David_LivinginTalisay

Hi all,

This is just to give you an idea of how the rates are in the market today. To be honest, all the contractors I've worked with usually have a uniform quotation, and these quotations are normally classified as low-end, mid-end and high-end.

• low-end would normally range from Php10,000/square to Php12,000/square.
  • mid-end would normally range from Php13,000/square to Php15,000/square.
  • high-end is Php15,000 and up.

Low-cost housing uses Php8,000 per square to build a house shell, no finishes, similar to what gawad kalinga usually does for their housing projects.

So, if you want to outfit a condo, I would personally suggest we use the mid-end price bracket.

I hope my two cents will give you a better idea.

Thanks,

Toe-knee

Toni,

I think there is something wrong with your computation here?

I understood such estimates of Php13,000 - Php15,000 per sq m is what would be quoted for an entire house which would include the foundations the steel rebar concrete columns and beams, steel rebar concrete floors, steel roofing frame, roofing, concrete hollow bock walls, conduits, electrics, plumbing, septic tank etc.

As all this already provided in the construction of Ramos Tower, then the cost of finishing and fitting out should be under Php14,000 per sq m that FTRDC were quoting and what Toni seems to also be suggesting?

Why do I say this - because BS Simbahon Construction built us a 3 Storey Extension to the 30 sq m house on a 120sq m Lot that my wife bought for just Php630,000. This added an additional 106 sq m of Floor area approx and cost Php1.16M, so all that was under Php11K per sq m.

See my Chief Architect CAD drawings Our-House_CA-Drawing-Pics

tn_gallery_198_595_45645.jpgtn_gallery_198_595_74596.jpgtn_gallery_198_595_24350.jpg

Then see the Photos of Our House showing what BS Simbajon Construction created from such CAD Drawings/images Our_House

gallery_198_594_13155.jpggallery_198_594_26225.jpg

We used standard Door and Drawer Fronts from Budget Builders together with Mouldings and Cornice, and the carcase was constructed from Marine Ply.

Considering this was the 1st European Style Design Kitchen, they had ever built, I think it turned out pretty good [- what do you think?

Therefore I think that a mini version of this would look excellent as classy fitted Kitchen, in the Apartment.

I really can't see it costing that much to create a Mini Kitchen, with built in cupboards , Granite worktops with sink (and perhaps small Hob incorporated) and tiled walls.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• David_LivinginTalisay

• zanyzapper

• vguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MyAussie mate who lives behind me, yeah, the one who makes the cane/mahogany furniture, well he was a builder in Australia years ago and built over 400 houses. He does a lot of work for folks in the 4

i have done more building in the last 7 years then anyone here and if there is one thing that is solid is the amount of smoke blowing in the air when it comes to prices.. seems like a battle is brewi

That is your opinion and seems like you don't appreciate my time and effort, spent composing a reply!   This was the OP Question:-   This was the bit where I Answered such Question:-     So I

Posted Images

smokey

i have done more building in the last 7 years then anyone here and if there is one thing that is solid is the amount of smoke blowing in the air when it comes to prices.. seems like a battle is brewing in here on who is the expert on cost... GET 3 bids on each job or take it in the shorts.. and remember a contract in the philippines in construction is most useful as scratch paper to doodle on as they sure dont hold any chance in hatie of getting any money back ... never meet a contractor that did not underbid the job and then slide in the extra cost to the customer its just the way things are done here... no bond,, no contractors insurance to go after... to all the forum members who now have condo units they bought sight UN seen and now find themselves having to dish out more and more and more $$$ well now you know why a pre build condo that sold for 2 m is now finished and for sale at 4 m its not a scam its the reality of what the condo really cost.. they do the same thing with houses.... Sure sir i can build this for 12,000 a sq meter i will sign a paper just give me a paper sir , i am the most honest person you will ever meet.... welcome to the world of construction... GET 3 BIDS.....<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

• Like 2
smokey

Toni,

I understood such estimates of Php13,000 - Php15,000 per sq m is what would be quoted for an entire house which would include the foundations the steel rebar concrete columns and beams, steel rebar concrete floors, steel roofing frame, roofing, concrete hollow bock walls, conduits, electrics, plumbing, septic tank etc.

As all this already provided in the construction of Ramos Tower, then the cost of finishing and fitting out should be under Php14,000 per sq m that FTRDC were quoting and what Toni seems to also be suggesting?

Why do I say this - because BS Simbahon Construction built us a 3 Storey Extension to the 30 sq m house on a 120sq m Lot that my wife bought for just Php630,000. This added an additional 106 sq m of Floor area approx and cost Php1.16M, so all that was under Php11K per sq m.

See my Chief Architect CAD drawings Our-House_CA-Drawing-Pics

tn_gallery_198_595_45645.jpgtn_gallery_198_595_74596.jpgtn_gallery_198_595_24350.jpg

Then see the Photos of Our House showing what BS Simbajon Construction created from such CAD Drawings/images Our_House

We used standard Door and Drawer Fronts from Budget Builders together with Mouldings and Cornice, and the carcase was constructed from Marine Ply.

Considering this was the 1st European Style Design Kitchen, they had ever built, I think it turned out pretty good [- what do you think?

Therefore I think that a mini version of this would look excellent as classy fitted Kitchen, in the Apartment.

I really can't see it costing that much to create a Mini Kitchen, with built in cupboards , Granite worktops with sink (and perhaps small Hob incorporated) and tiled walls.

David are you just sharing information or are you trying to line up some customers for this construction company ... maybe you can get them to take an add on the forum ....

David_LivinginTalisay

I thought it might be useful to this THREAD to show WHAT can be BUILT/Produced, for WHAT Price, and used real life example (even if it a few years out of date, for prices - but quality is still relevant, surely?).

I showed what one builder produced for Php1.16M that was for 106 sq m of additional Floor Area in a 3 Storey extension.

Back then it was under Php11K for the entire stuctural Construction, the finishing and the fitting.

This is why I can't understand why it should cost more, to do a lot less as ALL the construction is complete?

It is wrong to base a Construction Quote for a complete house, for Finishing and fitting an existing property.

It should be a Remodelling Quote not a Construction Quote with pricing Rates different to reflect the lack of any structure.

Many have been to my house and know what it looks like, and should be able to confirm if it was indeed reasonable quality for very reasonable price @ under Php11k per sq m. back then.

Not saying one can get it at that same price today, as the cost of Steel and Cement went up a lot since, and the cost of everything has increased,

I will get a Quote from B.S. Simbajon Construction for finishing and Fitting out my Ramos Tower Condo to compare with the ones Billy Reese used on his Tower 3, Loft Unit, and will seek a 3rd one also.

I suggest others get 3 Quotes also.

I will add that not every Company is out to rip you off as Smokey (Robert51) suggests.

B.S. Simbajon completed the work in under 3 months (this was longer than quoted, but there was a death in his Family' and GMA visited APO Cement and he had to pull a lot of guys off working on our project to 'tart the place up' for her visit - they had ongoing Contract for work @`Apo Cement), This was still completed same or sooner as others quoted. It also only came out slightly more than what was quoted. This was because the design plans got altered - some things dropped, changed or added. It was all calculated, itemized and priced accordingly.

One disadvantageof B.S Simbajon being the Building Permit submission! They quoted the REAL estimate of building what was on the plans, not some fudged figures, so one pays less Tax. As a consequence the Tax we pay is based on what it actually cost to build. You can be Taxed on the true appraised value of the property, not what was put in the Building Permit however - which ever is higher!

arkitek toeknee

Toni,

-I MUST SAY THAT, yeah David you're right in saying that : Php13,000 - Php15,000 per sq m is what would be quoted for an entire house.

I emailed the picture of your bare unit to one contractor also giving him the area of the unit, I asked him to give me his rough estimate about how the cost would be just by basing it on the picture and your given specifications. To my surprise, he answered back saying he'll quote it between 25thousand - 40thousand per square meter. I was dumbfounded....

-are you sure this was their first European Style Design Kitchen? they could have just said that to impress you..... well, i'm not into this kind of design style, but looking at the picture, the workmanship seems pretty well done.

-Rough cost quotation is just to give an idea of how the project cost will be, contractors or not, estimates are there for you to prepare the expected expenses.

If we have to design the whole area and clearly specify all specific and detailed materials to be used, then that's where I guess the exact expenses will come out.

again, I am not the seasoned builder. But these are my opinions based on what I have experienced so far. :yahoo:

Edited by arkitek toeknee
smokey

i once owned a motorcycle so i guess that makes me an expert on everything motorcycle ... hummmmm fitting out is not rocket science its some tile a little wood work and paint... most of us here could if we had the tools do it ourselves... dont let the fancy words... fitting.. scare you into thinking you need help to make your condo livable.. lots of hungry builders out there willing to work cheap...maybe the powers to be would allow us to start a list of trades people we have used so the new guys can get bids on what they need....

• Like 1
Davaoeno

Maybe I missed it , [ and admittedly i'm too lazy to read all the very lengthy posts] but Mr Toeknee, would you clarify something for me. When it is stated that the costs were:

<li>low-end would normally range from Php10,000/square to Php12,000/square.

<li>mid-end would normally range from Php13,000/square to Php15,000/square.

<li>high-end is Php15,000 and up.

Is that the approximate costs for construction of a building including the finishing costs, or just the finishing costs ?? David's comments about his addition got me a bit confused- but i do appreciate why he mentioned it .

Edited by davaolife
Davaoeno

i once owned a motorcycle so i guess that makes me an expert on everything motorcycle ... hummmmm fitting out is not rocket science its some tile a little wood work and paint... most of us here could if we had the tools do it ourselves... dont let the fancy words... fitting.. scare you into thinking you need help to make your condo livable.. lots of hungry builders out there willing to work cheap...maybe the powers to be would allow us to start a list of trades people we have used so the new guys can get bids on what they need....

wow! you used to own a motorcycle smokey ? thats very impressive.

Please dont let smokey's post fool you folks- doing the finishing work is NOT easy, and requires a much higher skill level than the guy who puts up your walls and puts your roof on . [ ever wonder why they call them finishing carpenters? and why they command a premium wage ? its coz anyone can hammer a nail into a board- but it takes real skill to make the end result look like something you are proud of ]

• Like 1
arkitek toeknee

Maybe I missed it , [ and admittedly i'm too lazy to read all the very lengthy posts] but Mr Toeknee, would you clarify something for me. When it is stated that the costs were:

<li>low-end would normally range from Php10,000/square to Php12,000/square.

<li>mid-end would normally range from Php13,000/square to Php15,000/square.

<li>high-end is Php15,000 and up.

Is that the approximate costs for construction of a building including the finishing costs, or just the finishing costs ?? David's comments about his addition got me a bit confused- but i do appreciate why he mentioned it .

The quotation I gave are based from the contractors who quote for my projects, and as I may clarify, these are quotations for building a structure including finishing. So I guess that's what David was wanting to clarify, since it would be understandably cheaper if works are just for the interior finish.

hope that clarifies the issue.

toe-knee

Edited by arkitek toeknee
smokey

wow! you used to own a motorcycle smokey ? thats very impressive.

Please dont let smokey's post fool you folks- doing the finishing work is NOT easy, and requires a much higher skill level than the guy who puts up your walls and puts your roof on . [ ever wonder why they call them finishing carpenters? and why they command a premium wage ? its coz anyone can hammer a nail into a board- but it takes real skill to make the end result look like something you are proud of ]

most of the finish is done by guys who charge less then 800 p a day so the need to hire a finish guy so you can pay the worker and the guy to watch the worker is silly.... you need tile hire a tile guy ,,, wood work hire a guy to do that but to hire someone and pay them big bucks for such a small job is just wasting money i run most of my own jobs and use common sence to get them done... i say hey lets use this tile and no grout and they say ok sir and do it.. if paul would let us we can add phone numbers and names of people we have used and then the new guys can get a bid from a few ....

Edited by smokey
smokey

i am remodeling an area of 140 sq meters and added a cr, new kitchen , new wood work and new tile , 3 air con units a new ref, stove , bed ,, re paint . etc etc even some work on the outside so far i have spent 359,000p... so how much should it cost to do 27 sq meters...??? i let the painters bid thier job ,, the tile guy i am paying for two of them 5,000 a week for 6 days.. the wood work is per bid per piece... so far labour has been about 20%

so do they need to hire a contractor for 400,000p to do 27 sq meters????

Edited by smokey
  • Like 1
smokey

anyone who wants to see smokeys job as its on going is welcome if you like the work you see i will give you the name of the guy who did it and you can work your own deal and to be safe always get a few bids... keeps everyone honest... so if you want to see what i have gotten myself into this month come on over... vista grande subdivision on the south road on the border of cebu and talisay... google earth even has smokeys house in it.... yippie..

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

The quotation I gave are based from the contractors who quote for my projects, and as I may clarify, these are quotations for building a structure including finishing. So I guess that's what David was wanting to clarify, since it would be understandably cheaper if works are just for the interior finish.

hope that clarifies the issue.

toe-knee

Toe-knee,

Yes that is exactly the point I was making, these Quotes of 15k per sq m is the Entire Building on a Lot, with foundations, septic tank, structural Columns and beam rebar reinforced floors, CHB wall with rebar, windows, doors, electic, plumbing, Roof.

All that already done and paid for so FTRDC charging 14K per sq m to Finsh and additional Php13.5K to fit out and furnish, making Php27.5K per sq m to a Bare Finished Condo, ready to rent out and taking 9 months before one can get rental Income with 50% down payment 3 months before they even starts, seems a big rip off!

Way too high even at the most luxurious finish and furnishing IMO and to pay so much up front and take 9 months before getting ROI, is robbery!

Perhaps we could see what the HLURB say about this?

I objected to getting hit with i) 78% increase in Cost of Joining Condotel Leaseback than we had been conned into believing with their presentation wording, ii) Having to pay Php392,125 (50%) by end of September, 25% by end of December (Ph196,652.50) and same again by end of March, iii) Rental Pool not starting to end of Q2 (1st Juy 2012 before any ROI).

Seems others others also feel 'cheated' by what FTRDC said the cost of Joining was going to be, Then recently they reveal it ends up being 178% of what they conned us into thinking the cost of Joining that Leaseback Program was to be as additional payments? There are taxes also, that they did not include!

If you don't sign up to Condotel Leaseback Program, FTRDC say they could FINISH for Php11-12K per sq m (more than the cost of building an entire house) then there will be Furnishing and Appliances on top of that!

smokey

there is a reason foreigners are allowed to buy a condo and its not because they are cool guys... all building in the philippines is the same... almost all of us never before had a custom built home and when you buy a tract home it has everything.... i have had lots of homes over the years in the west and almost everyone only needed a ref and furniture to move in.. here you need even the kitchen sink is extra.. everyone says... hey them condos were only 2 million last year and this guy wants 4 for his now you know why... of course most guys will say hey why buy this guys condo for 4 when i can get a brand new one for only 3 well it will be 3 for the condo and another 2 to make it liveable..so the used one is the better deal....

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

there is a reason foreigners are allowed to buy a condo and its not because they are cool guys... all building in the philippines is the same... almost all of us never before had a custom built home and when you buy a tract home it has everything.... i have had lots of homes over the years in the west and almost everyone only needed a ref and furniture to move in.. here you need even the kitchen sink is extra.. everyone says... hey them condos were only 2 million last year and this guy wants 4 for his now you know why... of course most guys will say hey why buy this guys condo for 4 when i can get a brand new one for only 3 well it will be 3 for the condo and another 2 to make it liveable..so the used one is the better deal....

Smokey (aka Robert51),

You are beginning to sound like a 'stuck record', repeating a sentance or two, over and over?

You also see seem to be missing the point here!

If one can build an entire house (with all the foundation preparation , Septic tanks, and all the structural Building (foundations, floors, Columns, Beams, Roof) together with walls, ceilings, door , windows, electric, plumbing, basic kitchen with sink, basic toilet with basin and toilet bowl/cistern and shower, painted walls and ceiling, possibly tiling on floors and in CR) for Php15K per sq m, why should FTRDC be Quoting Php14K for FINISHING only when all structural Work etc is already done, and paid for already.

Paying Php2M for Bare Finish ,and then paying say an additional Php200K for Finishing is one thing, but to pay Php2M, and then be charged Php385K for Finishing or more, is something else!

My theory is that FTRDC don't want the finshed price of Ramos Tower Units coming onto the market, ready for occupancy (finished, but unfurnished) @ say under Php2.6M?

They might then find it more difficult to sell Studio Units in City Loft Development? Completon is December 2012, as work on the foundations only recently progressed to something visible over the fence?

These are mostly smaller 24 sq m Studio Units, but finished and fitted out, inclusive of Taxes and International 'A' Membership of Club Ultima included in the Price (worth nearly Php500K). Some may find the location (near the intersection with Jolibee, the other end of 'Mango Ave' and around the corner), less attractive for renting out possibly also (further from Club Ultima for those wanting to use Gym and Pools, and the Night Life)?