Our Place - A Dining Experience

Having heard a lot about the food, we decided to eat at Our Place last Sunday, Sep. 11th. I ordered the Fish and Chips and my GF ordered the Adobo Combo Plate, Chicken and Pork.

My fish & chips were excellant. Cooked to perfection.

Both means were served at the same time. Something that rarely happens here in even the most expensive restaurants.

My GF seemed to dabble with her meal and finally I ask why and she said she was full. I did not believe this.

Arriving home I ask her what was wrong. She said the taste was good but the 2 chicken pieces were one part of a neck and a small piece of back. The 4 pieces of pork were 80% fat. Said something about what she would feed a dog. End of that conversation.

Now I am apologizing and will take her to dinner somewhere else. For her, that will never be Our Place again.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• John B

• Paul

• shadow

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

John, if you would, please mention it to Little Rose the next time you are there. I'm sure they will fix the issue for you.   Not to single your g/f out here, John. This is a common thing with many

Without any accusation of John's Gf here...   It happens also sometimes that the female partners criticise food's because they don't like the place, a remark or (imagined) eyeballing by someone else

Well then maybe it's a conspirasy.........the fine art of crab mentality coupled with sabotage and foreigner envy sprinkled with a liberal portion of BS. However, I do feel that your complaint should

InternetTough

So the fish and chips at that restaurant are good, eh?

John, if you would, please mention it to Little Rose the next time you are there. I'm sure they will fix the issue for you.

Not to single your g/f out here, John. This is a common thing with many Filipinos in general, it seems. They don't want to complain or make a scene at a restaurant, so they leave without complaining, thus the restaurant can't fix the problem. How does it go?

"If you have a good experience, tell a friend. If you have a bad experience, tell us."

I have always been partial to the Chicken Chester at Our Place. Man, it is good.

chicken_chester_our_place.jpg

• Like 4

Seems a little unfair to Our Place.

You said the fish and chips were excellent.

So, just notify someone about your experience with the

adobo and give them another chance.

• Like 2
Stranded Shipscook

Without any accusation of John's Gf here...

It happens also sometimes that the female partners criticise food's because they don't like the place, a remark or (imagined) eyeballing by someone else,the situation, the area surrounding the place, the waitress is too pretty, she is generally jealous, she wants to keep the guy in the house and a kazillion other reasons.

In order to make their point they then complan about the food, because a discussion about this isn't expected.

Again, this does not apply to John B. gf !

My ex wife was only once in Our Place with me and hated it when she entered, she used the same argument. ( But sneaky as i am, i tested the dish and it was EXACTLY the way SHE cooked it ) But i did not debate the subject further anyway.

Good to hear, that our Place has a good western cuisine again, there were trouble many years ago.P

Pauls picture- Lami oy, homemade real mashed potatoes !.

• Like 4

Having heard a lot about the food, we decided to eat at Our Place last Sunday, Sep. 11th. I ordered the Fish and Chips and my GF ordered the Adobo Combo Plate, Chicken and Pork.

Both means were served at the same time. Something that rarely happens here in even the most expensive restaurants.

My GF seemed to dabble with her meal and finally I ask why and she said she was full. I did not believe this.

Arriving home I ask her what was wrong. She said the taste was good but the 2 chicken pieces were one part of a neck and a small piece of back. The 4 pieces of pork were 80% fat. Said something about what she would feed a dog. End of that conversation.

Now I am apologizing and will take her to dinner somewhere else. For her, that will never be Our Place again.

Thats rather surprising, not the fact that the Adobo meat morsels were fat and bone, but that she complained about it later. Adobo being one of the staples of the poor would be just that way. Good, bad or in between, thats the norm. The less then desirable cuts always goes into the Adobo pot. As for the dog comment.....the average filipino dog should be so lucky. Apologize, for what? You did nothing wrong, she made the choice and got what she has probably eaten her whole life. Her mistake was not informing the manager of her dislike and giving them the opportunity to make it right. An injustice was done, but it was done to the restaurant not your girlfriend.

Personally when my wife and I go out to eat at a restaurant that offers a mixed menu, western and local fares. I gently encourage her to try something other then her everyday items. Broaden her horizons so to speak. Why order something you can get at home or on about any corner of the street! She has yet to be disappointed with this approach and looks forward to new culinary adventures. Somethings she actually liked it well enough to have me teach her to fix it at home. As for the complaining, we had to compromise. She tells me and I will do the complaining for her. After 20 plus years in the restaurant business I know that a customer compliant is an opportunity to pinpoint problem areas and improve. Any owner/manager worth his salt will listen and make changes to retain his customer base. :twocents:

• Like 1

My GF has been to Our Place numerous times. Many sundays she goes roaming around downtown Cebu and I go to Our Place to drink beer and BS till she is finished. She has no issue at all with the place that I know of. Just happened that we decided to eat there last sunday. We seldom dine out and try to patronize places that serve food we like.

In my opinion chicken neck and backbone is something that should never be served unless part of a half or whole order and I did notice that the pork was mostly fat. To me, it looked like they serve lesser quality food to the Filipinas than they do for the foreigners. She is unhappy and so am I, or I would not post this on this forum.

Greg is out of country and Rosie was not there. I feel it was a deliberate act on the cooks part.

And about the fish and chips, like I already said, they were excellant.

So, that's what it means to you when we meet up to have a beer at OP? Just BS? Okay. Fine. I see how you are now.

No. No. Don't try to back out of it now. What has been said cannot be unsaid. I see how this goes. I know where I stand.

• Like 2

for m60man. I am well aware of what adobo might consist of in the provinces with poor Filipinos. We did not eat in the province. The diet of a filipine dog is not relevant since my GF is not a dog. You are saying my complaint here is an injustice to the restaurant. I feel the food was an injustice to my GF.

She is NOT a complainer or whiner.

What food she may or may not have eaten most of her life has nothing to do with what that particular dish should be comprised of in a restaurant that caters primarily to a foreign clientele.

We have lived together for quite some time and I knew she was unhappy with the dinner so I ask her. She then told me what she was unhappy with.

While she was raised in a poor family she has experienced a wide variety of different foods as I am a pretty good cook with extensive experience in different nationalities.

• Like 1

OoooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooo Paul. For you, it is sooooooooooo much more. Hard for me to express it in mere words.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)

OoooooHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nooooooooooooooo Paul. For you, it is sooooooooooo much more. Hard for me to express it in mere words.

how about interpretive dance

for m60man. I am well aware of what adobo might consist of in the provinces with poor Filipinos. We did not eat in the province. The diet of a filipine dog is not relevant since my GF is not a dog. You are saying my complaint here is an injustice to the restaurant. I feel the food was an injustice to my GF.

She is NOT a complainer or whiner.

What food she may or may not have eaten most of her life has nothing to do with what that particular dish should be comprised of in a restaurant that caters primarily to a foreign clientele.

We have lived together for quite some time and I knew she was unhappy with the dinner so I ask her. She then told me what she was unhappy with.

While she was raised in a poor family she has experienced a wide variety of different foods as I am a pretty good cook with extensive experience in different nationalities.

Well then maybe it's a conspirasy.........the fine art of crab mentality coupled with sabotage and foreigner envy sprinkled with a liberal portion of BS. However, I do feel that your complaint should have been lodged with the establishment before broadcasting on a public forum. Then if your complaint fell upon deaf ears, post until your heart is content. Further more I did not insinuate your g/f was a dog. You said she make some reference to it being something fed to a dog. I only pointed out that the average filipino dog should be so lucky! Expressing a legitimate complaint for something you paid for and are not happy with is not considered a whiner or complainer if done in a way to help one improve their product or service. More times then not it will be welcomed.

• Like 3

Your gf said she was full, which was a lie. You didn't notice if the chicken was part of a neck and a small piece of back, so was that another lie? Also, I use to live in Cebu City and eat in restaurants with Filipinas, almost all of the pork they ate was nearly all fat. I use to ask them what happened to the meat, did the cook eat it and leave the fat for sale?

When my gf and I ate in Our Place our food was excellent and it was almost more than we could eat.

• Like 1
Stranded Shipscook

mmh, dear John, honestly and well meant. After reading the last sentence of your OP and my own one with the reasons stated, why some woman complain i think, your Gf has achieved something.

You said, you are not gonna go there anymore. From my observations and experience that is what some Wifes/Partners want to achieve, to separate their beloved one from influence of others.

Not that i insist on that in your case, please do not get that wrong, i know too little, but as a hint it may be worth to take into consideration.

She may really just simply didn't like the food and maybe the cook had a bad day. But its just an exemption and you should give it another try before submitting to a personal ban of this establishment.

Or at least ... don't give up your habbit of frequenting where you enjoyed.

Edited by CATMAN
  • Like 3

Okay, guys. John and his g/f went to OP and had a meal. One was great, the other not so good. It happens. It isn't the first time it will happen, and it will not be the last.

I feel that, since John is a regular customer there, as I am, I'm sure that either Little Rose (who is in charge when Greg isn't around) or Greg, will sort this for him.