Sign in to follow this  
TheMatrix

Wedding Dress recommendations...

Cipro

I noticed that www.lightinthebox.com sells wedding dresses ......

• Like 1

Elsa

In choosing wedding dress I considered 2 factors: Price and Style. Each are different, But in my case I have a simple taste where I see the beauty in simplicity. Since one of my job is to look after the needs of the bride I got a wide selection of a Bridal Boutique, Some are stunning and pricy ( depends of the location and the popularity of their name) Some are stunning and price is right , Some are stunning and find it very good value for money.

I will attach below of the place that I will use until I get married again with the same man.

Elsa

The brain behind- cebuexpatservices.com

ellenbrook2001

hmmm why spend so much money on a weeding just too show all your friends or relatives how was that special wedding mmm better used the money for more important thinks in life unless you loaded with million i did see some artist wedding here what a festival hmm while 80% of the population leave on the poverty line very weird.

TheMatrix

hmmm why spend so much money on a weeding just too show all your friends or relatives how was that special wedding mmm better used the money for more important thinks in life unless you loaded with million i did see some artist wedding here what a festival hmm while 80% of the population leave on the poverty line very weird.

hmm.... so you're suggesting to not have a wedding ceremony for the most important person in my life (her first wedding by the way), because 80% of the population lives in poverty? :ROFLMAO:

• Like 1

crj

Congratulations Steve, I wish you and your wife to be all the happiness in the world. She is a beautiful woman and I am sure you will be very happy together. Make her day a very special day that she will remember for the rest of your life as I am sure you will be together when you are old and she will remind you of how good that special day was for her. They never forget. My grandma reminded my grandpa for 67 years until the end. Good thing he gave her the best day he could. hahahahaahah

Have a great day!

Ray

• Like 1

Cary

Ellen;

I disagree. I understand your point but generally you are talking about a 1 time event that your family and friends. Her family and friends get together and see her more so, but both you exchanging vows. To me thats priceless. Again you make a practical point but in this case I disagree with it.

• Like 1

broden

to each their own

now while my wife and i both agree it does not make any sense for a couple to go in to debt for a wedding, though many do choose to go in to very very serious debt and that is their choice and i'm not saying that is happening here, we did spend money we had to have the wedding we wanted to have, which is what i believe is happening here not that that matters

life is all about making memories

when given the chance we all decide how to make our own

• Like 2

TheMatrix

I noticed that www.lightinthebox.com sells wedding dresses ......

Thanks for the head-up about LightintheBox.com. I have perused the site and there selection it is quite impressive... I'm in awe! Tell me, do you have personal experience in buying from them and shipping to the Philippines? I have ordered items from China previously and shipping took forever and was expensive. Any problems with customs and/or duties? Do you think it is safe to order our wedding dress from them? They have a huge selection of wedding dresses, 546 to be exact, prices are excellent and they will custom tailor it. Seems like a no-brainer, but wanted to check if anyone has experience with this online China retailer first.

shadow

Have one made for a fraction of that. Find a picture of what you want, a good seamstress can make a good likeness of it for MUCH less than what you can rent one for.

Larry in Dumaguete

Cipro

Thanks for the head-up about LightintheBox.com. I have perused the site and there selection it is quite impressive... I'm in awe! Tell me, do you have personal experience in buying from them and shipping to the Philippines? I have ordered items from China previously and shipping took forever and was expensive. Any problems with customs and/or duties? Do you think it is safe to order our wedding dress from them? They have a huge selection of wedding dresses, 546 to be exact, prices are excellent and they will custom tailor it. Seems like a no-brainer, but wanted to check if anyone has experience with this online China retailer first.

I have ordered several items from them, exclusively electronics, and had zero issues, however that was when I lived in California. As for their selection, I was just confused that they had gadgets and wedding dresses (a lot I guess) intermingled on one site but I guess whatever moves their furniture.

Ozepete

Just another angle Steve, (you may have already considered)...

Wedding dresses and stuff is usually 'secret woman's business'.

Your bride to be and her girly friends would most likely want be very much involved and probably know of more / better places than us geezers on LinC!!

They get a lot of joy and 'bonding' in working through issues like wedding gowns etc., but don't worry, they are sure to need your involvement, at the cash register!!! :biggrin_01:

Good luck and congratulations to you both.

Cheers..