3D TVs

SkyMan

Went to Best Buy (the real one) and it seems that after Avatar 3D, 3D TVs and 3D BluRay DVD players are all the rage. Has anyone noticed these items in Cebu stores?

sure they are there if you have 5 to 7,000 thousand dollars to spend i am sure the price will come down some by the year 2014... when i was in the us i found a 51 inch samsung for 620 dollars that is the price of the 32 inch here...

Mandingo

Yep, prices are dropping and in a couple years they'll be a little more reasonably priced. The 60" HD Panasonic I bought 4 years ago for $2,500 is $1,200 now for the same quality of TV. If I wanted to go to as lessor brand maybe around $800.

They had a 3D TV on display at home at are Sam's club, you could put on some glasses and watch a animated movie they were playing, it was pretty interesting but it wasn't interesting enough to pay what they were asking for it. On a side note I watched Avatar in 3D at a movie theater and it was well worth the money I spent to see it.

In Australia (I don't know about the US,Canada,UK) 3d tv's are starting to lose their appeal. There isn't much content around and most people find the glasses too much of a hassle to wear regularly. Just not worth the money IMHO. We deliberately avoid 3d cinema as my wife and daughter become nauseous after an hour or so. No doubt when manufacturers can no longer move old stock, they'll begin dumping it onto immature markets like the Philippines.

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)

if they ever get 3d tv's really good without the need for glasses i'll consider one. they're no big deal for me but if they were good and they became the norm i'd be ok with that.

i already wear glasses so the last thing i want to do is wear even more glasses plus i know they'd get sat on broken lost all the time

Yeah, I think I watch 3D on my laptop or regular TV using the old red/green glasses but the newer ones with the polarized lenses are much better. There are 2 different types, the ones you would get in a theatre and glasses that require a battery in them I don't see them developing 3D wo some sort of glasses though. Not for a long time anyway. There has to be some type of optical thing involved to get from the flat 2D screen to a 3D image. The only way around the glasses would be to have a TV capable of writing the image into some 3D space. The TV would have to be a box able to project into the space within or write the image to the air in front of it. If the box idea were possible it wouldn't be long before people would have home theatres which are themselves the box and the images could be written anywhere in the room. Cool, but a long way off.

Edited by SkyMan