Tablet PC that supports Video Calls!

David_LivinginTalisay

KonGC,

I see that is a FLYTOUCH 3 ANDROID 2.3 ( GINGERBREAD) EPAD 10.2"

As long as that is a genuine FlyTouch3 that is? At least that eBay.com.au one says 7200mAH battery (genuine claim 8000mAH?) Fakes usually only 3000mAH!

I'll let you know after I've had it a few days David.

KonGC

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• KennyF

• Cipro

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very informative thread, it has confirmed my decision to buy an iPad 2!   Most of these devices leave you stuck with the installed OS and the vender has no interest at all in "porting" an upgrade to

the thing about the ipad is that it is a single idea.... the software and the hardware come together as one and the unit is designed to be this booklike easy item that isnt a laptop or a phone and th

Ok, you're spot on with that. And what I'm saying is that an Android tablet at a much lower cost, does all the things you mention AND it can be used for more. I use my small 7" pad for watching movi

Posted Images

David_LivinginTalisay

Very informative thread, it has confirmed my decision to buy an iPad 2!

Most of these devices leave you stuck with the installed OS and the vender has no interest at all in "porting" an upgrade to the devices in future.

And with an iPad2 you are not stuck with IOS then?

I don't see having Google 'Android' as the OSm as being 'stuck' as you describe, I see it as FREEDOM!

Much the same as Symbian S60 on my Nokia N95 8GB

I can't see a reason to have USB on a tablet, If you want to use a keyboard then Bluetooth is the way.

I have not come across external small and slim DVD Burners with Bluetooth interface, but several with USB2.

Not all Tablets come with G3 connectivity, and need esternal .G3 'Dongle' - again usually USB connected, not Bluetooth

7" tablets seem to be the worst of both worlds. Surely a cheap netbook would be the solution for Skype calls?

Another view point being The BEST of Both Worlds - the portability and call capbability of a Cellphone and with a bigger and better screen for

i) webpage browsing, ii) Video, iii) GPS Navigation, which a Netbook might not be so convenient for in terms of portability (size and weight, requiring a case) - being able to use in one hand

The market in Hong Kong is very fluid but I think it always pays in the long run to buy a quality product.

Do the Research and read the Reviews on websites like that I posted, so you know the good products (lower than the big brand names, but priced more realistically for the Specifications claimed, compared to lower priced 'Clones' where they cut corners to bring a lower price like Battery Capacity - working WiFi etc

EeePc or MSI ?

I am not in a hurry (unless my N95 fails), will wait until Samsing Tablet 7.7 prices drop, on next new Galaxy Tab announcement?

Hey I think when I get one of these China Android Tablets -- GPS will be a must. I mean you can spend that much on a standalone GPS . Any reviews which have the best GPS . I'll drop my USB requirements

So here it is.

8 - 10 " capacitive screen

Bluetooth

WiFi

Android GB

front/ back cam

GPS

Think I can get that under $200.00?

how about shipping and customs into Cebu. Any estimated costs for that?

thebob

Very informative thread, it has confirmed my decision to buy an iPad 2!

Most of these devices leave you stuck with the installed OS and the vender has no interest at all in "porting" an upgrade to the devices in future.

And with an iPad2 you are not stuck with IOS then?

Most Android devices so far have not received OS updates because the market is so fractured the manufacturers do not port the latest Android release to their older hardware. When you buy a device you are stuck with the version it came with.

Apple have been very good over the past couple of years releasing new functionality to handheld devices through software upgrades.

I don't see having Google 'Android' as the OSm as being 'stuck' as you describe, I see it as FREEDOM!

Much the same as Symbian S60 on my Nokia N95 8GB

I am saying that once you have bought the device, your relationship with the vender is over. They have little incentive to offer an OS upgrade. They use new versions to sell more hardware.

I can't see a reason to have USB on a tablet, If you want to use a keyboard then Bluetooth is the way.

I have not come across external small and slim DVD Burners with Bluetooth interface, but several with USB2.

Not all Tablets come with G3 connectivity, and need esternal .G3 'Dongle' - again usually USB connected, not Bluetooth

DVD ? I haven't used one for years. Without external power you won't even manage to burn a DVD from a tablet before you toast the battery.

What is the point of buying a tablet if you hang a keyboard, mouse, DVD and 3G dongle off it? You might as well buy a netbook or a MacBook Air.

7" tablets seem to be the worst of both worlds. Surely a cheap netbook would be the solution for Skype calls?

Another view point being The BEST of Both Worlds - the portability and call capbability of a Cellphone and with a bigger and better screen for

i) webpage browsing, ii) Video, iii) GPS Navigation, which a Netbook might not be so convenient for in terms of portability (size and weight, requiring a case) - being able to use in one hand

If that floats your boat go for it. In the market place they seem to be bombing.

• Like 1
miles-high
GPS will be a must. I mean you can spend that much on a standalone GPS . Any reviews which have the best GPS . I'll drop my USB requirements

I have been using this very small Bluetooth GPS 10 (which see) for the last 5, 6 years – “Garmin” is more or less de facto GPS engine in the world, from aeronautics to automotive to marine use… I have taken it to the extreme North to the Equator to the high temp environment (summer on a car dashboard) to 51k feet high (extremely low temp) without any problem whatsoever…

A built-in GPS (Tablet, CP) would be handy if you were walking on the city streets trying to find her house but if you are driving, say NLEX or SLEX trying to keep the line of site to the constellation and at the same time navigating could be hazardous to your health…

Some features on any computers, tablets, cp’s, tv’s, etc. are like those on the Swiss Army knife… sometimes separate tools work much better, IMHO…

:shocked:

P.S. Garmin GPS10x MSRP US$40.00….

cf-md1.jpg

David_LivinginTalisay

Hey I think when I get one of these China Android Tablets -- GPS will be a must. I mean you can spend that much on a standalone GPS . Any reviews which have the best GPS . I'll drop my USB requirements

So here it is.

8 - 10 " capacitive screen

Bluetooth

WiFi

Android GB

front/ back cam

GPS

Think I can get that under $200.00?

how about shipping and customs into Cebu. Any estimated costs for that?

My WBT-202 Bluetooth GPS Logger cost me about $100

It works really well and even doing 4Hz logging (on curves the way I have it set - logs every 250ms if your heasding deviated by 2 Degrees Left of Right from previous heading reading.

BT-201: Wintec WBT-201 Bluetooth Data Logger GPS Receiver (Auto on/off, WAAS, Bluetooth, USB, Push to Log, Data Logger with Google Earth Integration)

by Wintec

Price: $89.95

Doubt of you can get a good 8-10" Tablet having GPS with Front and Back Camera and Capacitive Touch for under $200 (Resistive Touch - more likely!).

All these have GPS and under $200 nut probably not capacative, Tablets with Capacative under $200 dont seem to have GPS and maybe not a back Camera as well as a Front.

16gbibexflytouch3.jpg

16gb iBex Flytouch3 Tablet PC - 10.2" Android 2.2 GPS Apad w/ Market, Youtube - 16gb-iBEX-FT3

List Price: $299.99

Per Unit Price: $199.99

X2101.1.jpg

X210 Android 2.2 GPS Tablet PC - 8.0” 3G HDMI aPad 2gb

List Price: $255.99

Per Unit Price: $197.99

8gbflytouch3.jpg

8gb Flytouch III Android 2.2 GPS Apad - 10" Original iBex Disco10 Tablet PC - 8GB-IBEX-FT3

List Price: $269.99

Per Unit Price: $179.99

16gbibexflytouch3.jpg

16gb iBex Flytouch3 Tablet PC - 10.2" Android 2.2 GPS Apad w/ Market, Youtube - 16gb-iBEX-FT3

List Price: $299.99

Per Unit Price: $199.99

Did you see this one that I posted about (since I read there was Prom Mod included/available so it offered Skype) was resistive touch at $224, but does include Free Shipping as indeed are all from ChinaGrabber.com

Out of stock of the capacative version.

http://www.livingincebuforums.com/topic/42389-tablet-pc-that-supports-video-calls/page__view__findpost__p__408707

• Like 1
David_LivinginTalisay

The Cherry Mobile Superion is a 7-inch Android tablet that could probably spoil the entry of the upcoming Samsung Galaxy Tab with its uber-cheap price tag of Php19,990.

cherrymobilesuperion.jpg

Cherry Mobile Superion

Android OS 2.2 (Froyo)

Qualcomm 600 MHz processor

7” WVGA capacitive touchscreen

512MB internal (up to 32GB via microSD)

3G, HSDPA 7.2 Mbps

WiFi 802.11 b/g

Ambient Light sensor

G-Sensor

3MP autofocus camera

Front Facing VGA camera

GPS/AGPS

Bluetooth 2.0

SRP: Php19,990

The Cherry Mobile Superion is the same Android tablet as the Viewsonic ViewPad 7 we blogged about here earlier (probably came from the same Chinese OEM).

post-198-0-32703400-1318941174_thumb.jpg

Now Php13,999 (Interest Free Installment Php1,166.58 x 12 months)

Good offer.

Now if only there was a Android 2.3 upgrade, that supports Skype Video Calling?

It has Front (0.3Mp) and Rear Camera (3Mp)

WiFi

3G

and GPS

http://www.viewsonic...ducts/vpad7.htm

ViewSonic ViewPad 7 7-Inch Android 2.2 Tablet - Black (Wifi & Unlocked 3G)

41G6z6TIbAL._SL500_AA300_.jpg List Price: $599.00 Price: $289.88 You Save: $309.12 (52%)

post-198-0-19669500-1318941047_thumb.jpg

David, the above Cherry kit would be very unresponsive with a 600 MHz CPU

I have a 7" with an 800 MHz CPU and it's only just OK.

I also have a 10" with 1000 CPU and it's much better to work with.

But watch out, both my pads, and I hear many others, have lousy microphones which makes them next to useless for Skype.

I'm still working on an answer to that problem.

KonGC

• 1 month later...

Its all greek to me. Think I'll stay with my macbook pro

David_LivinginTalisay

Its all greek to me. Think I'll stay with my macbook pro

macbook pro

No Touch Screen, No GPS,

Does have 'FaceTime HD camera'

Rather more than $200 however:-

• 13-inch. Starts at $1199.
  • 15-inch. Starts at $1799.
  • 17-inch. Starts at $2499.

Off Topic for this Thread I would say!

David_LivinginTalisay

http://www.lightinthebox.com/android-2-3-tablet-8-inch-touchscreen-samsung-1-2ghz-processor-wifi-bluetooth-flash10-3-camera-hd-support_p219628.html

$169.99 - make a nice Xmas present (Hint. Hint!)

android-2-3-tablet-8-inch-touchscreen-samsung-1-2ghz-processor-wifi-bluetooth-flash10-3-camera-hd-support_vvpb1316429669046.jpgandroid-2-3-tablet-8-inch-touchscreen-samsung-1-2ghz-processor-wifi-bluetooth-flash10-3-camera-hd-support_uwyx1316429670640.jpg

Description:

Highlights:

Now here is a great multimedia Android 2.3 Tablet that’s built with a 1.2GHz CPU for flawless performance. The Mica Android Tab is all you need. This Android Tablet comes with a 1.2GHz CPU Processor an 8 inch (2 point) touch screen control with HD resolution at 1080P (1920x1080), support for Adobe Flash 10.3, and the amazing Android 2.3 operating system (Gingerbread).

With the Mica Android 2.3 Tablet, you can browse the internet using WiFi, watch videos on YouTube, read ebooks, send emails, and download apps from the Android Marketplace. High tech hardware’s that makes this Android Tab so powerful include a SAMSUNG Cortex A8 1.2GHz CPU, 512 RAM, and an 8 inch two point touch screen control; top it off with the latest Android OS (2.3 Gingerbread), you'll then get a tablet that will amaze you with its abundant features and great functionality.

The Mica Android Multimedia tab allows for a better detailed display, smoother functionality, and overall top performance for the best end user experience. The Mica Android Tab is also great for gaming; choose from the many interesting and unique games (as well as 3D Games) on offer like Angry Birds, Fieldrunner, Catan, Ninjump, Samurai II: Vengeance, racing Thunder, Fruit Ninja, and much more.

Unlimited Possibilities with Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread): The Mica gives you instant access to thousands of FREE and paid Android apps from the official Android Marketplace and other third party and affiliates websites. When it comes to the Android 2.3 OS, you’ll find features that cover every possible form of entertainment and support for your day-to-day business needs with WiFi connectivity for emailing and Microsoft Exchange.

Mica - 8 Inch Touchscreen Android 2.3 Tablet

• Android 2.3 Tablet
  • Skype Video Call
  • Widgets
  • WiFi
  • 4GB built in memory
  • Android 2.3 OS (Gingerbread)
  • HD resolution 1080P (1920x1080)
  • 8 Inch Resistive Touchscreen with 2 point Touch (Pinch & Zoom)
  • 800x600 resolution brilliant screen (ultra comfort for your eyes)
  • Ports: TF / MicroSD Memory Card, Mini HDMI/highyellow], USB and a 3.5mm Audio out port.
  • 1.2GHz Samsung Processor
  • [highyellow]Marketplace App that lets you download tons of Android apps and games!

Support Languages: Czech, Danish, German, English, Spanish, French, Italian, Dutch, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese (simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Japanese

Please Note: Updating the operating system by yourself may cause unexpected errors and will void your warranty.

Video Demo:

How can people see me while Skype Video Calling?

I still don't understand how to turn on my camera so people can see me while talking on Skype. The answer you guys gave me was not detailed enough and not helpful.

I still don't know if I can use my camera on the device, so people will see me while talking on Skype. Is that possible?

By Ganka V 04 / 11 / 2011

Dear Ganka V,

When you make a Skype video call, the camera cannot work as you mention. That means that
you can not make a skype video calls with the camera working
. But if you
receive a Skpe video call, the camera can work properly
. If you still have questions on this tablet ,please log in to “My Orders,” click on your order number and use the links on the order’s details page to submit a request explaining your needs. A customer service representative will respond to you within one working day. We appreciate your business and thank you for your patience.

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay

I just got a 3.x (10") tablet for $320 and it does all that stuff just dandy. Still mostly just use it as a Kindle and email reader.

If you were going to start an online store dealing only with Tablets geared for the Philippine market offering outstanding Customer service and backed by a no questions asked return policy (1 year) . What three brands / models would you choose to resell ?

I just got a 3.x (10") tablet for $320 and it does all that stuff just dandy. Still mostly just use it as a Kindle and email reader.

What is a "3.x (10") tablet"? What brand?

KonGC