Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Urgent Need for O+ (O Positive Blood)

Paul

Mike Boylan (enoonmai), a guy who had rented a motorbike from Paul (ancienrocka), had a bad accident on one of his bikes this week. He is in Chong Hua with broken collar bone and ribs.

His girlfriend has asked for an urgent post to be put up for donors of blood type O+. The # is 0917-455-4358.

mpt1947

Damn,

I am on blood thinners and can't give - if the situation worsens let me know - I can go off the drug for a few days and give a pint

Paul

I'm sure anyone who is O+ and can assist, would be appreciated. But, I don't believe they would want anyone to go off blood thinners to assist.

Stranded Shipscook

I'd go where Paul goes, (We are blood brothers) but in this case i can't help.

SkyMan

O+ can receive any O assuming normal checks are done.

Lordblacknail

I think I am O+ but the medicine I take daily precludes blood giving. Marie, Katie and I wish him a speedy recovery and hope it isn't too serious.

Edited by Lordblacknail

Paul

I just got off the phone with Mike. He was awake and alert.

He is still in need of at least two or three more units of blood.

PLEASE, if anyone can help here, please do so. This accident was pretty serious.

• Like 1

ancienrocka

Christy, Mike's gf speaks good English and is very sensible so will deal with all calls professionally. Mike is fortunate to have her as his carer.

You call her on 0917-455-4358.

• Like 1

Captainmike

All,

I just got off the phone with Christy and they still need blood. I'm going down there now to donate a pint. I'm o+

Captainmike

• Like 2

broden

does he have internal injuries also?

USMC-Retired

I hope he is all right. I am A+ so no use to him. It finally has been 3 years so I am able to now donate again.

David_LivinginTalisay

I used to Donate to the Red Cross here in Cebu and have the Doner Card. Also to another Blood Transfusion Group.

But that was before I had a heart attack in May 2008.

Not sure if I would be allowed to Donate my O+ any more?

I would risk losing some of my blood, but dont think they would let me donate it as I am on i) Asprin, ii) Metropolol, iii) Ramipril, iv) Avator Statin.

When I lived in Hong Kong, the Red Cross stopped accepting my O+ Blood because I lived in the UK for more than a specified term (6 months+?) between certain Dates, so they considered I could be at Risk from BSE ( 'Mad Cow Disease') from eating too many Burgers or something.

I had to get a letter from the Read Cross stating the reasons why they would not accept this 'common' O+ Blood from me any more (so Sha-Sha would know it not because of any STD or 'AIDS' test result).

USMC-Retired

Any word on his condition?

Paul

David, and any others who believe they are unable to donate blood, PLEASE change the setting for your blood type on your profile to "cannot or will not donate".

Paul
Any word on his condition?

I just rang him for an update, actually. They are currently good on blood, so no more is needed AT THIS TIME. If they do need more, I have asked them to notify me and I will make it a point to post again, letting everyone else know.

• Like 1