Schools In Cebu

I am new to this forum. I am looking for a school in Cebu City (or close by) for my 14 year daughter. Any suggestions?

Harry Watkins

smokey
I am new to this forum. I am looking for a school in Cebu City (or close by) for my 14 year daughter. Any suggestions?

Harry Watkins

i sent my 2 to((((( CIE )))))its half the price of the other international school but has the same stuff just not as fancy building my son went there 3 years and daughter just left .... its close to country mall and not far from Ayala... i think it was a great school..

• 2 months later...

My suggestions for good schools:

PAREF Southcrest School

- Beside Ma. Luisa Estates

- my kids go there. LOL

Royal Oaks International School (Near Gaisano Mandaue)

- very open to international students

- they have a branch in Dumaguete City

Robert,

I sure wish I had known about CIE before I enrolled our 4 kids in CIS.

There are a never ending lst of fees and extras coming at ou all through the school year on top of the "basic" tuition/building fund etc etc.... Now - to put the icing on the cake, they have billed all parents in Pesos seeing as the dollar has tanked over the last year. Of curse, if it was the other way do you think we would be getting a rebate?

Bloody rip off. Glad we are out of it all this summer.

John

• 1 month later...
familyof9

Just wondering if anyone has the website for any of the schools listed in this post.

And is the tuition at CIS listed on their website in US$ or in Pesos.

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has the website for any of the schools listed in this post.

And is the tuition at CIS listed on their website in US$ or in Pesos.

Thanks

The prices on the CIS website are in US Dollars.

CIS Website

http://www.cis.edu.ph/main.htm

CIE Website

http://www.cie.edu/

familyof9

Thanks for the info... Looks like homeschooling for the kiddies.

No different than now. Just wanted them to get more exposure to the cultures available at an international school.

Thanks,

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Look at the PAREF Schools - Southcrest for girls and Springdale for boys. Not too expensive and they have a pretty good philosophy.

smokey
If I was living in Cebu with kids, I would most likely send them to Cebu International School.

It is expensive for some people though at around $6,000/year.

nice school but if your talking 2 or 3 kids you need a whole new pension to pay for the school and FEESSSSS lots of them.. so the cost is closer to 8,000 per year per child.. now cie is not as fancy campus and not as social but the cost is about 4000 a year per child and if you have a few to send... the savings is a welcome site...

CIE is a good school but still quiet expensive. There are lots of hidden fees and your kids will be "forced" to get tutors and other extra enrichment activities to be good in their school. My wife used to teach there and I am a bot impressed with their pace of work. If you have the money, you let her go there. Her classmates will be foreigners and kids of rich people in Cebu. You should also chose a school based on the proximity from your house. CIS or CIE is not advisable if you live in Talisay for example.

• 1 month later...
Harryw45
CIE is a good school but still quiet expensive. There are lots of hidden fees and your kids will be "forced" to get tutors and other extra enrichment activities to be good in their school. My wife used to teach there and I am a bot impressed with their pace of work. If you have the money, you let her go there. Her classmates will be foreigners and kids of rich people in Cebu. You should also chose a school based on the proximity from your house. CIS or CIE is not advisable if you live in Talisay for example.

Can you help me with advice on how to get my daughters transcripts and birth certificate certified by the Philippine Embassy so that we can a[ply to CIE? Any help would be appreciated.

When we asked the Embassy to certify the transcripts and Birth certificate they said that they must first be authenticated by the Maryland Department of State the Maryland Department of State said that they do not Authenticate Transcripts and Birth certificates. What am I doing wrong?

Bob Ward

You are just confusing the chaos and expected forgery that occurs here with some sense of normalcy there. EVERYTHING has to be double and tripple authenticated here. Many times even if you have authentic certifired docs here, they will not accept them unless you have the reciept where you paid for the certification or document, and you have to pay to get anything here for sure.

Certified transcripts are not that hard to obtain there. But the DOS does not do it. The issuing school does. Welcome to the run around that is the Phils, you might as well get used to it now.

Edited by Bob Ward
smokey

Can you help me with advice on how to get my daughters transcripts and birth certificate certified by the Philippine Embassy so that we can a[ply to CIE? Any help would be appreciated.

When we asked the Embassy to certify the transcripts and Birth certificate they said that they must first be authenticated by the Maryland Department of State the Maryland Department of State said that they do not Authenticate Transcripts and Birth certificates. What am I doing wrong?

Just take the papers you have to the school... we faced the same problem with transcripts. my son started school as a 2nd year high school and we finally got the paperwork done when he was in 4 th year... Let the school help YOU and dont forget you paid for the help... also they the school will get your student visa and you will pay the 12,000Peso fee per year per student but YOU still have to pay for their extensions... only difference is with a student visa the child does not have to leave the country once a year...

Edited by robert51

definitely CIE has experience in dealing with cases like yours because they have been catering foreign students for quite sometime. Just bring what you have and let the school facilitate the paperworks (since its all about revenues). :unsure: