cebu pacific airline: its time everone lies! :)

yes , i paraphrazed their slogan ( its time everyone flies) because they deserve it and let me tell you why .

I fly a lot and dont know how to discourage ANYONE in fact to take this airline if you could name it that way . Unfortunately the only positive thing i can say ( let me start with that :ROFLMAO: is that most of the time: they fly ..!! :P . sofar the positive news .. and as far as I know never one crashed . So if thats enough for you ...: try your luck :)

For the rest : they are cowboys ... I could leave it to that .. but let me explain : I was at Bangkok airport one time about one year ago, had my printed confirmed and booked ticket at hand but they said to me : your credit card payment did not arrive so you have to buy a new ticket for tomorrow. After a lot of discussion because i was flabbergasted of course. One of the ladies of CPA told me in private : "I understand you sir . Actually i never fly with CPA .. its terrible ". But what can you do ?? just buy a new one .In fact we are talking about THEFT.

This was all one year ago . After this happening i send several decent emails to the " contact "form at their site : still have to get an answer ( one year later).the only thing that works at their site is the online payment.

Now my recent experience : one week ago I flew from Europe to Manila, but that flight was cancelled the day before so i missed my connective flight from Manila to Dumaguete. ( yes , had again made a booking at CPA) ..The same day my flight from europe was cancelled, I tried of course to change the flight manila - dumaguete on their " manage booking " link at their site : Does it surprise you it did not work ??? :) whatever i tried and at whatever time : no function ..seems to be a phoney link. I wrote of course a letter to their " contact " link again ...now its 2 weeks later: no answer . So instead of changing my flight I could buy a new one: how a cheap cowboy-line can turn-out to be expensive, because i pay double again ..

The day I arrived at Manila there came the other usual surprise : the disaster of their checking-in : although their are more yellow shirts as at ANY airline at the check-in counter they have an absolute world-record in waiting .. and chaotic handling. The check-in counter more looks like a chaos-restaurant where one staff member does not know what the other is doing... count on 7/10 minutes for each passenger to check in : I have checked it at my watch .. so .. if 10 people are in front of you: prepare for on more then one hour ..so indeed you are risking to miss your plane ..but they have a " solution" :) for that : planes that go very soon and because of the restaurant-handling :.. there is one of the many ladies holding a shield and walking around yelling that passengers for that flight can go first . Otherwise several planes would go without a number of passengers . I know its hard to believe but you can simply check it at terminal 3 second floor at Manila airport ..

So dear readers .. : it is the way it is ... cant make it more beautiful.

The cowboy-airline is so lucky they have no real competition in the Philipines ( except the more expensive Philipine Airlines i guess) and apparently Philipine people dont like to complain or think this is normal :).

And last but not least : maybe the most alarming fact is that on just have to google the words " complaints" and " cebu " and its all about Cebu Pacific Airline instead of about the city .Actually i was little surprised that the cebu airline topics here were all closed (!) ............? ...do you think what i think ???

Dont say its because its a third world country because they have the same aircrafts and the same equipment ( computers etc etc) as all airlines have .

Its just the "human factor",( guess poorly educated) no competition and a small bunch of cowboys filling their pockets instead of realy organizing this company .

anyway i liked to share my experiences here and should add to that thats its a shame for a nice city as Cebu is . A city that wants to promote tourism but is handicapped with this airline and apparently not able ( willing ?) to correct them.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• harald2003

• Davaoeno

• Baywak

• Experienced

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Quite right.   Ive flown many times on CP and only had problems once regarding the flight.   One time they were very slow refunding cancelled tickets. I was repaid very fast when I threatened to r

They can be pretty infuriating... it's true. But like some others have noted: they're a discount carrier and they cut every corner they can to trim the base fares to the bone (how about < 1 PHP?

You have to be realistic, if you choose to fly Cebu Pacific, Zest or AirPhilExpress then don't expect anything more then a non-refundable, non-changable basic ticket (regardless of whether they are su

Posted Images

I'm just curious here. How many times have you flown CPA?

Oh, and how much experience do you have in the Philippines?

I promise, I won't mention a word about it being a third world country.

Edited by Admin
USMC-Retired

You are flying a budget airlines that is still relatively new airlines. As you said they can fly the more expensive PAL. So why do you not fly them. Most people that live and travel frequently to this part of the world know what they get with Cebu Pacific. Cheap rates and undependable service. Yet you will get there sometime around your arrival time.

Edited by Norseman
:ROFLMAO: to the forum............ I have never had a problem with them, but if i have connecting flights i always use PAL. Edited by katacove
hookedtothenet

You are flying a budget airlines that is still relatively new airlines. As you said they can fly the more expensive PAL. So why do you not fly them. Most people that live and travel frequently to this part of the world know what they get with Cebu Pacific. Cheap rates and undependable service. Yet you will get there sometime around your arrival time.

I agree with Norseman on this, they are a budget airline, you get the same type of service with budget airlines in europe also.

I pay budget and that's what I expect, if I get better then I am happily surprised.

My own experiences are mostly positive, although their inflexibility in changing things and the time it takes to get a refund(Filipino time) is annoying, but again I accept it now when I decide to make a booking.

It's been over 4 years that we are waiting for a refund from cebu pacific.Flight from hong kong to manila,we properly cancelled the flight weeks before schedule.$700.00. Calling CP from the US is like calling a nuthouse.The woman in the OP that said she understands,CP is terrible-Thats Part of the act-oh sir I know they are terrible-just buy a new ticket so we can rip you off again.

I've flown CP a few times, my wife and Lola have flown it many times and and none of us had any issues. But like with any company that provides a service there will be times they will give bad service. If this were to be a pattern thats one thing but from his posts and everyones response it seems its his first.

I've flown CP a few times, my wife and Lola have flown it many times and and none of us had any issues. But like with any company that provides a service there will be times they will give bad service. If this were to be a pattern thats one thing but from his posts and everyones response it seems its his first.

Check the feedback online for CP by filippinos,the list is endless.When they wrong you they really have no intention to correct the wrong.

Baywak;

Look at my post, I said any firm Filipino or not that provides a service you will good and bad but my point to the op is not just blast CP over 1 case. My family has been lucky but I also know that others, co-workers of my wife as well as yourself have had nothing but problems but they at least did not blast CP after the first time only.

Check the feedback online for CP by filippinos,the list is endless.When they wrong you they really have no intention to correct the wrong.

Baywak;

Look at my post, I said any firm Filipino or not that provides a service you will good and bad but my point to the op is not just blast CP over 1 case. My family has been lucky but I also know that others, co-workers of my wife as well as yourself have had nothing but problems but they at least did not blast CP after the first time only.

Cary-Cebu pacific flys but it is a scamming outfit.I have flown them many times,even ignored the duct tape on the wings.I have had more then one situation with them-better to just make a donation then to waste time looking for an honest remedy.Honest is not part of the plan there under many types of situations.4 years ago i came across endless negative feedback online by mostly filippinos.

Experienced

Dont say its because its a third world country because they have the same aircrafts and the same equipment ( computers etc etc) as all airlines have .

They can be pretty infuriating... it's true. But like some others have noted: they're a discount carrier and they cut every corner they can to trim the base fares to the bone (how about < 1 PHP? Or even Free!)

I've flown them dozens of times in the past 2 years, including this morning (DGT-CEB), and have never had any serious delays, safety issues, etc.

What WILL annoy you (guaranteed) are two things:

(1) the baggage limits - think LONG and HARD before you save your money at booking time by skipping the checked baggage fee. It's almost always worth it to book 20kg of extra weight unless you are CERTAIN to not need it. You'll pay around 15 PHP per kg domestic if you prebook, but it goes up to 150 PHP per kg if you have to pay at the airport. They've got you by the short and curlies then and they KNOW it. Expect no mercy. You WILL receive none. Also you get 7.5 kg of carry on (not counting laptops) so they can nail you there too. Some routes are more flexible then others and you can get away with more. I've rarely been checked closely on MNL-CEB and Hong Kong or Taipei have both been OK, but beware SHANGHAI... those guys are merciless. The policeman guards at the security entrance will weigh your carry-ons and send you back (this has happened to me twice). You can sometimes game the system by loading up the backpack (and your cargo pants) with small, heavy stuff to get your checked luggage in under the limit. Just don't try this at PVG. For me, it's a game, so I do... only got hurt bad once... my last trip from Shanghai was $49 and I was over by I think 11 kg and they wanted to charge me over $100 for the weight, so I abandoned some things, mostly food items, and made it onto the plane with only $35 overage. Yeah, I'm cheap.

(2) Change fees/restrictions... if you book the PROMO FARES (and if you're not, you might as well be flying PAL, just realize they're no picnic either... and I'm elite level in MM)... know that you WILL NOT be able to change them. So get them cheap and plan to abandon them if your plans change. We're taiking almost 2000 PHP (on a fare that's rarely more than half that, for domestic) to change the date or the traveller. And if your promo was any kind of discount at all, you CANNOT change the routing (even reverse the direction). If you want to pay the change fee, you need to REBOOK for a specific date (and if THAT date changes pay the fee again the next time) more than 24 hours before your flight departs. Also, you only get 90 days to re-use fees deposited in a travel fund when you're not on the promo fares, so that's no bargain either. All of this is truly annoying and my only MAJOR complaint with this airline. I've had to abandon a few fares along the way, and it has kept me from trying to book everything on CEB.

If you keep these caveats in mind and watch your step if there's any uncertainty in your plans this can still be a great airline. Their service in the air is top notch and I haven't had any problems on the ground either (any more than other airlines). You just have to understand their rules and fly somewhere else if you can't live with those restrictions (most of the other RP carriers will have similar). If you have an international connection it's best to allow an extra day to stopover and see a new city along the way. Very few airlines will honor your ticket if you missed your connection due to delays on some OTHER airline!

I must say I'm flying Zest Air more these days, not just because they're cheaper (usually a bit) than CEB or APE, but because the old Domestic Terminal is such a joy to fly from compared to T3 at NAIA. Very easy in and out. Their schedules are pretty elastic (more often than not they've moved the departures UP, so it hasn't been a problem for us), but the service has always been pretty good. Air Phil Express has been fine too, FWIW, and we've even had good luck with SEAir. If you really care about convenience, though, just open your wallet and book PAL for the whole itinerary. Just expect to pay 200-300% of your discount fare by the time you're done.

• Like 2
Experienced

Cary-Cebu pacific flys but it is a scamming outfit.I have flown them many times,even ignored the duct tape on the wings.I have had more then one situation with them-better to just make a donation then to waste time looking for an honest remedy.Honest is not part of the plan there under many types of situations.4 years ago i came across endless negative feedback online by mostly filippinos.

Calling them a "scamming outfit" isn't really fair... they have some fairly restrictive policies that they don't disclose very aggressively (see my previous post) but that doesn't make them scammers. There are sound business reasons behind most of those... I'm not opposed to the existence of those fees... I just think their disincentive pricing is too severe. If you look at ANY airline (and I do mean ANY) you will find similar levels of negative CS feedback. Air Asia is the most popular/successful discount airline in the world (outside the US)... just go look at theirs sometime. Visit their Facebook page around the time of a major sale and observe the weeping and gnashing of teeth over their IT shortcomings... it's almost as amusing as trying to actually book a ticket on their overloaded servers!

Headshot

I'm confused. CP accepts AMEX as payment. With AMEX, you can dispute the bill when when you get your statement, if the service wasn't provided. Then the vendor has to prove that they did, indeed, provide the service...which in these cases, they wouldn't be able to do. I think most credit cards allow you to dispute a bill, which I have done on a few ocasions. If a company has shown they can't be trusted to follow through on reversing a charge, then take other actions, like having your credit card company do the dirty work for you.

• Like 1

Calling them a "scamming outfit" isn't really fair... they have some fairly restrictive policies that they don't disclose very aggressively (see my previous post) but that doesn't make them scammers. There are sound business reasons behind most of those... I'm not opposed to the existence of those fees... I just think their disincentive pricing is too severe. If you look at ANY airline (and I do mean ANY) you will find similar levels of negative CS feedback. Air Asia is the most popular/successful discount airline in the world (outside the US)... just go look at theirs sometime. Visit their Facebook page around the time of a major sale and observe the weeping and gnashing of teeth over their IT shortcomings... it's almost as amusing as trying to actually book a ticket on their overloaded servers!

When I said scamming outfit-I meant scamming outfit.When you talk to a dozen of the employees CALLING from the USA about why you have not received your $700. refund and you listen to the crap they try to fed to you-you will be saying scamming outfit.I TOO FLY ZEST NOW,100% IMPROVEMENT OVER CP.

Edited by Baywak
  • Like 1
Experienced

I'm confused. CP accepts AMEX as payment. With AMEX, you can dispute the bill when when you get your statement, if the service wasn't provided. Then the vendor has to prove that they did, indeed, provide the service...which in these cases, they wouldn't be able to do. I think most credit cards allow you to dispute a bill, which I have done on a few ocasions. If a company has shown they can't be trusted to follow through on reversing a charge, then take other actions, like having your credit card company do the dirty work for you.

There are all kinds of issues with credit card processing online outside the US... some cards always work, most don't. Getting the transaction actually approved doesn't always happen when the web site thinks it does. I had a sister in law show up at the airport in MNL only to be told by Air Phil Express that my payment didn't post (flight booked two weeks earlier)... I never got any kind of communication for them, so you could ding them for that, but at least they didn't jack up the fare for a same day flight and the price she got was actually lower than what I paid. My credit card confirmed that it was never charged so we were OK with that. Moral of the story is: be paranoid and double (triple?) confirm if you have any doubts on international flights. And I'd agree that if a payment WAS made you could at least get your money back.