American to file case against Gov Garcia brother

greatplace

Is this thread about Jovan? Whats the link? oh yeah it happend in Talisay. Ok not bad. Carry on.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• UZI

• Cipro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bottom line is this- for whatever reason- the American got pissed off, and decided to handle the matter in a very confrontational manner ! He went looking for trouble- and found it . You alway

i think we're talking about a baby at 2 years old really not a kid playing in the street i don't know if that baby was almost run down while on the side of the road or on a sidewalk or if she was in

The whole thread is about a foreigner who moved to Corona del Mar recently and from Day one started to become a regular nagger who files lots and lots of nagging complaints about everything.   He th

Posted Images

Davaoeno

Is this thread about Jovan? Whats the link? oh yeah it happend in Talisay. Ok not bad. Carry on.

feeling a little picky today are we ?? :biggrin_01: :biggrin_01:

must not have any kids... you tell them over and over and over not to do something and they do it anyway.

So who runs your household anyway? You're bigger make them stop, put them in the fenced yard or something. I was a 2 year old and *I* didn't play in the street because Dad said "Don't play in the street, it's dangerous".

for number 1 just say never let your children out of the house ( wow now that says welcome to our family style place)

Disingenuous. Instead of going to all the f*ckery of getting signs people will ignore anyway, just fence the little fellas into your own safe yard.

"I put up a 'please don't slaughter my kids' sign, time to go drink beer and watch streamed sports while they play in the street". Wonderful. Great plan,

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

The whole thread is about a foreigner who moved to Corona del Mar recently and from Day one started to become a regular nagger who files lots and lots of nagging complaints about everything.

He thinks he is somebody better and since he paid the overpriced lots feels that he has now every right to change things the way he wants too.

He yells and shouts at people, unbeknown to the fact, that shouting at Asians could lead to instant death, in this particular case he is lucky that he did not met a bolo swinging maintenance laborer, who certainly would have hacked him to death.

He is one of those "ugly" foreigners who causes a lot of trouble because he can't realize that he is and always be a guest in a faraway third world land which has different rules than where he came from.

Edited by CATMAN
  • Like 6

So who runs your household anyway? You're bigger make them stop, put them in the fenced yard or something. I was a 2 year old and *I* didn't play in the street because Dad said "Don't play in the street, it's dangerous".

Disingenuous. Instead of going to all the f*ckery of getting signs people will ignore anyway, just fence the little fellas into your own safe yard.

"I put up a 'please don't slaughter my kids' sign, time to go drink beer and watch streamed sports while they play in the street". Wonderful. Great plan,

and so at 2 you did everything your dad said... ever know of any children that drowned in a pool after being told... dont drown in the pool

• Like 2

The whole thread is about a foreigner who moved to Corona del Mar recently and from Day one started to become a regular nagger who files lots and lots of nagging complaints about everything.

He thinks he is somebody better and since he paid the overpriced lots feels that he has now every right to change things the way he wants too.

He yells and shouts at people, unbeknown to the fact, that shouting at Asians could lead to instant death, in this particular case he is lucky that he did not met a bolo swinging maintenance laborer, who certainly would have hacked him to death.

He is one of those "ugly" foreigners who causes a lot of trouble because he can't realize that he is and always be a guest in a faraway third world land which has different rules than where he came from.

you know i dont care how long your here he has just as many rights to be here then you do maybe more as he is married with children ... i am surprised you think of the locals as one step above wild animals with this statement (((bolo swinging maintenance worker))) well with your way of thinking i guess i am lucky to have a home in arizona so i dont run into the bolo swinging maintenance worker types.. )) guess your not going to be doing any travel agent speaches ,, really you could help the country and not tell everyone such garbage its a dis service to the country

Davaoeno

you know i dont care how long your here he has just as many rights to be here then you do maybe more as he is married with children ... i am surprised you think of the locals as one step above wild animals with this statement (((bolo swinging maintenance worker))) well with your way of thinking i guess i am lucky to have a home in arizona so i dont run into the bolo swinging maintenance worker types.. )) guess your not going to be doing any travel agent speaches ,, really you could help the country and not tell everyone such garbage its a dis service to the country

smokey - guenther knows very well that i dont always agree with him , but on this issue i agree with him 100% !! The truth sometimes hurts - thats the way that life is ! just because you are a fat cat American businessman doesnt mean shit here ! Here the bad guys carry ak-47s and have lots of body guards and i dont care how many guns your wife has registered in your name you are not doing fellow foreigners any favors with your posts about standing up to the bad guys ! you are just going to get them all killed ! You talk like a real bad guy yourself but until i hear you pulled an ak-47 on someone to me its all talk !!

• Like 1
For Real

Sounds to me like the core problem is him allowing his kids to play in the street to me.

Why did you fabricate that statement?

From the OP

Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.

I walk in and around my subdivision with my child, she doesn't play on the roads. I'm lucky the speed limit is a policed 25km/h. I could see the problems that would occur if idiots incapable of operating a motor vehicle at even a walking speed were allowed to fly around...even when I am with her.

From what i take from the supposed facts thus far, I believe Morris went too far, but that doesn't exonerate Garcia.

newtocebu

Sorry, but I dont agree with those saying that kids shouldnt be playing on the street ( inside subdivisions )

People buy into subdivisions because of the safety and security from the 'mean streets' outside the perimeter walls.

Most lots inside subdivisions are barely big enough to play in anyway, so, let kids be kids and play on the street.

Kids will always be playing on the streets, like it or not. It is not bad parenting, or neglect or any other way you wish to describe it.

The responsibility rests squarely on the drivers shoulders to drive in a safe enough manner as to avoid any possible accident.

• Like 3

I walk in and around my subdivision with my child, she doesn't play on the roads.

So placing a series of signs across the road right in front of your house would do what? Is it your contention that he was standing hand in hand with his child in front of their own house for an extended period and were almost run down? The only situation that placing signs in front of his house would seem to address is ... kids in front of his house, which was what I went with but if you have alternate reasonable theories as to what other situation placing signs in front of ONLY your own house might fix then let 'em fly.

Sorry, but I dont agree with those saying that kids shouldnt be playing on the street ( inside subdivisions )

People buy into subdivisions because of the safety and security from the 'mean streets' outside the perimeter walls.

Most lots inside subdivisions are barely big enough to play in anyway, so, let kids be kids and play on the street.

Kids will always be playing on the streets, like it or not. It is not bad parenting, or neglect or any other way you wish to describe it.

The responsibility rests squarely on the drivers shoulders to drive in a safe enough manner as to avoid any possible accident.

.................and that is what you will say if (heaven forbid) it should happen .....my 2 yr old child was playing in the street but it is the drivers fault not mine :thumbs_down:

• Like 3

Wrong.

We never did it, and if it's allowed it's very surely bad parenting. Roads are for cars and other VEHICLES for god sake, what paernt would want his kids to mingle with vehicle traffic on purpose? Go to a damn park if your yard is too small, or get a place with a bigger yard.

As a parent it's YOUR job to provide a safe place for YOUR kids.

• Like 3
newtocebu

I am not saying I would necessarily let my kids play on the street, however, I could take a photo of a street in my subdivision at any time of the day and it is littered with kids.. Like I said, people buy into subdivisions because they are supposed to be 'safer' in all aspects..

• Like 2
  • Admin (Retired)

i think we're talking about a baby at 2 years old really not a kid playing in the street

i don't know if that baby was almost run down while on the side of the road or on a sidewalk or if she was in the middle of the street. never the less a baby shouldn't be allowed to be just out and about all on her own but that still doesn't forgive someone (possibly) driving recklessly

but with this story there's enough wrong to go around for everyone

• Like 6

Normally I wouldn't give any credence to what the Sun Star says on anything but in this editorial is some interesting perspective that gives some insight in dealing with situations between Expat & Pinoy worth noting.

Nalzaro: Byron’s tough guy image

By Bobby Nalzaro

Saksi

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

BYRON Garcia exited from the limelight after his elder sister, Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia, fired him as the Capitol consultant on security matters. But he is back in the spotlight following his “shouting match” with a neighbor, an American national, in Corona del Mar, a high-end subdivision in Pooc, Talisay City over the weekend.

Wayne Morris reportedly confronted Byron after the latter removed the road barrier that the former put up in front of his residence. Morris claimed Byron pointed an AK-47 assault rifle at him.

I am not surprised that Byron is again embroiled in a controversy. He has been controversial since he became a public figure. Kun sa Binisaya pa, gikaluhaan na siya og kontrobersiya. When he was Capitol consultant, he tangled with some people, including members of the media, lawyers and even his peers at the Capitol.

In Tagalog, he is “astig at palaban.” He retaliates when provoked and does not back out from any fight. People who crossed his path describe him as temperamental, confrontational and arrogant. He insults people and sometimes speaks gutter language.

Despite his “bad guy” image in public, Byron has a soft heart and is generous. He helps needy people. When he was supervising the Cebu Provincial Detention and Rehabilitation Center (CPDRC), he helped the families of some inmates and provided livelihood and assistance to released prisoners. He introduced the “Cebu dancing inmates,” which became a phenomenon on YouTube.

I don't know Mr. Morris, but I think he provoked Byron, sparking a heated argument and the gun-toting incident. Some foreigners here think they are still in their native land. They shout and spew foul language at locals during confrontations. We cannot blame them if that is their practice in their countries of origin. But they should not do that in the Philippines.

I actually had a bad experience with a foreigner a couple of years ago. I and Vic Dumon, a friend, had coffee in our favorite hangout at JY Square. Vic, who has a husky voice, cracked jokes and at times broke into a loud laugh.

An American national who was also having coffee at a nearby table stood up and confronted us. He shouted at us and threw insulting words. “Hey, you Filipinos are very noisy,” he said. I was shocked and speechless and remained composed. But Dumon was not able to hold his temper.

He stood up and shouted back at the foreigner saying, “You have no right to insult us.

This is our place.” The foreigner retreated and walked out without saying a word.

Nahudlat pud ang langyaw. Granting that we were noisy, he could have approached us nicely and told us to tone down our voices. But he shouted at us. Is that a good way of calling the attention of another person?

Maybe Morris acted that way and threw invectives at Byron, prompting him to display his assault rifle. But if Byron violated the provisions of the law on gun possession, our authorities should also go after him. No one is above the law.

([email protected])

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on September 21, 2011.

• Like 3