Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

NAVIGATING CEBU JEEPNEYS

Norm Miller

Thank you, I have been living in Lapu-Lapu City for almost one year and never knew about the codes for the Jeepneys. I look forward to trying this.

Norm

Maybe Next Yr

This is great info, as I like taking the Jeepneys (except for the fact that most of the roofs are so low I regularly bang my head)!

• Like 1

philmoralez

Very helpful.. thank you bro!

Cuda

Thank you, I have been living in Lapu-Lapu City for almost one year and never knew about the codes for the Jeepneys. I look forward to trying this.

Norm

You have another option to get to the Cebu City. There is a white express van which goes from Gaisano mall (the one between the bridges ) to SM City in CebuCity

philmoralez

thank you,, very informative..

RisingSun

I rode 14D between Colon and Ayala...I don't know if it;s like this with other jeepney routes BUT...

Going North from Colon..on Jones rd..past circle then to capital, turn right then to Ayala..end point...

But on return..(I never taken from Ayala, but at Mango bar area..going West from Ayala..14D. It make left turn one block before circle(Jones), left onto F.Ramos.(Jsut before Jolibee) then winds into Colon area but never again on Jones...

So North bound and return South bound is on different road.

Is this normal?? Or just 14D??

I never taken other Jeepneys

RisingSun

Oh..Also I heard about Mactan Gasiano Mall white van to SM for P35. Is this correct??

Does it run late night??? after 10pm??

Also same van goes to Ayala too or just to SM mall ???

It sounds like van has no particular shedule to and from SM/Ayala./Gasiano mall...

So does it run whenever it's full ??? So person sometimes have to wait LONG time ???

Anyone with experience riding white van ???

Nangulo

As to your first post, different to and from routes are not unusual. 13C comes to mind as well as 21A from Mandaue. Also, the 10M from Bulacao takes a much different return route from SM. No experience with white vans, AKA V-Hire.

If going directly from SM to Ayala, take the 03Q. All it does is go between the two malls. However, now that the jeep terminal at Ayala has been moved to its permanent building, the 03Q may have been changed / rerouted.

RisingSun

Thanks..good to know there are other routes little confusing...

There's direct SM and Ayala jeepney ?? Great...

Generally how early and how late most jeepneys run??? I am thinking 6 am till 11pm or midnight..of course depends on area and routes but major routes..like going to SM or Ayala or Colon areas...????

Skywalker

I use jeepneys all the time now, but I am very careful NOT to use them in the early mornings or late afternoons, because that is when the workers are going too and from work, and I would be mortified if I took a seat that denied a poor person from getting to work on time.

Just a thought.

• Like 1

Fender rules

I often take a jeepney in the wee small hours ... 10 going to Bulacao still runs at 2 A.M

sonjack2847

I took a jeepney from Carcar to argao as all the busses were full at Carcar. Talk about packing them in it was difficult to breath.

• Like 1

RisingSun

What are jeeneys go from Mango square to IT park past Waterfront hotel (past Ayala) ??? then go south (right) on Juan Luna toward Mabolo area???

04C goes to Lahug but goes North at Golden Peak hotel to JY Square..thus never go past IT park or Waterfront.

Not sure 17C (B??) does going to Lahug???

MAybe need to change jeepney before Ayala ???

Basically wanna goto Reyes and Juan Luna ,and Juna Luna and F. Cabahug/Ayala rd/Cardinal Rosales (all same road??)

Sven

Is there such a thing as a nice map of all the jeepney routes..?

A bit like the London tube map hehe...