American to file case against Gov Garcia brother

greatplace

greatplace

I’LL STAND UP TO THAT BULLY’ 9/20/2011

American father ready to sue Byron for brandishing assault rifle

The American businessman who faced off an angry brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia said he would file charges against the man who brandished an AK-47 assault rifle at him in a flareup over road barriers outside the foreigner’s house in Talisay City.

Wayne Morris, 56, said he didnt’ know the armed man who “acted like a bully” was Byron Garcia, a former Capitol security consultant, until after the Sunday encounter.

“He’s bullied us and tried to be a dictator,” Morris told Cebu Daily News yesterday.

The two men argued heatedly about 8 a.m. Sunday over three metal barriers with “Slow Down” signs put up by Morris on the street where he lives.

Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.

He said the signs were delivered to him at his request by Filinvest, the subdivision developer.

Morris said he conferred with lawyers of Filinvest yesterday and filed a report with the Talisay City police.

“I feel reluctant about filing a case but Filinvest told me that they will support me,” Morris said.

Moris said he would file charges of harassment, disturbing the peace and carrying an illegal weapon.

In Byron’s account, the American insulted him when he came over to remove the road barriers, and that Morris told him he was a “nobody”.

Byron said he replied, “I am a nobody but I have this,” and pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle from his pickup to show he was not intimidated.

The governor’s brother said he was the president of the homeowners association of the subdivision, and that he was acting on the complaint of some residents about the road barrier.

Although Byron said he had papers for his rifle, the PNP Firearms Explosives Security Guards and Agencies Supervisory Section (FESAGSS) said that as a civilian, he isn't authorized to carry an AK-47 rifle.

Supt. Rex Derilo, FESAGSS chief, yesterday told reporters that the PNP doesn't issue a permit to carry for long firearms to civilians, especially a powerful assault rifle.

Exceptions to the rule are governors, judges and government officials in executive department, he said.

Derilo said Byron may have a permit to possess the weapon, but he's not authorized to bring it outside his home.

He said FESAGSS is waiting for the Talisay City police's report on the incident.

He said Byron could have his gun license revoked by his action.

‘Byron acted like he was going to shoot us.’ /Candeze R. Mongaya, Reporter

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• Davaoeno

• UZI

• Cipro

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The bottom line is this- for whatever reason- the American got pissed off, and decided to handle the matter in a very confrontational manner ! He went looking for trouble- and found it . You alway

i think we're talking about a baby at 2 years old really not a kid playing in the street i don't know if that baby was almost run down while on the side of the road or on a sidewalk or if she was in

The whole thread is about a foreigner who moved to Corona del Mar recently and from Day one started to become a regular nagger who files lots and lots of nagging complaints about everything.   He th

Posted Images

I’LL STAND UP TO THAT BULLY’ 9/20/2011

American father ready to sue Byron for brandishing assault rifle

The American businessman who faced off an angry brother of Gov. Gwendolyn Garcia said he would file charges against the man who brandished an AK-47 assault rifle at him in a flareup over road barriers outside the foreigner’s house in Talisay City.

Wayne Morris, 56, said he didnt’ know the armed man who “acted like a bully” was Byron Garcia, a former Capitol security consultant, until after the Sunday encounter.

“He’s bullied us and tried to be a dictator,” Morris told Cebu Daily News yesterday.

The two men argued heatedly about 8 a.m. Sunday over three metal barriers with “Slow Down” signs put up by Morris on the street where he lives.

Morris, who moved in two weeks ago, said he had the signs put up after his 2-year two-year-old daughter was almost run down by a speeding car in Corona del Mar, barangay Pooc, Talisay City.

He said the signs were delivered to him at his request by Filinvest, the subdivision developer.

Morris said he conferred with lawyers of Filinvest yesterday and filed a report with the Talisay City police.

“I feel reluctant about filing a case but Filinvest told me that they will support me,” Morris said.

Moris said he would file charges of harassment, disturbing the peace and carrying an illegal weapon.

In Byron’s account, the American insulted him when he came over to remove the road barriers, and that Morris told him he was a “nobody”.

Byron said he replied, “I am a nobody but I have this,” and pulled out an AK-47 assault rifle from his pickup to show he was not intimidated.

The governor’s brother said he was the president of the homeowners association of the subdivision, and that he was acting on the complaint of some residents about the road barrier.

Although Byron said he had papers for his rifle, the PNP Firearms Explosives Security Guards and Agencies Supervisory Section (FESAGSS) said that as a civilian, he isn't authorized to carry an AK-47 rifle.

Supt. Rex Derilo, FESAGSS chief, yesterday told reporters that the PNP doesn't issue a permit to carry for long firearms to civilians, especially a powerful assault rifle.

Exceptions to the rule are governors, judges and government officials in executive department, he said.

Derilo said Byron may have a permit to possess the weapon, but he's not authorized to bring it outside his home.

He said FESAGSS is waiting for the Talisay City police's report on the incident.

He said Byron could have his gun license revoked by his action.

‘Byron acted like he was going to shoot us.’ /Candeze R. Mongaya, Reporter

Speaking of Talisay, I hope this isn't going to turn into another Jovan....

Mandingo

Say's Morris moved in two weeks ago, welcome to the neighborhood Kano.

Some people need to relax, take a deep breath and go with the flow. Is it worth all the headaches he's just caused himself and his family? It may be better to just move now and get it over with. Whether he is in the right or not it's a no win for him.

• Like 1

Was his 2 year old on the road??

Thinking the same thing. If the kid's not in the road it doesn't matter how fast cars go. Those signs are more dangerous than not anyway. They cause vehicles to pass closer to the parked cars and people are paying attention to the sign and not what might be coming out from between the cars. I would first go to the Home Owner's Association. Oh but wait, I remember swearing to never again live in a subdivision that had a HOA so that wouldn't be my problem.

• Like 1

Say's Morris moved in two weeks ago, welcome to the neighborhood Kano.

Some people need to relax, take a deep breath and go with the flow. Is it worth all the headaches he's just caused himself and his family? It may be better to just move now and get it over with. Whether he is in the right or not it's a no win for him.

just like the frigging roads of the city some locals like to think they are so much in need they need to race place to place so the guy ask for and was giving the barriers so the cars would have to slow down not an unusual request i think if you have small children outside...... the brother has also said according to papers he will just have the foreigner deported,,, the old my way or the highway /////now this is the type of thing that tells the world .... oh come visit our country spend all you can then get the heck out....

• Like 3

Thinking the same thing. If the kid's not in the road it doesn't matter how fast cars go. Those signs are more dangerous than not anyway. They cause vehicles to pass closer to the parked cars and people are paying attention to the sign and not what might be coming out from between the cars. I would first go to the Home Owner's Association. Oh but wait, I remember swearing to never again live in a subdivision that had a HOA so that wouldn't be my problem.

i have seen cars pass the streets in this subdivision at 60 plus k i just figure its just some disabled retard

• Like 2
Davaoeno

just like the frigging roads of the city some locals like to think they are so much in need they need to race place to place so the guy ask for and was giving the barriers so the cars would have to slow down not an unusual request i think if you have small children outside...... the brother has also said according to papers he will just have the foreigner deported,,, the old my way or the highway /////now this is the type of thing that tells the world .... oh come visit our country spend all you can then get the heck out....

Often I find your posts very negative Smokey but in this one you are dead on !!! Many of the better off filipinos laugh at us stupid old men following our dicks here so we can get raped [ financially] at every turn. And if we complain about things it is so easy to get rid of us. The BID loves to deport foreigners who a filipino accuses of stepping over the line . [ Ever wonder why its called the Bureau of Immigration and DEPORTATION ????]

Dont get me wrong here tho, foreigners do have certain rights in the Philippines:

1.The right to spend all your money here

2.the right to buy a house for some filipina

3.the right to get charged with a crime if you should do anything at all that that filipina objects to

4. the right to get deported and lose everything you have worked all your life for

Edited by davaolife
  • Like 3
JamesMusslewhite

Two things come to mind:

1. One must stand up against a tyrant. Power-hungry disillusioned family members need to be challenged, so a Judge can call down the fools. It is the only way stop all this foolishness.

but........................

2. Two men on a motorcycle will make him sweat every time he now sees one.

• Like 6
greatplace

I agree James I was just thinking he is going to have a visit by a couple of guy's on a bike with helmets commonly called "a drive by shooting". Its the method of choice here in dgte

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Two things come to mind:

1. One must stand up against a tyrant. Power-hungry disillusioned family members need to be challenged, so a Judge can call down the fools. It is the only way stop all this foolishness.

but........................

2. Two men on a motorcycle will make him sweat every time he now sees one.

Totally agree with you James - in theory !! But who will hold his children and support them if he dies standing up against a tyrant ?? This for sure aint Kansas !! This is the wild wild west and those cattle barons dont hold kindly with sheep farmers complaining !

• Like 1

well if he was in england and pulled out a gun like that ,he will be going to jail for 10 years no ifs or butts .and your right james he now has to worry about scooters passin him every minute of the day .Is it really worth it ,Id think twice before I would file a case against any fillipino driving a blacked out 4 x 4 thats fore sure .

OK, as someone who lived on a sub division here for 5 years, the story smacks of a couple of strange bits. First of all, no one on a sub division gets to put up barriers without going through the HOA for permission unless they wield influence (2 weeks there...clearly only in his own mind), what were the security guards doing? 2nd Filinvest have handed over to a HOA, so are no longer in any control of matters such as this. Seems to me that Gwens brother acted totally correctly up until he waved the gun.

Jess Bartone

Well Philinvest has got behind him on this one so he may have a chance... but a small moral victory means nothing compared to the outrage and "loss of face" a over-privileged spoilt brat bully-boy feels, and will most likely act upon. I've never been a fan of gated communities, and now it seems you're not safe even in them. A song comes to mind written in 1972 by a band called "Ayers Rock"...

"GET OUT TO THE COUNTRY" meaning the city is gonna kill ya... could be time for another city versus province topic.