High rising young criminal offenders

It is already becoming alarming how children at young age are already involved in crimes. I was dismayed as I open the stand in front of the TV and right then the news was all about a 12 year old boy who raped a 3 year old neighbor of his. Awhile ago was a crime of passion by a 13 year old boy which happened in one of the SM mall. I know, sometimes malls are not that strict, sometimes they are but not all the time. So I don't have any question how this kid was able to sneak in a hand gun inside the mall. There was a proposal to lower down the age bracket of those who can be held as criminally liable. from 18 and above, a proposed bill was to lower it down at an age of 9. - What's your thought about this?

Source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/58523/senate-proposal-to-bring-down-age-of-criminal-liability-to-9-yrs-old-opposed

my opinion is that age of criminal responsibility in any jurisdiction should be no lower than 10. 10 is the absolute minimum. No matter what crimes they do, children younger than that can't be held responsible for their actions. You do have to draw a line with this one - you can't say when it's murder, then that lowers the age of criminal responsibility. All crimes even murder should be judged the same when it's kids. I could live with 12 I suppose, but anything higher than that, no. 10-12 should be the range. Young offenders should be treated as adults, like if they were 25 or 30 or 50 years old, from age 17-18.