Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

NAVIGATING CEBU JEEPNEYS

dustybookend
1 hour ago, Woolf said:

Information about Cebu mybus, routes and fares

http://sugbo.ph/2016/cebu-mybus-guide/

Thanks, that seems like a better way to get to SM city. I guess a taxi would be the smarter move after that.

dustybookend

The 16:55 flight left T3 on time and I got out of CEB at 18:16 and the 'Mybus" P25 was on its way at 18:20 - there was another bus waiting to load passengers just behind it. Arrived SM about 18:50. I got a taxi at SM to Osmena for a negotiated P100. Arrived about  19:10.

BTW, the white shuttle bus from Taft station to T3 for P20 is working well. At midday it took about 20 minutes.

• Like 1

badian
On 27/03/2017 at 12:04 PM, dustybookend said:

Thanks, that seems like a better way to get to SM city. I guess a taxi would be the smarter move after that.

unless it is raining for a solo person, there is no reason at all to use car taxis in metro Cebu.  They are too expensive, and in traffic they are far too slow. They are no faster than jeepneys really. 

when traffic is relatively light it is not difficult to learn the jeepney routes and if you are stuck, it is amazing how just about any random passer-bys seem to know nearly all the routes and what changes you need to make. It seems that you can almost ask anybody and they seem to know all the jeep numbers, where is the best place to change, and so on. Several times I've asked two people in the street like how do I get from Lahug to Tabunok and between them they very quickly say, after spending a few seconds thinking it over, oh it's 14b or 14d to Colon, then 12f or 14f to Bulacao and then finally 42d to Tabunok. They seem to have these encyclopaedic memories. 

jeepneys come into their own on Sundays and holidays when traffic is light and they are fast. The 3 changes above, on a Sunday, would take about 50 minutes in total to get from Lahug to Tabunok, right across the metro area really and would cost 21 pesos. A car taxi would cost about 250 and take about 30 minutes. So why would you want to take  taxi. Only in the rain, and only if I really needed to travel, and travelling solo, would I ever take a car taxi anywhere.

in traffic I use habal habals a lot. They are by the far quickest means of public transport, they can be very cheap as little as 10 pesos over short distances as they don't have a flagfall, and over longer distances they are about 60% of what a car meter taxi costs. A journey from Country Mall, Banilad to J-Mall, Mandaue in traffic, in a car taxi is 100 pesos. A habal habal motorbike is 50 or 60 and it gets you there in less than half the time. On a Sunday, a jeepney is nearly same speed as a car taxi and costs 7. If I had to do that journey I'd do it by habal habal nearly every time, except on Sundays when I'd take a jeepney. If it was raining, I MIGHT take a taxi but even if it was raining, on a Sunday I'd still take a jeepney. 

you can't go two's up riding pillion on habal habals any more except on very short rides in within the same barangay going on only minor roads. As soon as you hit a major road, you have to wear a helmet and also habal habals are now only allowed one passenger.  So sometimes if I am with a girl I'll take a car taxi for that reason. 

• Like 1

Headshot

In this website, you can look at just about any jeepney route on Cebu.

http://cebujeepneys.weebly.com/

Just click on the route number, and it will show you a map of where it goes.

Edited by Headshot

Woolf
31 minutes ago, badian said:

The 3 changes above, on a Sunday, would take about 50 minutes in total to get from Lahug to Tabunok, right across the metro area really and would cost 21 pesos.

If you pay the driver 7 piso only from Colon to Bulacao, you are cheating the driver

7 peso covers the first 4 km only, the distance is close to 7 km

Edited by Woolf

Headshot
2 minutes ago, Woolf said:

If you pay the driver 7 piso only from Colon to Bulacao, you are cheating the driver

7 peso covers the first 4 km only, the distance is close to 7 km

Don't worry. He'll throw in a slightly turned onion as well...  :thumbs_up:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Woolf
37 minutes ago, badian said:

then 12f or 14f to Bulacao

I can not find jeepney route 12f nor 14f, but maybe it is there 

colemanlee
21 minutes ago, Woolf said:

I can not find jeepney route 12f nor 14f, but maybe it is there 

You have to turn left by that sari sari store :D