Sign in to follow this  
batman2525

Lancaster Suites,whats the deal?

batman2525

Hi.

Im currently looking for somewhere to stay on Mactan for 5 weeks starting early Jan,I saw something on the internet About Lancaster suites and called them...it looked like their official website..when I called a guy picked up and asked me the approximate dates etc then asked me to send an email with my name etc which I did,after checking my email there was no reply from Lancaster suites so I called again...same guy picked up I told him i sent my email...he said oh,when I first spoke to you I was in a taxi going to the airport...now im in Manila..I said I thought I was talking to the desk at Lancaster,I was under the impression I was calling their tel number,he said please call me back thursday,is this guy someone working on commission with an elaborate website...?

Thanks.

liquido

I stayed at the same place you are talking about for 6 months using another management company.....Try using this firm I will post here..http://www.sdrapartments.com/?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Like I said same place differant management...Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

batman2525

Thanks Liquido will try that...however in the meantime I just read about 20 reviews that totally slam the place as looking like a deserted jail surrounded by swampland and grazing cattle with staff that dont give two fecks about anything.....what was your take on it after being there for 6 months?

Thanks.

Does anyone know of any other place on Mactan ?

Thanks.

liquido

Thanks Liquido will try that...however in the meantime I just read about 20 reviews that totally slam the place as looking like a deserted jail surrounded by swampland and grazing cattle with staff that dont give two fecks about anything.....what was your take on it after being there for 6 months?

Thanks.

Does anyone know of any other place on Mactan ?

Thanks.

Well its not the most attractive place..I really had no complaints about my unit.I must say it had everything I needed in the unit.Management did treat me well..Granted its not cheap..The internet was super fast having downloaded many movies there.If it rains hard the million frogs across the street let you know they are there.Marina Mall walking distance with decent restaurants and grocery..There are 2 big Korean GRO bars there also..Yeah many Koreans in the area also..I found Bohol so I would never return to Mactan......

There is a real nice place in Cordova called www.Cordovahomevillage.com ...Cordova is at the tip of Mactan its own island with short bridge...Really nice place,Great staff,Good food,Nice Pools..Many Norwegians..Same guy that owns Viking Bar on Mango..Only drawback is you would want your own transportation being far out..

Edited by liquido

Headshot

Just out of curiosity, why are you set on Mactan for five weeks? I can think of a lot of places where I would rather stay.

batman2525

Thanks for the headsup Liquido.

Headshot,my filipina g/f who will be visiting her parents lives close to the new bridge and I thought a place on mactan where I could also walk to beaches etc when I am not with her would be a good place to stay and convenient to her folks place.

Thank you.

toshi

no beaches close to the bridge brother..., not much beaches at all.... most beaches are in a resort style places on mactan.

Headshot

I think you will be a lot happier if you start your visit at the Days Hotel near the airport. It's a nice hotel with a decent restaurant. It will still be close to her family. Regardless of where you stay on Mactan, you should plan on getting around by taxi. There, you can get to know her better without any long-term commitments on where you are staying. Then, say after a week, get AWAY from Mactan and AWAY from her family. Take the jetboat from Cebu to Tagbiliran on Bohol and stay for a while at one of the resorts on Panglao. Dumaluan Resort (get a room in the new building...not in the older sections of the resort) has a really nice beach for not too much money. The Bohol Beach Club is a bit more pricey, but the rooms are great and the amenities are good. It has a good beach too. Other places you might try are Moalboal or San Remigio on Cebu island. Of course, there are several other islands around which have nice places to get away.

I would suppose that this trip is mostly so the two of you can get to know each other well enough to know whether or not you want to go further with your relationship. If that is the case, then by being alone after the first week, you will be much more likely to actually get to know her. A week is long enough to get to know whether or not you can stand her family (don't just assume that you can). Then it's time to get away from them and their influences. If she isn't OK with that, then you should ask the question of yourself if she will ever be ready for that. If not, it is a good indication she isn't really serious. In any event, have a back-up plan in case it turns out she is NOT the girl you think she is. By seeing her in various settings, you will be more likely to find out who and what she really is.

Of course, this is just what I would do. You may see things differently. Good luck.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 1

batman2525

Hi Headshot.

I will check out Days Hotel,ummm Ive been with this woman for 3+ years now and I also know her family quite well.

She lives in the UK and lives in a property of mine(she pays rent to me) when I am in the UK I stay with her,im mostly in Florida.Her family live in Mandaue not that far from the new bridge and that is why I was looking for something reasonably close to her without being on her side of the bridge,last year I stayed in Cabancalan and was not happy with our accomadation thats why im putting my feelers out now so that I can find a place that is suitable...wouldnt mind staying right on the beach if it was only for two weeks but this trip is running close to 5+ weeks so thought of getting on Mactan with easy access to the beach.

Thank you.

batman2525

no beaches close to the bridge brother..., not much beaches at all.... most beaches are in a resort style places on mactan.

Your right...but there are some beaches that you can just walk onto...Portofino is one I believe its not too far from the new bridge...??

Thanks.

toshi

portofino is close to shangri la hotel, its on the other side of the island, aprox 20 -30 min car drive from the new bridge (in not to busy traffic) could be 45 min. or more in bad traffic

Edited by toshi

batman2525

portofino is close to shangri la hotel, its on the other side of the island, aprox 20 -30 min car drive from the new bridge (in not to busy traffic) could be 45 min. or more in bad traffic

Wow! ive been tp Portofino on two occasions....I never thought it was that far...

Thanks.

newtocebu

Wow! ive been tp Portofino on two occasions....I never thought it was that far...

Thanks.

Its not really that far.. traffic isnt so bad on the northern part of the perimeter road on Mactan ( from the new bridge to the eastern side of the island )

Plenty of jeeps ply the route as well... ( ie; no need to shell out on taxis )

Edited by newtocebu

Gus

Its not really that far.. traffic isnt so bad on the northern part of the perimeter road on Mactan ( from the new bridge to the eastern side of the island )

Plenty of jeeps ply the route as well... ( ie; no need to shell out on taxis )

I guess its all relative ... I thought it was a long way ! ! Kinda remember I had to pay something at the gate, The beach was pretty nice.. had to pay extra again to use their pool.. then took ages for a taxi to come, and of course he didnt want to use the meter ! I guess I had to walk outside the gates to find a jeepney.