Sign in to follow this  
David_LivinginTalisay

CDR King - Branches in Cebu

David_LivinginTalisay

logo.jpg

Where are the Branches of CDR King in CEBU?

http://www.cdrking.c...sayas&city=Cebu

79_1.jpg

Ayala Center Cebu

Store Hours :

10:00 AM - 9:00 PM (Mon - Sun)

(032)231-7454

Now Open

82_1.jpg

Elizabeth Mall Cebu

3rd Flr Elizabeth Mall cor N. Bacalso Leon Kilat St. Cebu City, Cebu

Store Hours :

9:00 AM - 8:00 PM ( Mon - Sun)

(032)417-7331

Now Open

158_1.jpg

Gaisano Fiesta Mall Cebu

2nd flr, Gaisano Fiesta Mall,Hi-way, Tabunok, Talisay City, Cebu

Store Hours :

9:00 AM - 8:00 PM ( Mon - Sun)

(032)273-3556

Now Open

Gaisano Grand Mall Mandaue

P.Burgos St., Alang Alang, Mandaue City, Cebu

Store Hours :

SOON TO OPEN

Soon to Open

100_1.jpg

Gaisano Grand Mall of Mactan

Unit (SF-CI) 2nd Flr.., Gaisano Grand Mall of Mactan, Cor, Basak-agus Road, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu

Store Hours :

10:00 AM - 9:00 PM ( Mon - Fri )

9:30 AM - 9:00 PM ( Sat - Sun )

(032)268-3054

Now Open

184_1.jpg

Gaisano Grand Mall of Minglanilla

2nd/flr. GAISANO MINGLANILLA,Poblacio Minglanilla, Cebu

Store Hours :

9:00 AM - 8:00 PM (Mon-Sun)

( 032 ) 238-3403

Now Open

99_1.jpg

Gaisano Island Mall Cebu

G/F Gaisano Island Mall, M.L Quezon National Highway, Pajo, Lapu-Lapu City, Cebu

Store Hours :

9:30 AM - 8:00 PM ( Mon - Fri)

9:30 AM - 8:30 PM (Sat - Sun)

(032)268-6481

Now Open

J Mall Mandaue

Luna St. La Paz Iloilo City

Store Hours :

SOON TO OPEN

Soon to Open

105_1.jpg

Park Mall Cebu

Stall #212-213 2nd Flr. Cebu Parkmall, Ouano Ave.,North Reclamation Area, Mandaue City

Store Hours :

(032)236-8539

Now Open

159_1.jpg

Robinsons Cybergate Cebu

Space 2-00206 Robinsons Cybergate Cebu, Don Gil Garcia st,. Cebu City

Store Hours :

(032)268-2509

Now Open

109_1.jpg

Robinsons Place Cebu

Unit 1-00012 Robinsons Place Cebu, Fuente Osmeña, Cebu City

Store Hours :

10:00 AM - 8:00 PM (Mon - Sun)

(032)238-0405

Now Open

119_1.jpg

SM City Cebu

2nd Flr. SM City Cebu, C276A North Reclamation area, Mabolo, Cebu City.

Store Hours :

(032)232-5559

Now Open

134_1.jpg

The Walk I.T. Park (NO LINES)

Stall A206 THE WALK, Cebu Business Park, Cebu City

Store Hours :

11:00 AM - 11:00 PM (Mon - Thurs)

11:00 AM - 12:00 MN (Fri - Sun)

(032)505-7173

Now Open

How to determine if CDR King have a particular Product in Stock and @ What Branch?

Fairly easy If you have Yahoo Messenger installed and visit the CDR King Home page

Look down the right hand side of that HOME page

osi.png

Click on an 'Active' On-line Chat icon -> post-198-0-31888600-1317890487_thumb.gif

Start typing your Stock Inquiry!

Example:-

David Whittall:

SBC-10

2000mAh Solar Charger

Php 580.00

Any Branch in CEBU Stocking this Product please?

dvm_cdrk:

gd pm. will check po.

dvm_cdrk:

PLS CALL the branch b4 visit.

SOLAR CHARGER 2000MAH SBC-10: as of oct 3,

ayala--4pcs;

sm cebu--4pcs;

park mall--1pc;

cybergatre--1pc

David Whittall:

What about alternative product:-

EF-0019AD

2600mAh Solar Charger

Php 450.00

dvm_cdrk:

SOLAR CHARGER W/ 3 LED TORCH LIGHT EF-0019AD:

as of oct 3,

ONLY emall--1pc

David Whittall:

Tks v. much, Bye

One E-Com Drive Thru

Anyone tried this - does it work like it is supposed to? -

Since nobody answers the PHONE, when you call to confirm they still have Stock, I doubt it?

I actually want to look at the Product myself before buying

Would sure beat Queing in Branch, waiting to be served, then waiting whileTesting, if you know exactly what product you want to buy (and they answered the Phone, and would they actual bring it out to you at an appointed time - Drive Thru Order?:-

Detailed Procedure

1. Customer call-in to place order at least 1-hr before
  2. Warranty information & price information will be given on the phone prior to hanging up the phone
  3. Staffs of the said branch will prepare the products; which includes testing them and invoicing them in advanced
  4. The assigned ORDER NUMBER would be the SALES INVOICE NUMBER
  5. The name of the one who tested the product(s) will be indicated at the back of the invoice with a TESTED BY
  6. Customer will be informed for the total amount upon ordering; so that the customer can prepare the exact payment in advanced for faster releasing of the goods or inform the staff to prepare any loose changed if needed.
  7. Customer should also inform us the TENTATIVE or TARGET time of their arrival to the shop; so we can be prepared also
  8. Customer calls in and informs us of his/her ORDER NUMBER upon arrival. They should park just outside our shop and we will come out to accept the payment & release the goods
  9. Staff assigned to release the goods will enumerate or point out one by one the products ordered from the receipt and show to customer that everything is already in the bag.
  10. Customer will sign the invoice & goods will be released.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1

ILPI
:ROFLMAO:
  • Like 1

Mailman

One of these was opened in the new Gaisano at Riverside in Ormoc as well. Never been in it so I can't say how it compares to the rest of the chain.

Edited by Mailman

USMC-Retired

The worse thing about the darn place are lines. They have lots of cheap junk and for a techy guy it is nice to look at all of it. But wading through the people blows the big one.

Woolf

I have been to cdr-king at parkmall several times not so many people there as sm or e-mall.

cdr-king in Parkmall just extended the shop area to almost double

Chas

Longest I waited in a CDR King to be served was about an hour (in Bacolod). Once you have waited 30 minutes you keep convincing yourself it cannot be much longer. When my number came up the assistants all disappeared and I realised none of them wanted to have to use English. Eventually one was pushed forward who served me without any problems apart from the incredibly inefficient sales process. It is even worse than Robinson's the chemist.

Anyway - the point of this post is to say that I found the branch in Robinson's Cybergate rarely had any queues.

UZI

Anyone notice that out of the staff present, no matter how busy, only one or 2 max serve. Always one doing stock filling, one doing some sort of accounting and one doing stock taking or something and the for an I.T. store, wait while they write out a manual receipt, even for a couple of DVD worth less than P50

musicman666

Manual receipts ..... No tax..... But wastes my time... They are stealing my time!

Spango58

We use CDR King at Tabunok manage to find most of what we have ever needed.

Cheers

MarknMae

CardiacKid

The CDR King in Minglanilla never has lines. They are well stocked and the staff is proficient in English.

David_LivinginTalisay

How to determine if CDR King have a particular Product in Stock and @ What Branch?

Fairly easy If you have Yahoo Messenger installed and visit the CDR King Home page

Look down the right hand side of that HOME page

osi.png

Click on an 'Active' On-line Chat icon -> uploads/monthly_10_2011/post-198-0-31888600-1317890487.gif

Start typing your Stock Inquiry!

Example:-

David Whittall:

SBC-10

2000mAh Solar Charger

Php 580.00

Any Branch in CEBU Stocking this Product please?

dvm_cdrk:

gd pm. will check po.

dvm_cdrk:

PLS CALL the branch b4 visit.

SOLAR CHARGER 2000MAH SBC-10: as of oct 3,

ayala--4pcs;

sm cebu--4pcs;

park mall--1pc;

cybergatre--1pc

Many Battery Packs that offer USB output (so it can power many small devices like cell phones, GPS Navigators etc) have a DC-DC inverter chip. The output is 5V DC

I was considering a 4 x AA Cell Battery Pack, and using rechargeable Sanyo 'eneloop' batteries. This would give 4.8V output so no regulation or DC-DC inverter would be required.

But a 4 x AA 'eneloop' Batteries cost Php580 from CDR King.

So I think that the SBC-10 for same Price is better, for following reasons:-

1. No need for Battery Holder
  2. Small compact size - same width as Nuvi 255
  3. an use Solar Cell as 'shade' for the screen of my Nuni
    (and generate power to keep battery topped up)
  4. Cables for charging from USB supplied
  5. Adaptors provided for Mini B USB and Cell Phones
  6. Built it torch
  7. Solar Panel for keeping internal 2000mAh Battery topped up

A Garmin Nuvi is only consuming 50mA or so when not searching for satellites (from the Diagnostic Screen info).

The Solar Power can generate up to 100mA, so even allowing for energy losses of electronic circuitry, the solar panel will reduce the losses, from the internal Garmin Nuvi Battery, with the SP-10 connected.

I do have a 12V DC Power outlet on my motorcycle, but off-road use can sometimes disconnect the Garmin adapter with bumps and vibrations.

SBC-10

2000mAh Solar Charger

Php 580.00

9294_9.jpg

SBC-10.jpg

9294_3.jpg

As you can see, kn this there is a USB 'A' socket (like on your PC), and a USB Mini 'B' socket (like on the back of a Garmin Nuvi).

Because I mount my Garmin Nuvi 255 in a Water-resistantHandleabar Mount Case, the standard cable supplied, having Mini 'B' USB or via Multi Adaptor connector, protrudes too far to fit the depth of the case. I have a short USB 'A' (Right angled), to Mini 'B USB (Right angled) cable.

I do have the standard Garmin 12V DC (cigar lighter plug) Adaptor with the Mini 'B' USB, but this sometimes disconnects, on off-road sections, due bump shocks and/or vibrations.

I can't then also be charging my WBT-201 or Nokia Phone, if using that 12V DC Power outlet for the Garmin Power Adapter!

31mRW6CbCZL._SY100_.jpg

Powering the Garmin Nuvi from this USB 5V DC Power Adapter, also allows the other USB Socket to connect to my WBT-201 at the same time, so it can stay charged longer, or I can be charging my Nokia N95 if that complaining its battery is going flat!

The USB adaptor, is much smaller and lighter, than the Garmin Cigar Lighter Power Adaptor.

So there are a number of advantages to powering from a USB Power outlet, that plugs into the Waterproof Cigar Lighter Socket I mounted and wired to my XT225 12V Battery (via a Fuse), rather than from the 12V to 5V Adapter from Garmin.

The advantage of the Garmin Cigar Lighter Plug Power Adapter, being that if it gets disconnected at all, a warning "External Power Lost. Tuning off in 29..28..27.. Continue on Battery Power?

You can select <Turn Off> or <Stay On>

When Powering a Garmin Nuvi' from a USB power source, it boots up and says "Loading Maps..." but these don't Load, as it then switches into PC Connect Mode the Green 'Loading bar' display starts, but then stops. However after 20 seconds, it seems to realise there is no PC connected, and boots normally and loads the Maps this time.

With that USB Power Adapter, removing the USB from the 12V DC Socket (as opposed to removing the USB Cable from the USB Power Adapter), it repeats the initial power up. On my Motorcycle, when that happened due to bump or vibration, I lost the Navigation Screen, and the tracking. I missed a WayPoint marking a turn for a new Track, not on RoadGuide.ph.

So if I did not want that happening, yet still preferred the Dual USB Adapter over just the Garmin Power Adapter in my 12V Socket on my XT225, I needed a solution to prevent the 'Reboot, should that USB Adaptor come loose and lose electrical connection.

Wrapping PTFE Tape areond the top of the USB Power Adaptor has made it a tighter fit, and perhaps less chance of coming loose and loosing power input, but I wanted some 'insurance' in case it still happened.

That SBC-10 for Php580 is that 'Insurance', and can charge mu Nokia phone, and be a torch in the dark, and top its internal battery up when the sun is shining.

For the same price as 4 x AA Sanyo 'eneloop' batteries, I am well pleased with it.

The only negative thing I have noticed, when plugging and unplugging and leaving on charge via the SBC-10, whilst the SBC-10 also plugged into a USB Socket (as I will be using on my XT225), and going to the Diagnostic Screen to get information that it is Charging and what current and Voltages are showing, it did show against 'Battery:' "NTC Fault" and was no longer Charging.

logo_gpspass_125125_ENG.gif

Garmin nüvi forums

Tip - Using your Nuvi while it is plugged into PC

Originally posted by HRS - 26 May 2008

For what it's worth, I tried method #2 on my Nuvi 260. It does work, but immediately afterwards the battery would not charge even when connected to the Garmin car charger. (Until then, I'd *never* had any problem with the unit.)

I went into the diagnostic menu (hold down the area where the battery icon is located) and it showed an NTC battery fault, whatever that is. The only way I could restore normal charging was to CLR Checksums and run the full diagnostic routine. Then, the battery status was reset to normal and the unit did resume charging normally using the Garmin charger.

So, I'd advise some caution trying to "fool" the Nuvi 2xx series into working as a GPS when connected via a USB cable to a computer.

I discovered from a Google Search what 'NTC' stands for (Negative Temperature Coefficient) as well as finding discussion about it in connection with Garmin GPS, on this GpspasSion Thread!

Seems the Garmin Nuvi may have a 'thermistor temperature monitoring circuit', to make sure the battery does not overheat. If the voltage at that NTC input is above a given threshold, the NTC Fault is activated, which kills the charging until if the Thermistor signals to the NTC input, the battery has cooled, ie voltage back down below the NTC Signal Threshold.

So I am wondering' if your restore normal charging by "CLR Checksums and run the full diagnostic routine" did fix the problem or just take time, with no charging gong on, and the battery cooled down, and lowered the voltage to that NTC pin input, so the NTC Fault was removed and charging able to commence again?

Just leave it for 30 mins (or as long as the Full Diagnostic Routine takes to complete) and see if that 'NTC Fault' clears on its own (as the battery cools down)?

Not saying this is the case but sound logical from a Datasheet on a Battery Charger Control Chip. This has an 'NTC' Negative Temperature Coefficient) Monitor pin that a Thermistor connects to.

Whilst Testing with the Diagnostic Screen, to see if it was charging and what the voltages and charging current were, I got this

NTC battery fault

The Google Search also brought up
!

I thought I would add
what I found out about
NTC
, and why I was searching for what
'Battery NTC Fault
',meant.

David

USMC-Retired

I do not for second think Dave has any vested interest in CDR King. However the info could be of good use for people not familiar with CDR King.

David_LivinginTalisay

I do not for second think Dave has any vested interest in CDR King. However the info could be of good use for people not familiar with CDR King.

Precisely Tim,

Some can't read my 'Disclaimer', or refuse to believe it (that I created some time back after Robert51 started up with unfounded accusations).

More 'Flaming Accusations, this time from TommyStubbing (Sad Bastard), with no proof to substantiate the BS!

I was/am just a 'customer', who bought a particular product from CDR King and found it to be be very good value for money considering what you get with such SBC-10 2000mAh Solar Charger, for the same price as 4 x AA Sanyo 'eneloop' Batteries.

So I posted my Review of that SBC-10 - I can't read any RULE that says such Reviews are Advertising, and I certainly did not get paid for posting it, or any Post I have ever given my time and effort to on this Forum.

9294_9.jpg

SBC-10 Php580

post-198-0-41176100-1319180446_thumb.jpg

This is scanned copy of the back of the box of the SBC-10 that I bought from CDR King

I can scan the Receipt, Dated 10-4-11 if necessary also., along with 2GB Micro SD Card for Php2,200 for my Garmin Nuvi 255, making Php723.21

David R. Whittall

Living in Talisay City, Cebu, since 1st May 2001

cuchila

The CDR King in Park Mall does not seem so busy as those elsewhwere. No long queues

liquido

As said by other posters cheap junk,always a line(understaffed) , they waste more time writing up receipts,for a national chain you would think they would have cash registers ....Im sure they lose alot of business from people walking because of the wait..