Our Place - A Dining Experience

"But I give very short thrift indeed to western owned and run premises that deliver "local" services at expat prices."

I would like to know what you consider to be expat prices? most places on the Terraces are far more expensive even by expat price standards and some are woeful on quality and service.

"I have time and money to spend when I go out to eat. There are many places I can choose from, so I juggle many parameters in a complex and informal decision process which I don't have to justify to anyone before deciding where to go."

just begs the obvious , why bother posting your justifications?

Feedback is the life blood of any customer centered business. Negative criticisms are an invitation to improve. Just wonder if you let those that meet your standards on any given day know this?

I am pretty free with both positive and negatives and expected my customers to do the same. Why? because its the catalyst for progress

• Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John B

• Paul

• Stranded Shipscook

• shadow

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John, if you would, please mention it to Little Rose the next time you are there. I'm sure they will fix the issue for you.   Not to single your g/f out here, John. This is a common thing with many

Without any accusation of John's Gf here...   It happens also sometimes that the female partners criticise food's because they don't like the place, a remark or (imagined) eyeballing by someone else

Well then maybe it's a conspirasy.........the fine art of crab mentality coupled with sabotage and foreigner envy sprinkled with a liberal portion of BS. However, I do feel that your complaint should

"But I give very short thrift indeed to western owned and run premises that deliver "local" services at expat prices."

I would like to know what you consider to be expat prices? most places on the Terraces are far more expensive even by expat price standards and some are woeful on quality and service.

"I have time and money to spend when I go out to eat. There are many places I can choose from, so I juggle many parameters in a complex and informal decision process which I don't have to justify to anyone before deciding where to go."

just begs the obvious , why bother posting your justifications?

Feedback is the life blood of any customer centered business. Negative criticisms are an invitation to improve. Just wonder if you let those that meet your standards on any given day know this?

I am pretty free with both positive and negatives and expected my customers to do the same. Why? because its the catalyst for progress

In answer to questions:

1: above aa bbq

2: i didn't

3: yes; if they can be bothered running a bit of analysis on credit card numbers and/or a white face they would know I am a return visitor.

Criticism maybe a catalyst for progress. But from my days of working in the catering trade when I was a student, criticism is an excellent way of ensuring a dip around on a later course or subsequent visit.

Have you been there since the new owner? He seems to try very hard and the girls working there have gotten much better.

Probably not, but I do not really know.

Edited by sperry

1/ do not understand

2/ read your post again, it looks like you did , I do not have a dog in any fight and that is how I read it

3/ Not sure prying into CC details is ethical we were told not to refer to them as part of CC merchandising unless it was for billing inquiries. Not sure if you wrote on your CC slips what you did and did not like. Also the pace has changed hands, perhaps the new people do not know you?

I never stopped being a student, so perhaps I have benefited form more modern catering practices and business school developments.

Thanks for responding it has helped me understand.

Edited by spooks
Alfred E. Neuman

Always wanted to try "Our Place" but i don't know where to park my car!

At the back. :biggrin_01: There's an open parking space. That lot is also used as parking lot for Sogo clients. :rofl:

• Like 1

Always wanted to try "Our Place" but i don't know where to park my car!

gallery_0_370_8053.gif

Our Place Bar Cebu Map

• 3 weeks later...
eggnoggin

in china the fat pieces are the most coveted......my girl used to make sure i got them in bbq places... <_< ... :biggrin_01:

dc3driver

At the back. ;) There's an open parking space. That lot is also used as parking lot for Sogo clients. :D

Ohh....guess I won't be driving there. Wife hears our car was parked in Sogo parking lot....thinks I'm short timing some

Babe....next night get my nuts cut off while sleeping...

Edited by dc3driver

I retired in 1997, came the Cebu, and lived there for the bigger part of 11 years. For the first 5 years I lived at the Sanchez Building onSancianko.. one half block from Our Place. I will NEVER FORGET!!! It was like CHEERS.."everyone knows your name".

It was owned and operated by Wes Mills and his wife Paulene. Customers sat on both sides of the bar..there were many regulars and new "drop-ins" added to the fun...I still laugh thinking about some of those days.

Wes is retired US Army and serviced many years in Germany.. so the menu was basic US chow with a German accent. Not gourmet but the old fashioned local cafe fare that is hard to find even in the US now.

Wes retired and leased the property around 2003 and moved to Florida..he might still own his house in Lahug. I moved to Banilad about the same time and didn,t get downtown much. I returned to the US in 2008.. along with my Filipina gf to get married. The marriage is still great.

Our Place went through several owners.. I hope they found a good one. We'll be visiting next year and be sure to stop by. (Do they still have pepper steak?)