Sign in to follow this  
Nangulo

Anybody Ever Use Fedex Or Ups

Nangulo

Wanting to send documents faster than snail mail with some sort of assurance that they will get there. I know there is a FedEx office in the Gaisano South Mall in Tabunok, but it doesn't show up as an option on the FedEx website, only a place in Lapu-Lapu. UPS shows an office in Mandaue. Anybody has any experience with FedEx, UPS or DHL? Other suggested options?

AlbinoPrincess

I have not shipped anything personally, but while I was living in Cebu my parents sent me a couple of boxes. The first time they used Fed Ex and the other time they used DHL. (I was green to the core when it came to shipping things and didn't know about balikbayan boxes yet. ;) ) Both times the boxes arived in a timely manner with everything still in them. I didn't have to pick them up anywhere. The boxes were delivered to the home of the missionaries who were over me.

ckfm
Wanting to send documents faster than snail mail with some sort of assurance that they will get there. I know there is a FedEx office in the Gaisano South Mall in Tabunok, but it doesn't show up as an option on the FedEx website, only a place in Lapu-Lapu. UPS shows an office in Mandaue. Anybody has any experience with FedEx, UPS or DHL? Other suggested options?

I shipped many times documents by fedex to Europe and Canada. You can go to "mail and more". They are both in SM and ayala mall.

They are very fast, reliable and a lot cheaper than from Canada or Europe to here.

tom_shor

I have used DHL several times to various locations in the Philippines. Never had any problems.

Paul

I have used FedEx many times in the Philippines. That is, shipping documents from the Philippines to the US.

I have also used LBC to ship some documents, in the past. They are considerably cheaper than FedEX, but seem to be just as reliable. I shipped through LBC because there wasn't an available FedEx office (shipper) near where I was, at that time.

Either way, you can rely on FedEx to get your documents there and back, safely and reliably.

CaptainJackson
Anybody has any experience with FedEx, UPS or DHL?

I shipped a large box to a private address in Tabunok, Talisay via Fed-X.

The box was delivered to the home, the driver waited until the recipient opened the box and examined all the contents for breakage, and then left after all was inspected.

The cost for Fed-X was about twice what UPS was at the time, but the results were great.

Don.

Have only used DHL to have medical supplies delivered from

a company in the states to my home in Cebu.

The customs fee (about P2000) , was about 40% of the declared value of the supplies.

Delivery person had the customs form with him, and collected the customs fee

when he delivered the package.

Not sure if that is the way it is supposed to work, but could not receive the package

until I paid the customs fee.

From the states, the delivery time was only a few days, and the package arrived

without any obvious damage or tampering.

Paul

Yep. That is how it is supposed to work, Don.

Also, the FedEx guys are supposed to do exactly what Emery stated. Every time I have ever received a package where customs duty was due, they would wait until I opened and inspected the package, prior to leaving.

Don.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the confirmation. It is sometimes tough to know if you are being

scammed or not.

Glad to hear that things went correctly for me.

Don

Mike S

Hummmmmm .... let me get this straight ..... i order something from the US .... say a hd for 100 dollars ...... they are going to charge me 20 dollars to ship it ups and then 40 dollars for claimed value when i get it???????? my god ..... surely i can get a hd in the phils for less than 160 dollars ......

Bob Ward
Hummmmmm .... let me get this straight ..... i order something from the US .... say a hd for 100 dollars ...... they are going to charge me 20 dollars to ship it ups and then 40 dollars for claimed value when i get it???????? my god ..... surely i can get a hd in the phils for less than 160 dollars ......

If you ship that HD UPS or Fedex the shipping will likely be more like $80-100. It's just not feasable to buy stuff in the US and ship it here for the most part! Unless you do a larger Balikbayan box by ground/ship or the good old USPS regular mail at 30-60 days.

tom_shor

Depends on what you ship. But if there is a duty on the item then yes. ;)

indiana

i use fedex very pleased, u.s.p.s never got there 2 times tryed gave up ..the u.s.p.s. does not track it once it leaves u.s.a. i also use balikbayan box in almost 20 years never lost one box.

Nangulo

Thanks to all who've replied. Good information. Here's my experience.

I checked UPS, FedEx and DHL out on their respective internet sites. They were all pretty competitive: $51 USD UPS and FedEx, $48 USD DHL. They all offered residential delivery to Talisay City.

What I didn't know was that the quoted price was for drop-off at a hub. No such luck where I live. Add $30.

The remote site in my area that offered UPS also offered USPS for $20 w/estimated deliver in 3-5 days, but no guarantees on delays through customs.

I opted for the remote DHL site. One shipping envelope (9 x 11") weighing .5 lb. cost $78.80 USD. Customs duties are paid by the recipient when the package is opened in front of the delivery person.

I shipped 12 November and the tracking software indicated it was on island, delivery arranged at 1115 on 16 November, local time.