David_LivinginTalisay

david is that what your place looks like now finished or is that your plan ? i hope your not going to collect advance booking from foreigners for your place till its done, have you gotten a cost on the pictured finishing? looks good i will say

july29skyline3.jpg

Robert,

If you check my Airbnb Listing you ought to notice it is not available until after December 2011

Airbnb handles the taking of the money, and only once the Host and the Guest are satisfied, and after AirbnB have verified the Guest (e-mail and telephone contacts and GEO filtering checks). My contact details have already been verified by AirBnB.

So those 2 x Inquiries already knew about the availability, as well as all parties seeking such accommodation.

I also replied to those 2 interested parties, informing them that it is still under construction, having had the 'Topping off' earlier this year, and the expected handover of my Studio Unit is "December 2011 or sooner".

I also add the pictures featured are of the Show Flat and my aim is to make my Apartment look similar to that (another reason for NOT signing up to Crown Regency Condotel Leasback as spending 27.5K per sq m would still not look like their Show Flat, more like a Hotel Bedroom)

Ok david, no problem. I spend half the year in cebu, 2 three month stints each, so even if things dont work out for
January,
i will still be interested for
future stays
, so please keep me on your radar.

I have not got the Quotes for finishing yet, but going on what Billy Rees paid for his Loft Unit Finishing and Fitting out in Tower 3, it likely to be less than what Crown Regency were wanting paid by end of September (and that was only 50% of their Total).

large.jpg

Typical Living Room with Sofa Bed, and Balcony

large.jpg

Typical Dining & Kitchen area. Bathroom to right

All units are delivered as bare unit, without paint, partition or fixtures.

Studio Unit Floor Plan with suggested fitting out (not Condotel Leaseback Design)

ramos-tower.jpg

If anyone wants to submit Quotes to create a Studio Unit similar to the Show Flat version (without appliances and furniture), from the bare unit, without paint, partition or fixtures. as handed over (looking somewhat like this bare unit, but having the front door and pation windows and doors fitted, then feel welcome to send me a PM.

img2898n.jpg

Once the apartment is finished , ready for appliances and furnishing, I might contact that guy wanting to rent twice a year for 3 month bookings each time, if he wanted to rent unfurnished, or to comment on proposed furnishings and appliances.

I would still have him book through AirBnbB, the 1st time at least, for security checks and safeguards.

6085895278_d2be486cbe_b.jpg

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• David_LivinginTalisay

• zanyzapper

• vguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MyAussie mate who lives behind me, yeah, the one who makes the cane/mahogany furniture, well he was a builder in Australia years ago and built over 400 houses. He does a lot of work for folks in the 4

i have done more building in the last 7 years then anyone here and if there is one thing that is solid is the amount of smoke blowing in the air when it comes to prices.. seems like a battle is brewi

That is your opinion and seems like you don't appreciate my time and effort, spent composing a reply!   This was the OP Question:-   This was the bit where I Answered such Question:-     So I

Posted Images

David_LivinginTalisay

Appreciate the comments and its good to know there are people willing to help!

David - I like the way the apartment is in the photo's..looks very comfortable. You could always just do the fittings and lease the place out as unfurnished until you get money to furnish? I saw the pics of Billy's Ramos 3 Tower apartment and I was very impressed...would be keen to hear what the quotes are.

Would be cool if they itemized so as to show what needs done and how much for... i have tried researching "fittings" on the net to find out what's involved but no luck.

Perhaps Artitek Toni would have an idea from seeing that Photo of bare finish Studio Unit, the Floor Plan for 24.5 sq m + 3 sq m balcony and the images of the Show Flat, for what is needed and through his contacts get some 'ball park figures' on provision of materials and Labor costs to install and finish?

These are some of my ideas on what needs to be done/considered. Perhaps others can think of more or alternatives that should be considered? I am considering this for rental but also possibly longer term residence?

My son Paul (who owns 50% of the Condo now) might want to live here for a while in the future before deciding if he wants to reside here permanently perhaps. I already have inquiries from someone looking to stay 3 months at a time. They don't want a 'hotel bedroom' for that length of time.

• TV and Games Console, with Surround Sound
  • Proper full size Fridge and Freezer, not just a Bar Fridge
  • Hob as well as Microwave.
  • Storage space
  • Lounge Sofa (Futton) that converts to Double Bed

post-198-0-92920200-1318223176_thumb.jpg

1. Provision of Shower with sliding doors
  2. Toilet and hand basin
  3. Non-slip floor tiles with drainage in bathroom
  4. Wall Tiling (full) in bathroom
  5. Kitchen floor unit with cupboard and drawers
  6. Work top, incorporating a sink and possibly small hob.
  7. Breakfast bar
  8. Space for full Fridge Freezer behind mini-wall by entrance door
  9. 3 pin electrical outlets (universal)
    post-198-0-67871200-1318223706_thumb.jpg
  10. Ceiling Lights, Wall lights,Conduits and switches including balcony. (Optionally consider LED lights_
  11. Optional Conduits for wired in Surround Sound Speakers from TV/ Amp (Conduit for Speakers in Bathroom)
  12. False ceiling (hardiflex?) in Kitchen/lounge (and balcony?)
  13. False Ceiling in Bathroom (With extractor if one not supplied?)
  14. Wiring/socket conduits for Pipes for Split Type Air conditioner.
  15. Floor covering in Kitchen/Lounge (Tiles or laminated needs to be durable, long lasting and low maintenance?)
  16. Floor Covering on Balcony - non-slip tiles?

post-198-0-92207400-1318223172_thumb.jpg post-198-0-65554700-1318223180_thumb.jpg post-198-0-10392400-1318223182_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-45793800-1318223175_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-21543500-1318223179_thumb.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

@ Arkitek Toni,

Toni while composing my reply and thinking of floor covering - Tile or whatever, I was thinking of this laminated Flooring but have no idea and no experience of how well it stands up and what if pipes leaked and it got soaked, would it stand up to it?

Whilst looking via Google search for answers to this, I came across 'Bamboo Flooring'

I am not talking about what you might find in a Nippa Hut here!

Not all bamboo flooring is created equal.

Preferred by builders and homeowners, Cali Bamboo flooring is the perfect union of beauty, sustainability, and uncompromised strength and durability.

• Hardest Floors in the World! HD ColorGrain Janka Tested 5000+lbs
  • Industry leading 10 coat scratch resistant finish
  • 30+ colors and styles to choose from including Wide Plank and Distressed
  • Ultra Low VOC; No added Urea Formaldehyde
  • Most environmentally sustainable wood on earth
  • Designed to install over any subfloor

Strips are cut from whole bamboo canes and are boiled to remove sugars and preserve the wood. Only premium quality strips are selected for manufacturing, while lower quality strips are sold to discount flooring companies. After 15 days of treatment and drying, a final moisture content of 6%-8% is achieved to ensure optimum stability. Whether you choose to nail, glue or float, CaliBamboo's tongue and groove system make every floor installation a breeze.

View the HD ColorGrain™ Bamboo Flooring press release here.

Forget it - 15 Year Warranty but check this out

It is the owner's responsibility to provide and maintain appropriate humidity levels between 40%-60% via the use of humidifier and/or de-humidifier. Failure to do so will void warranty

Forget it, humidity too high in the Philippines for any laminated Flooring, including bamboo I think, stick to tlles!

Make sure you use a reputable company, with experience and good track record of laying TILES. They lay on level floor (or one with slight gradient for water run off) using special Tile adhesive and the notched application tool so it has the adhesive in ridges before laying each tile. Gently tapping to align with datum using Spirit Level to check it flat and level in 4 directions (or with half bubble, in direction of water run off, ie towards the drain hole in a bathroom shower or drain hole in floor)

arkitek toeknee

david, i'll reply to this post when i get home... just checking through for now :notallthere:

wow thanks alot everybody for some some great points and different ideas. it is a ramos tower unit and yeah that pic from david is a little scary ...not how you imagine it ! i couldnt agree more about FTRDC condotel project. i was planning on doing it before seeing the total price of fitting and furnishing is 780,000 pesos. furious about also being totaly deceived, as are many other involved i have been in contact with from the group mail ftrdc sent us.i doubt anyone will join.thanks also wombat and smokey for the leads , i will look into them . much appreciated everybody !

I bought also one unit from Ramos Tower and P780k for finishing and furnishing is very high price. I was prepared also to pay P15k/sqm. Feels like have been mislead on purpose. How can trust that there is no other devious suprises along the road if join to rental pool ? Maybe not but can't be sure of that. What if make joint consumer complaint letter and give them url where they can read it so that they know how many feels deceived by them. Just an idea. English is not my mother tongue so I'm not the best person for that job.

David_LivinginTalisay

I bought also one unit from Ramos Tower and P780k for finishing and furnishing is very high price. I was prepared also to pay P15k/sqm. Feels like have been mislead on purpose. How can trust that there is no other devious suprises along the road if join to rental pool ? Maybe not but can't be sure of that. What if make joint consumer complaint letter and give them url where they can read it so that they know how many feels deceived by them. Just an idea. English is not my mother tongue so I'm not the best person for that job.

I suggested forming a Facebook Group called Ramos Towers Owners Group (RTOG) or Ramos Owners Action Group (ROAG) or something.

Did not get a supportive reception with anyone saying they would sign up, so guess not wanting to post publicly against FTRDC and Crown Regency Hotels Group?

By forming a Group we could Group Hire, 1 x Architect to come up with design for fitting out and furnishing of Standard Studio Apartment.

Draw up Specifications and Bill of Materials, act as Clerk of Works to check work is being carried out to desired quality, and timescales.

Get Group Discount on buying Materials, Fittings and appliances (Electrical Sockets and Switches, Lamp fixtures, Shower.and Shower Doors, Mirrors, Lights, worktops, Sinks, Toilet, Hob, Tiles etc)

• Like 2

Hi David - wow you are good at publishing.. are you an editor in a magazine? :notallthere:

The bamboo flooring looks great - but it might be prone to buckling/bending if it is not laid out properly - my friend had her's done and it lifts up when the temp changes... however the bamboo floor might be thicker and therefore okay.

Yes tiles would be best for heat - i would think different tiles in bathroom so as to stop the place looking monotonous.

For the kitchen would you need to punch out a hole for the extractor fan? A hob would be great and give the place a homely feel.

Medium fridge/freezer would be cool - no pun intended :scratch_head: however if someone wants a good nights sleep it would have to be a quiet one!

A microwave/grill combo would be handy when wanting to roast a chicken or make cheese on toast.

Wow - in looking at your list 1 - 16 i am impressed.. i like the universal power sockets! Will the phone/internet and intercom wiring already be in place? Must be aye..

Also since room is limited - the kitchen cupboards could be a good place for storage

A desk and chair would be good as well - just like in your photo. I actually really like how it is in the photo apart from the kitchen colour

Hoping to find out soon when the actual hand-over date is and when work is allowed to be done on the appartments..

Another consideration is that if you get the place done / livable before the rest of the floor.. then it could be noisey for a while.

Can one water heater/pump to share with kitchen/Bathroom?

Bulk buying and using same tradesmen might be a goer if all agrees.. i don't mind not being first..

take care!

Davaoeno

Yes tiles would be best for heat - i would think different tiles in bathroom so as to stop the place looking monotonous.

Actually in a place that small you might find that using one flooring thruout makes the place look bigger

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

Hi David - wow you are good at publishing.. are you an editor in a magazine? :ROFLMAO:

The bamboo flooring looks great - but it might be prone to buckling/bending if it is not laid out properly - my friend had her's done and it lifts up when the temp changes... however the bamboo floor might be thicker and therefore okay.

Tiles are probably best, they are available in different 'wear' qualities and one can get non-slip for wet areas like bathroom and balcony

For the kitchen would you need to punch out a hole for the extractor fan?

FTRDC ought to have provided a VentilationDuct for the Bathroom as I think this is a requirement if no window in the Building Code (perhaps Arkitek ToeKnee could confirm)?

A hob would be great and give the place a homely feel.

If you want an Extractor Fan over a Hob, ducted to the outside is best, but don't know if this could be linked to any vent duct, provided for the bathroom? Guess it depends if there is space in the ceiling void above a false ceiling, and if the wall through to the kitchen was load bearing or not. The alternative is ducting it above the false ceiling to the Balcony, but that will lower the ceiling height as I am sure the beam is load bearing so would need to go below it which probably counts that out. Again Arkitek ToeKnee or Structural Engineer (in the UK the Architect is also trained as a Structural Engineer and Electician and plumber whicjh is why is takes 10 years training - I considered it but become Electronics Engineer) may be able to advise, if he gets to see the Engineering Drawings

Medium fridge/freezer would be cool - no pun intended :ROFLMAO:

Electrolux used to have a reputation for being very quiet as the used an absorption refrigerator design (1957), with no compressor? Don't know if that still the case today.

I think modern high efficiency compressor designs are pretty quiet however.

A microwave/grill combo would be handy when wanting to roast a chicken or make cheese on toast.

Just need a power Socket to plug one in. I suggested that Universal Sockets throughout since any type of Plug should fit

For Microwave however you need 60Hz Model 240V. I brought a nice big stainless steel one with grill from Hong Kong but was 50Hz! Needs a replacement Magnatron as burnt out using high power to cook a Turkey!

Wow - in looking at your list 1 - 16 i am impressed.. i like the universal power sockets!

Will the phone/internet and intercom wiring already be in place? Must be aye..

They say the apartments are wired for phone/DSL but no Carrier has wired the building when I last asked, so dont know if Cable TV also will be provided. I menioned this to check and see if the Socket will be where we want it I suggest near the breakfast -bar?

Also since room is limited - the kitchen cupboards could be a good place for storage

Not a concerm for Condotel Leasback Program (how many book Hotel Rooms for long periods), but could be a conern if someone wanting to rent for 3 month periods or longer!

A desk and chair would be good as well - just like in your photo. I actually really like how it is in the photo apart from the kitchen colour

It is a breakfast-bar with stools actually, for eating breakfast (or any othe rmeals) as no room for proper dining table. How many actually sit down at a tanle to eat unless it is outside? many would eat on a sofa and use a coffe tablem while watching TV, perhaps?

Hoping to find out soon when the actual hand-over date is and when work is allowed to be done on the appartments.

Depends what floor your Unit is on?

They seem to be working from the bottom upwards and already fitted the Glass Windows/Doors to Level 5 or 6 I think? My Unit is on Floor 15 facing the Mountains

Another consideration is that if you get the place done / livable before the rest of the floor.. then it could be noisey for a while.

Well my son and I, both have cash flow problems righ now, so cant afford to hire anyone to start work even if FTRDC said they could go in before handover

Can one water heater/pump to share with kitchen/Bathroom?

The developer should have designed it to ensire asequate water pressure for all floors, so doubt if you need a pressure pump?

However an Instant Heat Shower would need the electric supply disigning in during the Fitting out, with Earthing. One can buy pressure flow activation im 'MultiPoint version that could supply hot water to Kitchen also, as well as Bathroom sink. Again this needs designing in, so the pipes are run in during the fitting out

Bulk buying and using same tradesmen might be a goer if all agrees.. i don't mind not being first..

Bulk buying should mean increased discounts for everyone and dont all have to buy exactly the same furniture and appliances.

We experienced getting discount as an individual household becuse we bought Air Conditioners, Fridge, and Furnitire, all from same store over the years That Store was BLIMS in Ayala Ceter with its attached Appliance Center.

I dont know about others my son says he prefers a Futton style Sofa Bed that converts into a Bed, rather than it looking like a Hotel Bedroom all the time.

I dont go for the color much but here is one such Sofa Bed that can be bought from China

Sofa_Bed_With_Attractive_Appearance_Ginotti_GPS6058.jpg

here is another style from another company in China

modern_sofa_bed_MD679.jpg

modern sofa bed MD679

modern_fabric_sofa_bed_AP09.jpg

modern fabric sofa bed AP09

leisure_functional_sofa_bed_TD278.jpg

leisure functional sofa bed TD278

modern_sofa_bed_frame_MD670.jpg

modern sofa bed frame MD670

modern_sofa_bed_design_080321.jpg

modern sofa bed design 080321

If we can get an Architect / Cerk of Works to oversea the work being done, he can look after several teams of tradesman, having a Forman in charge I woud imagine? A Carpenter making/installing custom designed Kitchen units, might be another issue. You solve this by utilising standard ready made doors and droor fronts

take care!

• Like 1
arkitek toeknee

Hi all,

This is just to give you an idea of how the rates are in the market today. To be honest, all the contractors I've worked with usually have a uniform quotation, and these quotations are normally classified as low-end, mid-end and high-end.

• low-end would normally range from Php10,000/square to Php12,000/square.
  • mid-end would normally range from Php13,000/square to Php15,000/square.
  • high-end is Php15,000 and up.

Low-cost housing uses Php8,000 per square to build a house shell, no finishes, similar to what gawad kalinga usually does for their housing projects.

So, if you want to outfit a condo, I would personally suggest we use the mid-end price bracket.

Now let's try to compute and let's take David's condo as an example, still conforming to his given specifications:

• Provision of Shower with sliding doors - check for sale items at Home and Builders or at Bionic Builders
  • Toilet and hand basin - check for discounted toilet sets. Robin Homes has the cheapest mid-end toilet fixtures
  • Non-slip floor tiles with drainage in bathroom - The Tile Shop at Magallanes St. or Mandaue has a wide selection and reasonable prices
  • Wall Tiling (full) in bathroom - choose bigger tiles say 40cmx40cm or 30cmx60cm; it will come out cheaper.
  • Kitchen floor unit with cupboard and drawers - find a good and reasonable wood worksman/carpenter and paint finisher
  • Work top, incorporating a sink and possibly small hob. - use same carpenter and paint finisher
  • Breakfast bar -same for 5 & 6
  • Space for full Fridge Freezer behind mini-wall by entrance door
  • 3 pin electrical outlets (universal) - buy at Conching Electrical Supply at Manalili St.; they have the most affordable electrical supplies
  • Ceiling Lights, Wall lights,Conduits and switches including balcony. (Optionally consider LED lights_
  • Optional Conduits for wired in Surround Sound Speakers from TV/ Amp (Conduit for Speakers in Bathroom)
  • False ceiling (hardiflex?) in Kitchen/lounge (and balcony?) - Hardiflex for kitchen is the best option, moisture and smoke resistant. Gypsum board for other spaces. Moisture-proof gypsum board for exterior ceiling may be best.
  • False Ceiling in Bathroom (With extractor if one not supplied?)
  • Wiring/socket conduits for Pipes for Split Type Air conditioner. - buy at Conching electrical supply
  • Floor covering in Kitchen/Lounge (Tiles or laminated needs to be durable, long lasting and low maintenance?) - Tiles would come out cheaper and long lasting.
  • Floor Covering on Balcony - non-slip tiles? -Non slip tiles, again at The Tile Shop or Home and Builders, high end tiles at Filmon Hardware.

Now let's compute the approximate cost:

24.5 sq.m @ Php13,500/square meter = Php330,750 ---this is for the interior finishings.

3 sqm @ Php8000/square meter = Php24,000--- a different price range for exterior since what we're looking at here is just the paint, the floor tile works and a few electrical fixtures. Note that this does not include waterproofing works.

total = Php354,750 --- total for the materials cost.

Most contractors charge 30-40% of the material cost for labor cost.

Now, if you hire construction people directly, without going through contractors, this is where you can save the most. Construction workers have two modes of payment:

• the "pakyaw" system or on a per project basis.
  • and the daily rate.

I have worked with tile setters who charge Php200 per square meter of tilable space.

Electricians that charge Php150 per electrical fixtures, on top of their P400 daily rate.

As an example: if you have 5 lights, plus 5 convenience outlets and say 5 switches regardless of how many gangs, that's 15 electrical fixtures x Php150 = Php2250, with an estimated 7 days work, so that's Php2800 for a total of Php5050 for electrical works. This does not include the roughing-in though as well as installation for electrical panel board.

Again, these are people you can directly hire without going through a contractor.

Let's compute labor cost, taking David's condo as an example at 30% of the material cost.

Php354,750 x 0.30 = Php106,425

materials cost = 354,750

labor cost = 106,645

total outfitting cost = Php461,395.

So this would be the rough estimate of the expenses for the outfitting of David's Ramos Tower condo.

Note: others add 10% contingency on top of the total cost, as buffer for the fluctuation of price changes.

I hope my two cents will give you a better idea.

Thanks,

Toe-knee

• Like 1
arkitek toeknee

@ Arkitek Toni,

Toni while composing my reply and thinking of floor covering - Tile or whatever, I was thinking of this laminated Flooring but have no idea and no experience of how well it stands up and what if pipes leaked and it got soaked, would it stand up to it?

Whilst looking via Google search for answers to this, I came across 'Bamboo Flooring'

I am not talking about what you might find in a Nippa Hut here!

It is the owner's responsibility to provide and maintain appropriate humidity levels between 40%-60% via the use of humidifier and/or de-humidifier. Failure to do so will void warranty

Forget it - 15 Year Warranty but check this out

Forget it, humidity too high in the Philippines for any laminated Flooring, including bamboo I think, stick to tlles!

good that you read through the fine lines..... :thumbsup:

Tiles are still the best flooring material to use, methinks personally. Woods tend to "expand" and "contract", with the changing of the weather. Wait for five years or your next renovation before using wood planks on top of a concrete surface. By this time, concrete has finally stopped "moving"

Toe-knee

im the orignal poster of this thread and wow, some really great information comming through , fantasic price break down by arkitek toeknee although its still alot more than i expected for everything.also good leads on where to buy from. i was planning on laminate floors too so great advice agaisnt them. i am aslo aiming at something very similar to the show room pic. i also agree with .... i think it was david suggesting a facebook page. just somewhere where we can all come together with any new news or advice as im sure this thread will soon die and we are all lost again :thumbsup:

i have been concerned with picture , i think david took at the topping off party , witht he rough floors and stuff ...... but ! i sent mam Mherin D. Rodriguez from fuente towers a message lastnight inquiring as to how the finishing will be and was very happy to get this positive reply from her :

As to the unit turn over, it is BARE UNIT WITH COMPLETE PROVISIONS FOR LIGHT, WATER, cable, telephone plumbing. With white painting and smooth finish cement flooring with toilet division already including its door. Lacking things to be done in your unit after turn over is just the tiles, chosen color painting, celing, lighting, connections for utilities. It is purely FINISHING WORKS.

During turn over of the unit, if you are not around, you can send somebody as your representative that will receive the unit in your behalf.

Hope i address your queries.

Thank you.

BTW i also asked her as to the turn over date ............... haha she conviently forgot to answer that ... of course

Davaoeno

If you have any intention of renting a place out make sure you keep 5-10 extra tiles [ of every kind that you use] because the tenants WILL chip them and you will need to replace them. Keep extra matching grout also.

get the rep to send you pics of an actual unit ready for handover- if you read between the lines it sounds more like David portrayed than she tries to make it sound !!

Edited by davaolife
  • Like 2
smokey

im the orignal poster of this thread and wow, some really great information comming through , fantasic price break down by arkitek toeknee although its still alot more than i expected for everything.also good leads on where to buy from. i was planning on laminate floors too so great advice agaisnt them. i am aslo aiming at something very similar to the show room pic. i also agree with .... i think it was david suggesting a facebook page. just somewhere where we can all come together with any new news or advice as im sure this thread will soon die and we are all lost again :)

i have been concerned with picture , i think david took at the topping off party , witht he rough floors and stuff ...... but ! i sent mam Mherin D. Rodriguez from fuente towers a message lastnight inquiring as to how the finishing will be and was very happy to get this positive reply from her :

As to the unit turn over, it is BARE UNIT WITH COMPLETE PROVISIONS FOR LIGHT, WATER, cable, telephone plumbing. With white painting and smooth finish cement flooring with toilet division already including its door. Lacking things to be done in your unit after turn over is just the tiles, chosen color painting, celing, lighting, connections for utilities. It is purely FINISHING WORKS.

During turn over of the unit, if you are not around, you can send somebody as your representative that will receive the unit in your behalf.

Hope i address your queries.

Thank you.

BTW i also asked her as to the turn over date ............... haha she conviently forgot to answer that ... of course

get 3 bids and dont get swept up with the crowd.... the easy way is to just follow the crowd and do your self a big favor and ask if the person doing the work has a lic...

smokey

If you have any intention of renting a place out make sure you keep 5-10 extra tiles [ of every kind that you use] because the tenants WILL chip them and you will need to replace them. Keep extra matching grout also.

get the rep to send you pics of an actual unit ready for handover- if you read between the lines it sounds more like David portrayed than she tries to make it sound !!

sure dont take much to bring out the sales men in us all ...