lies! :)

I've flown CP a few times, my wife and Lola have flown it many times and and none of us had any issues. But like with any company that provides a service there will be times they will give bad service. If this were to be a pattern thats one thing but from his posts and everyones response it seems its his first.

You name " theft" bad service ??? In amost 200 civilized countries they call this a crime .

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harald2003

• Davaoeno

• Baywak

• Experienced

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right.   Ive flown many times on CP and only had problems once regarding the flight.   One time they were very slow refunding cancelled tickets. I was repaid very fast when I threatened to r

They can be pretty infuriating... it's true. But like some others have noted: they're a discount carrier and they cut every corner they can to trim the base fares to the bone (how about < 1 PHP?

You have to be realistic, if you choose to fly Cebu Pacific, Zest or AirPhilExpress then don't expect anything more then a non-refundable, non-changable basic ticket (regardless of whether they are su

Posted Images

Davaoeno

of course .. there ARe people that never had a problem sofar ...as there are many people that did not have a car accident :shitstormretarded:... but its a matter of CHANCE ,... did you ever try to cancel your flight and get your money back? or change your flight ??

obviously anyone expecting to do this lives in a state of delusion !!

miles-high

I'm guessing you're not a Brit?

In GB, someone doing a crap job is a "cowboy".

KonG

In an aviation jargon, “cowboys” are those pilots who tend to ignore the rules and regulations, often the rule of the physics as well…

:D

There are so many subsidiary issues on this topic but I don’t know if anyone bothered to read the “fine prints” of the contract of carriage written by Cebu Pacific Airlines, in fact, it was drafted by one of the most well-regarded (by the business circle) in the country… hope you could find some loophole in that… in any case, “theft” involves some tangible personal property in many jurisdiction so may not appropriate here… -_-

Regarding refund, I am still waiting my 2007 tax refund from the Government of Guam (it is a territory of the United States, as many of you know…) so are the majority of the Guam residents… I visit the Tax and Revenue office now and then and all they tell me is that it is being readied…

:sad_01:

I have flown more than 3 million revenue miles and probably much more non-revenue miles – I can tell which airlines I would not fly… but I would gladly fly with any airlines in this country anytime – there might be business/administrative/ticketing/in-flight services issues but none are safety-related…

Regarding the duct tape, it appears to be a very versatile “tool”, from criminal use (I am guessing from some movies) to very creative ways… if you can see it, the place would most likely not be the part of the structural components… so as long as it is a manufacturer (and the regulatory agency) approved first-aid, I don’t see anything you should be concerned about, although it may not look good…

:)

Many airlines flying to the Philippines (with the exception of US airlines) do not accept online use of AMEX… they do take AMEX at any ticketing office… too bad as it is the only credit card I have… I don’t know if the US is the only country which has a consumer protection law which limits your credit card liability to $50… Again, I would suggest you read fine prints… The debit cards do not have such a protection even in the US…

:shitstormretarded:

For “weight conscious” passengers, I would suggest they invest $10 or 15 for the pictured item… its very convenient even if you are sending packages via FedEx or DHL…

:angel:

Happy landings!

:wink:

10172011001.jpg

Davaoeno

You name " theft" bad service ??? In amost 200 civilized countries they call this a crime .

i dont think you and i are going to agree on the definition of the word "civilized" . [ of course if David is reading this i'm sure he can post 15 pages of Google on the subject !! lol sorry - just joking ! ]

• Like 1

Baywak;

Look at my post, I said any firm Filipino or not that provides a service you will good and bad but my point to the op is not just blast CP over 1 case. My family has been lucky but I also know that others, co-workers of my wife as well as yourself have had nothing but problems but they at least did not blast CP after the first time only.

I would like to see your comment again Cary , when they steal 700$ ( 29000P) from you, like they did , for instance at Baywak. Looking forward to your understanding reaction :shitstormretarded:

Davaoeno

In an aviation jargon, “cowboys” are those pilots who tend to ignore the rules and regulations, often the rule of the physics as well…

There are so many subsidiary issues on this topic but I don’t know if anyone bothered to read the “fine prints” of the contract of carriage written by Cebu Pacific Airlines, in fact, it was drafted by one of the most well-regarded (by the business circle) in the country… hope you could find some loophole in that… in any case, “theft” involves some tangible personal property in many jurisdiction so may not appropriate here… -_-

Regarding refund, I am still waiting my 2007 tax refund from the Government of Guam (it is a territory of the United States, as many of you know…) so are the majority of the Guam residents… I visit the Tax and Revenue office now and then and all they tell me is that it is being readied…

:sad_01:

I have flown more than 3 million revenue miles and probably much more non-revenue miles – I can tell which airlines I would not fly… but I would gladly fly with any airlines in this country anytime – there might be business/administrative/ticketing/in-flight services issues but none are safety-related…

Regarding the duct tape, it appears to be a very versatile “tool”, from criminal use (I am guessing from some movies) to very creative ways… if you can see it, the place would most likely not be the part of the structural components… so as long as it is a manufacturer (and the regulatory agency) approved first-aid, I don’t see anything you should be concerned about, although it may not look good…

:)

Many airlines flying to the Philippines (with the exception of US airlines) do not accept online use of AMEX… they do take AMEX at any ticketing office… too bad as it is the only credit card I have… I don’t know if the US is the only country which has a consumer protection law which limits your credit card liability to $50… Again, I would suggest you read fine prints… The debit cards do not have such a protection even in the US…

:shitstormretarded:

For “weight conscious” passengers, I would suggest they invest $10 or 15 for the pictured item… its very convenient even if you are sending packages via FedEx or DHL…

:angel:

Happy landings!

:wink:

also, one must appreciate that there is "duct tape" - and their is " duct tape" . I am too lazy to research the question, but just from personal experience i can attest to the fact that there are many kinds of duct tape- some very very good [ ie 3M duct tape] and some that are just duct tape in name only ie almost grey scotch tape !!

Before i fly with CP i always make it a practise to examine the wings and make sure that they have used superior duct tape [ hopefully 3m duct tape ].

I'm confused. CP accepts AMEX as payment. With AMEX, you can dispute the bill when when you get your statement, if the service wasn't provided. Then the vendor has to prove that they did, indeed, provide the service...which in these cases, they wouldn't be able to do. I think most credit cards allow you to dispute a bill, which I have done on a few ocasions. If a company has shown they can't be trusted to follow through on reversing a charge, then take other actions, like having your credit card company do the dirty work for you.

yes , you are right at that. Indeed Mastercard my creditcard can and will do that but would any serious decent company let it come to that ????? They are supposed to be an AIRLINe and then you might expect a serios decent company as 95% of the airlines are and not a postorder company or something

obviously anyone expecting to do this lives in a state of delusion !!

try to change your flight is being in a state of delusion ??? From what planet you are ? :D

Buying your tickets twice is a joy I have also had with CPA. Another time I had to fight for my front row seat with another chap who also booked my seat in an upgrade too. Aside form this I have had a great number for disappointments on CPA but have also have had just as large dissapointments on Jetstar and Airphils Express.

Budget airlines are just that. You take your chances. If you don’t like CPA then don’t use them

Excuse me : that budget airlines " are like that " is nonsense . Indeed you can expect a simple transport and no " extras" .. but you do not need to expect "THEFT " a you can read here on my posting and lots of reactions . Moreover I flew dozens of times budget airlines in Europe and this is simply out of the questioning there .

USMC-Retired

One bad experience can sour any apple. Yet you get what you get with such a cheap airlines. They do not just skimp on baggage but on Customer Support. One thing I take from this buy with a credit card. Thus if service is not rendered I have an option other then Cebu pacific to get my money back.

Davaoeno

try to change your flight is being in a state of delusion ??? From what planet you are ? :D

The planet Reality !!! lol Welcome to the Philippines !

Why isnt the OP (btw welcome) griping about his Intl flight that was cancelled? And why is "Cowboy" being used as a deragatory term???? If there were more cowboys in cebu, the place would be a better town IMHO. YGWYPF.

I mentionneed my canceled flight from europe to make understandable why i had to change /cancel my CPA flight the same day .Just explaining . " cowboys" : no any bad meaning about that honourable guys .. how much i still enjoy their movies and history .

In business on the other hand the word " cowboy' means : have an easy-going style...not very precise .. ... Be sure : not my invention and not meaning to be offensive :D

Experienced

Is it "annoying" that you cannot change your filght ? That you dont get money back when you have the right to ?? In my country we call this " theft " my friend :D. I flew dozens of times budget airlines in europe but this is impossible in Europe even with eastern-european airlines like WIZZ-air .

Here is the formal policy... you may wish to refer to this to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future. Note: nonrefundable fares are pretty common at every airline, so it's quite a stretch to label those as "theft". You can complain about the change fees and the draconian restrictions on "promo" fares... those are business decisions they deserve to get beaten up over. If you want to complain I'd complain about DISCLOSURE on all of these issues.

The planet Reality !!! lol Welcome to the Philippines !

Thanks for welcoming ... a bit late because live here for 2 years already . but I agree with you : The philipines many times look another planet .. although they say its the same sun here as it is in europe :D

Here is the formal policy... you may wish to refer to this to avoid unpleasant surprises in the future. Note: nonrefundable fares are pretty common at every airline, so it's quite a stretch to label those as "theft". You can complain about the change fees and the draconian restrictions on "promo" fares... those are business decisions they deserve to get beaten up over. If you want to complain I'd complain about DISCLOSURE on all of these issues.

I can refer to #41.... you are a great representative of the planet philipines. You think i live under a stone and did not know about non-refundable fares ?? :D. You call this " Business" what all happens to the people who are reacting here ? : no working websites , ripp off valuta rates , distrastrous checking-inn, no answering on decent mails , etc etc etc .. My Philipine friends here call this " monkey-business" . :)