Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

NAVIGATING CEBU JEEPNEYS

NOSOCALPINOY
Jeepney

There is only few colour codes on the jeepney's, mainly in Mactan!

The pic above is from a private vehicle btw.

I found this link useful for planning your jeepney journeys: http://transit.com.ph/#

Cheers :lazy:

Nice try, tried a few different routes, no routes showed up. Sure not as functional as www.cebujeepneymap.com 

Oasis Monarch

There is only few colour codes on the jeepney's, mainly in Mactan!

The pic above is from a private vehicle btw.

Nice try, tried a few different routes, no routes showed up. Sure not as functional as www.cebujeepneymap.com 

1. May I ask what were your route searches?

2. I searched the following routes and got multiple solutions within 30 seconds (from a laptop; windows 8; IE)

a. Sarossa Hotel to:

-Park Mall

~Chong Hua Hospital 

~Shangrila Mactan

~Pacific Mall

b.Chong Hua Hospital to South Bus Terminal

3. I did not get a route solution for Sarossa Hotel to Talisay City. Perhaps there is a distance limitation...

Jeepney

My searches where from Talisay!

I will try some inner city later.

Joel

Hello and good afternoon. I just found an app for iOS , this is a jeepney routes of Cebu. Just search for cebu jeepney . This overlays the route on the map. Seems to work well .

Jawny

Hello and good afternoon. I just found an app for iOS , this is a jeepney routes of Cebu. Just search for cebu jeepney . This overlays the route on the map. Seems to work well .

Useful, but limited choices. I suppose once a person becomes familiar with landmarks, it is more useful

Edited by Jawny

Kreole

On going back I suggest you take a taxi because it’s a bit tricky.

I suggest that you always take a taxi and avoid the jeepneys altogether.   I took one jeepney ride when I first came to Cebu.  It was awful, sitting in traffic breathing the exhaust and pollution, stopping at every block to pick up or disembark passengers, and being stuffed in like a sardine.  Honestly, I could have walked faster to my destination.  All in all it was a totally bad experience.

Joel

Useful, but limited choices. I suppose once a person becomes familiar with landmarks, it is more useful

Then seach function is limited, but if you click on the individual routes, it expands to the route overlaid a google map.

dustybookend

This topic could do with a bit of a nudge. I don't have any answers, only questions.

This is all I could find about Jeepney routes, very tedious to search through.

http://cebujeepneys.weebly.com/04b.html

Oh dear, is that advertising?

So I thought I'd look for a Jeep from the airport to Osmena Circle.

One can start with a MI-05A from the airport to Opon/Lapu2 PUJ terminal and then a 23D/MI-23A to Mandaue Coliseum, get a 21D to Maxilom, then 03B to Osmena Circle.

Needs fine tuning for odd/even. A taxi would be more comfortable, safer?, and faster?

Anyone know any better ways.

Jawny
29 minutes ago, dustybookend said:

This topic could do with a bit of a nudge. I don't have any answers, only questions.

This is all I could find about Jeepney routes, very tedious to search through.

http://cebujeepneys.weebly.com/04b.html

Oh dear, is that advertising?

One can start with a MI-05A from the airport to Opon/Lapu2 PUJ terminal and then a 23D/MI-23A to Mandaue Coliseum, get a 21D to Maxilom, then 03B to Osmena Circle.

Needs fine tuning for odd/even. A taxi would be more comfortable, safer?, and faster?

Anyone know any better ways.

Have you tried the App Cebu Jeepney Map. Simple, but a start for standard routes?

Edited by Jawny
  • Like 1

Woolf

what about taking the mybus from airport to sm city (25 peso) and then go from there

mybus stop at airport is just outside arrival

• Like 3

Dafey
39 minutes ago, dustybookend said:

So Jeepney from airport to circle is at least 2 jeepneys possibly 3-4 different ones. While I admire your sense of adventure the ride in a cab can be brutal, a jeepney...hope you like the one next to you while you're stuck in traffic on the bridge.

I'll pay the 200 plus pesos for the cab and hope for a good ac and quiet radio...

As far as Jeepney routes, there are set patterns. they have a small letter/number on top, front and back, that designates what their route is. We are in Guadalupe and all our Jeepney's start with 6. 6A goes down V Rama and through the Colon Market to Sta. Nino church. 6B goes by the Capital, Jones, Osmena Circle and Colon. 6H goes to Ayala and SM City...etc.

There is also a sign in the window indicating the stops. However, just ask the driver and tell him where you want to go, he'll tell you which one to take.

• Like 1

Woolf

Information about Cebu mybus, routes and fares

http://sugbo.ph/2016/cebu-mybus-guide/

• Like 1

dustybookend
2 hours ago, Jawny said:

Have you tried the App Cebu Jeepney Map. Simple, but a start for standard routes?

Thanks, I'll put in on my short list of good reasons to buy a 'smart' phone.