construction of my condo in cebu will soon be finished and i need to fit it.(it will just be a shell) does anyone know how i can go about finding plumbers ,electricians and carpenters etc...? any advice appreciated :closedeyes:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• smokey

• David_LivinginTalisay

• zanyzapper

• vguy

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MyAussie mate who lives behind me, yeah, the one who makes the cane/mahogany furniture, well he was a builder in Australia years ago and built over 400 houses. He does a lot of work for folks in the 4

i have done more building in the last 7 years then anyone here and if there is one thing that is solid is the amount of smoke blowing in the air when it comes to prices.. seems like a battle is brewi

That is your opinion and seems like you don't appreciate my time and effort, spent composing a reply!   This was the OP Question:-   This was the bit where I Answered such Question:-     So I

Posted Images

why dont you use their people it has to be a real hassel for an outsider mason to work in a condo ... noise , shutting off and on the utilities ,, hauling supplies up and down.. i am doing a remodel of my house and the frigging banging of hammer to cement is driving me crazy and its my house if it was your house i would pitch a fit

Edited by smokey

construction of my condo in cebu will soon be finished and i need to fit it.(it will just be a shell) does anyone know how i can go about finding plumbers ,electricians and carpenters etc...? any advice appreciated :D

all kidding aside if you give me a contact number i will give it to my guys who work at my house i have remodeled at least 4 times in the last 7 years... have a great wood worker , and a great tile guy the plumber is well good but not always on time... the mason is also the tile guy...

Wombat No More

MyAussie mate who lives behind me, yeah, the one who makes the cane/mahogany furniture, well he was a builder in Australia years ago and built over 400 houses. He does a lot of work for folks in the 4 tower highrise complex called City Lights and those folk are very happy with the expertise displayed in his work, especially with the stone tiling he has done extensively for a few. Not only that, but some have asked him to rip out the Filipino done recent work they've had done and do it properly, as there seems to be no Filipino who is expert at his job. As well as that, they are all more expensive than my Aussie mate, who charges a very reasonable price, much cheaper than the so called experts. You can contact him on his email [email protected] or his cell 09285961677... If the mods take this contact info off, then PM me. Rob is looking for work at the moment as things are a bit slow, so now might be a good time to secure his skills. Ooroo, Phil

• Like 2
David_LivinginTalisay

Why dont you use their people it has to be a real hassel for an outsider mason to work in a condo ... noise , shutting off and on the utilities ,, hauling supplies up and down.

I will tell you WHY I won't be using FTRDC / Crown Regency Hotels Inc. to Fit out and Finish my Ramos Tower Condo when it handed over in December 2011 or sooner:-

This is a Studio Unit in Ramos Tower. I presume it come with Windows/Sliding glass Doors, but very little else?

img2898n.jpg

1. Design changed from Show Flat pictures of the Studio Condo - not a proper kitchen any more, for Condotel Leasback Program!
    post-198-0-75771200-1315892182_thumb.jpg

So instead of a 'U' shaped Kitchen having Fridge/Freezer behind a small dividing wall and the worktop having hob and Sink and the Breakfast Bar, it becomes a smaller 'L' shaped kitchenette with only a Mini Fridge and Microwave, and a sink (was not even going to have these!).

post-198-0-59259600-1315892185_thumb.jpg

The emphasis seems to be on installing Twin Beds like a Hotel Room, rather than a Studio Condo (with convertible Double futon sofa bed) being used as a Hotel Room.

2. Pricing - See http://cebuinvestmen...ramos-tower.pdf Same info on many websites selling/promoting Ramos Tower

RAMOS TOWER LEASEBACK PROGRAM

Are there other expenses to be paid by the unit owner upon enrollment in the Lease-Back Program?
    A fee of Fifteen Thousand Pesos(P15,000) per sq.m. is required to be paid by the unit owners upon enrollment to rental pooling to completely furnished the unit with furniture, fixtures and other regular hotel amenities.

A one-time joining fee of Thirty Thousand Pesos (P30,000) is required
    to cover contribution for housekeeping, maintenance, uniforms, linens,
    etc...

* For residential unit owners, they have the option to completely furnished their
    units at Twelve to Fifteen (P 12,000 to P15,000) per sq.m.

FTRDC have recently sent out PLANS and given the pricing with Discounts as they can Bulk Purchase and offer Discounts!
    The cost of FTRDC / Crown Regency completely furnishing your Ramos Tower unit has dropped from Php15,000 per sq m to Php14,000 per sq m

So for 27.5 sq m Condo, this works out to Php385,000.00 not too bad a price if that did completely FINISH and FURNISH and include ALL the appliances including Split level Air-conditioner.

But it does NOT include the cost of FINISHING, that they neglected to mention (deleiberately or otherwise), and this is another Php13,500 per sq m or Php371,250.00 for a 27.5 sq m Studio Unit

So that Studio Unit costing Php2.063M, ends up costing nearly Php2.19M + 1 off payment of Php30,000.00
    if you want to commit to their 10 Year Condotel Leaseback Program!
  3. Payment Schedule: FTRDC want 50% Payment before end of September, 25% by end of December and final 25% by end of March.
  4. Condotel Operation Commencement: Start of 3rd Quarter 2012 ie 1st July 2012

So they have Php378,125.00 for 9 months, then Php189,062.50 for 6 months, then Php189,062.50 for 3 months, then another Month of Condotel Operation 10 months go by, before you see any ROI.
    So you miss out on Letting for Christmas /New Year, Sinulog 2012, Chinese New Year, and Holy Week

So that is why I am seeking alternative Quotes from several Builders (I will get a Quote from the ones that Billy and Eda used, for the labor on their Tower 3 Loft unit and they bought all the materials themselves, for Total cost Php0.5M. Their Loft is 63.5 sq m Total and had additional en-suite bathroom and walk in closet upstairs so additional work walls and and materials and fixtures there, and 2 x False ceilings and enclosed stair well with under storage cupboards).

This works out less than 7.9k per sq m, compared to Php13.5k per sq m for FTRDC doing/arranging the work in Ramos Tower.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 1
Wombat No More

I will tell you WHY I won't be using FTRDC / Crown Regency Hotels Inc. to Fit out and Finish my Ramos Tower Condo when it handed over in December 2011 or sooner:-

Really David, you should have started your own thread for this reply of yours... I mean, it has absolutely nothing to do at all with the topic and will not at all serve the OP and his query.

Edited by WombatPhil
  • Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

Really David, you should have started your own thread for this reply of yours... I mean, it has absolutely nothing to do at all with the topic and will not at all serve the OP and his query.

That is your opinion and seems like you don't appreciate my time and effort, spent composing a reply!

This was the OP Question:-

does anyone know how i can go about finding plumbers ,electricians and carpenters etc...? any advice appreciated

This was the bit where I Answered such Question:-

So that is why I am seeking alternative Quotes from several Builders (I will get a Quote from the ones that Billy and Eda used, for the labor on their Tower 3 Loft unit and they bought all the materials themselves, for Total cost Php0.5M. Their Loft is 63.5 sq m Total and had additional en-suite bathroom and walk in closet upstairs so additional work walls and and materials and fixtures there, and 2 x False ceilings and enclosed stair well with under storage cupboards).

This works out less than 7.9k per sq m, compared to Php13.5k per sq m for FTRDC doing/arranging the work in Ramos Tower.

So I suggested he contact Billy who can decide if he wants to share details of the people he and Eda used for their Tower 3 Loft.

I was actually responding to Smokey's Reply:-

smokey, on 13 September 2011 - 06:53 AM, said:

Why dont you use their people it has to be a real hassel for an outsider mason to work in a condo ... noise , shutting off and on the utilities ,, hauling supplies up and down.

I think I gave reasons, with real life example of why it perhaps better to seek alternative Quotes from 3rd Parties, as Billy Reese showed me that there can be significant cost savings over using the Developer to do the work.

If you get any problems from the Developer causing problems for 3rd parties, ask the HLURB to look into it?

Still think my reply is totally irrelevant - then why not hit the 'REPORT' button and let Admin decide instead, of you acting like a wannabe moderator Mr Wombat.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
  • Like 2

This is a Studio Unit in Ramos Tower. I presume it come with Windows/Sliding glass Doors, but very little else?

img2898n.jpg

1. Design changed from Show Flat pictures of the Studio Condo - not a proper kitchen any more, for Condotel Leasback Program!

So instead of a 'U' shaped Kitchen having Fridge/Freezer behind a small dividing wall and the worktop having hob and Sink and the Breakfast Bar, it becomes a smaller 'L' shaped kitchenette with only a Mini Fridge and Microwave, and a sink (was not even going to have these!).

The emphasis seems to be on installing Twin Beds like a Hotel Room, rather than a Studio Condo (with convertible Double futon sofa bed) being used as a Hotel Room.

2. Pricing - See http://cebuinvestmen...ramos-tower.pdf Same info on many websites selling/promoting Ramos Tower

FTRDC have recently sent out PLANS and given the pricing with Discounts as they can Bulk Purchase and offer Discounts!
    The cost of FTRDC / Crown Regency completely furnishing your Ramos Tower unit has dropped from Php15,000 per sq m to Php14,000 per sq m

So for 27.5 sq m Condo, this works out to Php385,000.00 not too bad a price if that did completely FINISH and FURNISH and include ALL the appliances including Split level Air-conditioner.

But it does NOT include the cost of FINISHING, that they neglected to mention (deleiberately or otherwise), and this is another Php13,500 per sq m or Php371,250.00 for a 27.5 sq m Studio Unit

So that Studio Unit costing Php2.063M, ends up costing nearly Php2.19M + 1 off payment of Php30,000.00

3. Payment Schedule: FTRDC want 50% Payment before end of September, 25% by end of December and final 25% by end of March.

So they have Php378,125.00 for 9 months, then Php189,062.50 for 6 months, then Php189,062.50 for 3 months, then another Month of Condotel Operation 10 months go by, before you see any ROI.
    So you miss out on Letting for Christmas /New Year, Sinulog 2012, Chinese New Year, and Holy Week

for years i have been saying the same thing when you buy a house here the price is often not fitted... i cant count the number of times i was told i have a friend that has a friend who said he knows a builder who can build a house just like yours for only 10 million and yet you want 12 for your house what a rip off... well this house was in fact 10.8 million NOT fitted that cost an extra 2 million ... so now i just say wow great maybe you should hire the guy to build you a few houses

well be happy you only have 28 sq meters to finish just think if you had 400 sq meters to finish..

wow thanks alot everybody for some some great points and different ideas. it is a ramos tower unit and yeah that pic from david is a little scary ...not how you imagine it ! i couldnt agree more about FTRDC condotel project. i was planning on doing it before seeing the total price of fitting and furnishing is 780,000 pesos. furious about also being totaly deceived, as are many other involved i have been in contact with from the group mail ftrdc sent us.i doubt anyone will join.thanks also wombat and smokey for the leads , i will look into them . much appreciated everybody !

Hi Chrissuth -

I am in the same boat. I have an apartment in Ramos Tower and have recently heard about the extra cost for fittings which they did not indicate when I signed the contract. FTRDC / Crown Regency said they are happy to fit/furnish the apartment to my likings (ie studio) but going by their pricing for the condohotel setup i think they would overcharge. I am looking to fit/furnish the place myself through (quality) contractors at a reasonable price.

Hi David - the pic of the apartment looks pretty rough - why is the floor like that? Looks like they did not care to smooth it out.

Anyway guys - any help with fitting my apartment would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Zane

img2898n.jpg

all this and its ONLY 90,000 a sq meter??? looks like 20,000 sq meter style to me the other 70,000 must be for the view..

David_LivinginTalisay

Hi Chrissuth -

I am in the same boat. I have an apartment in Ramos Tower and have recently heard about the extra cost for fittings which they did not indicate when I signed the contract. FTRDC / Crown Regency said they are happy to fit/furnish the apartment to my likings (ie studio) but going by their pricing for the condohotel setup i think they would overcharge. I am looking to fit/furnish the place myself through (quality) contractors at a reasonable price.

Hi David - the pic of the apartment looks pretty rough - why is the floor like that? Looks like they did not care to smooth it out.

Anyway guys - any help with fitting my apartment would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Zane

img2898n.jpg

Saw this Studio Unit when we attended the Topping Oft Ceremony up on the roof.

This may not be how it finally looks when it us handed over in December or sooner. You need to read your Purchase Contract to determine what you get.

Think Ramos Tower Units are supplied Bare Finish, so you can choose the floor covering, the tiles in the bathroom along with Sink, Toilet, Shower, mirrors etc

Since my son Paul is now co-owner of our Ramos Tower Studio unit, he wants it to have a proper Kitchen with Fridge/Freezer, Hot plate as well as a Microwave and plenty of cupboards and drawers.

How about us Owners, who feel let down by FTRDC not revealing the TRUE 'Other Costs' of Joining the CONdotel Leaseback Program, set up a Facebook Blog called perhaps Condo Owners Ramos Tower (CORT) or RAmos Tower Condo Owners (RATCO) or something.

I am sure if we approached FTRDC as a Group, rather than individually, it would probably carry more weight, especially if they thought such Public exposure from many Condo Owners, who feel let down, might affect SALES of other Condo Units (Having said that, their City Loft Codo Units come Finished and with Fittings, but not the Appliances. They also Have all the taxes paid up front, so there should be no 'Extras' to pay unlike Ramos Tower. They say they have 'learned from their earlier 'mistakes/methods', but we are paying the price of them!

yeah sure , i was planning to fight for the condotel option but now i have 100% ruled it out. it seems there were sooo fewe people going to do it anyway and then now with the rush payments needed i doubt if anyone will participate. so i think anyone that did , would be one of few and end up in even more trouble.. what ongoing extra costs do we have ?? just the building maintaince and ...tax also , but thats it right ?? where would start on finding people and how long would it take to fit ?? how many differnt people would be required ?? plumber, electrician, carpeter,anymore ??

I'd be interested to hear about quotes David if that's okay with you... might be handy to use the same tradesmen. Like when the plumber finishes with your apartment he can work on mine or Chris's etc. My apartment is the L shaped one (17) but should have the area for kitchen/bathroom.

Hope you guys are doing well... Xmas is looming up quick! :biggrin_01: