Tablet PC that supports Video Calls!

David_LivinginTalisay

miles-high

Just bought a Fujitsu Tablet: 10.1 Wide LED, Intel Atom N475(1.50GHz), Intel SM35 Express, Intel GMA 600, PC2-6400 1GB, 120GB SATA HDD, IEEE802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 3.0+HS, USB 2.0×2, HDMI 3mb Webcam, W274×D188×H17.4mm, weight 1.1kg, battery about 6 hours…

Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 32bit, Skype installed Vidoe calls OK...

Approx. US$560...

Edited: It has a slide-out keyboard a la Nokia E7... (Cam/Mic/Spkr installed but no SIM slot nor Cat5 LAN, need to buy a USB/LAN interface if you have a wired-LAN...)

ft.jpg

Edited by miles-high
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David_LivinginTalisay

• KennyF

• Cipro

• miles-high

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Very informative thread, it has confirmed my decision to buy an iPad 2!   Most of these devices leave you stuck with the installed OS and the vender has no interest at all in "porting" an upgrade to

the thing about the ipad is that it is a single idea.... the software and the hardware come together as one and the unit is designed to be this booklike easy item that isnt a laptop or a phone and th

Ok, you're spot on with that. And what I'm saying is that an Android tablet at a much lower cost, does all the things you mention AND it can be used for more. I use my small 7" pad for watching movi

Posted Images

David_LivinginTalisay

200$ is a fair price.

I think paying $200 for a Samsung Tablet would be excellent, but may be some time before tou seem them at such price level (unless you were looking at used versions that someone sold to get newer and better Samsung Tab?).

The new suggested retail price of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 7″ in the Philippines is now Php 21,990; almost Php 13,000 off from its original price during the initial release. The price drop seems attuned in a recent Apple’s move to issue discount and or lower the price of their first generation iPad.

One can buy Chinese Tablet (with Samsung CPU if you like) for $200 or less, but one has to be very careful as an awful lot of rip-off clone copies that are inferior to the genuine Chinese Tablet with pretty decent Specification.

These 'fake' clones can be spotted by the Price tag in the 1st instance. If they are cheaper than other Chinese tablets of similar specification - there is a reason for it!

For help on picking out the reasonable Tablets from the rip off clones, I suggest checking out

aflogo.jpg

Android Forums > Android Tablets & MIDs > Gome Flytouch 3 General Buyer Beware! Superpad III, Flytouch 4 are NOT Flytouch 3 - Only Faking Clones

http://www.prlog.org...flytouch-4.html

There have been reports of many rogue Chinese b2c platform sellers selling sub-par tablets and with smaller batteries (only 3000mah) iBex Batteries are now 8000mah.

Specifically, the Superpad III is having g-sensor problems:

http://androidforums...or-problem.html

The Flytouch 4 is only a 8gb Flytouch 3 - this model is also a sub-par tablet with a smaller battery 3000mah-6400mah (have not confirmed) battery. http://www.apad.tv/a...3000mah+battery

http://www.apad.tv/a...ghlight=battery

Others are having lots of wifi issues, and fake gps. Another thing is that if your tablet only has one tf card slot, it is an android 2.1 version, not that android 2.2 (froyo) model.

If the Tablet Box does not say iBex in the upper left hand corner and have the the words "Superpad2 Flytouch3" then the seller is not selling an original tablet - it is a clone.

The product picture and box should look like the black one in this link:

http://chinagrabber....find=flytouch+3

Most of your already have your tablets and are happy with them, just some people are getting confused and are posting support questions that relate to the clones; luckily, there is a replacement / upgrade avail now for any of those who do decide to upgrade to 8000mah.

UPDATE: the P041 Flytouch 3 is the latest knock-off clone iBex Flytouch3. Potential buyers should stay away from the PO41 as it very buggy, and is not upgradeable to TIM's ROM's, not to mention the 3200mah battery.

Here is article:

http://www.prlog.org...ii-sawee10.html

P041 Flytouch 3 is Clone Confirmation:

http://www.apad.tv/a...Flytouch3-Clone!

UPDATE:

The official IBEX Flytouch4 has been released. There are two models: Flytouch4 Multi-Touch and iBex Flytouch4 Built-in 3g tablets:

Flytouch4 Reviews:

http://www.apad.tv/a...gtouch4-Reviews

iBex Flytouch4 Product Page:

http://chinagrabber....?find=flytouch4

ChinaGrabber.com > * Apad - Tablet PC > Shop By Tablet PC Screen Size > 10-10.2” Tablet PC > Flytouch 4 Tablet PC - 10.2" Multi-Touch Flytouch 3 w/ Built in 3G, GPS, Android 2.2 - Flytouch4-3G

Flytouch 4 Tablet PC - 10.2" Multi-Touch Flytouch 3 w/ Built in 3G, GPS, Android 2.2 - Flytouch4-3G

flytouch4capacitivemultitouchflytouch3builtin3gphone.jpg

List Price: $499.99

Per Unit Price: $319.99

Item Number: Capacitive Multi-Touch Flytouch4

Model Number: Multi Touch Flytouch 3 FT4

IBEX Flytouch4 Multi-Touch Intro:

This newly released iBex Flytouch4 is the best value for a 10.2" Capactive Built-in 3g, GPS, Android 2.2 Tablet PC in the world.

There are just too many features in the FT4 to list!

ibexFlyTouch4packaging.JPG

There is also a Resistive Touch version

List Price: $299.99

Per Unit Price: $244.99

Item Number: Flytouch4 Built-in 3g Tablet

Model Number: FlytingTouch4

Skype on Flytouch 3

vbulletin4_logo.png

http://www.apad.tv/a...full=1#post5351

Market

If you're still missing apps in Market do the following:

- Connect at least once with Market & your account.

- Then go to settings => Applications => Manage Applications => All

- find Google Services Framework from the app list

- click on clear data + OK, then force stop

Reboot.

wait about 1 minute after you're back in.

Start Market again. (if it crashes, wait a bit and try again, it should go through.

Then you should see more apps, like Google Maps, Skype and so on.

Any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

http://public.timdur...roid/Flytouch3/

Main changes that you should get with that rom:

- Root access

- Speed increase

- Increased sound volume

- Automated updater, not requiring to wipe like during a regular flashing(see tip)

- User rom auto customization

- Different models wifi Fix (see tip)

- Arabic patch thanks to mazen (see tip)

- Fix for newer models 2Mp camera (see tip)

- 16GB tablet compatibility

- NTFS usb drives & sd support (the rom autoloader will see them as a damaged disk, simply use the dedicated mount usb drivesGScript to mount them)

- PPTP VPN (with or without encryption reported to work)

- tun.ko kernel module for VPN (not tested, please report if it works)

- Windows Network shares support (CIFS, use the app CifsManager for easy mounting)

- Huawei 3G sticks support (Off by default, see tip)

- Additionnal Realtek wifi usb sticks drivers (use GScript to load the extra modules, Edimax EW-7711UAN 11n USB reported to work ok)

- fix for the wrong colors in browser & most apps

- Media scanning off by default (see tip)

- ad-hoc wifi networks (see tip)

- ads blocking

- No need to remove your SD for installing apps

- internal SD card "local" free space is now at /mnt/sdcard and /local while external SD1 is at /mnt/sdcard/sdcard1

- Fix for 576 screen offset (see tip)

- Full screen color flash for most video types and sites

(still eating a lot of cpu, so certain video types can be unstable, make sure you are not using other cpu eating apps at the same time to improve stability)

- isofs.ko + loop mounting of iso images (use busybox mount)

- Launcher pro home screen

- updated framework & libs

- busybox

- Youtube fullscreen HQ (use opera mini or Maxthon web browsers for auto switching to the app in youtube)

- working GPS with google maps & co (see tip)

- HDMI output (see tip)

- ssh daemon (Droidsshd)

- Quickpic (fast gallery)

- Better Keyboard 8 (set as default, see tip below to deactivate or switch back to the old keyboard)

- bash & a few other commands

- GScripts helpers:

o Clear Dalvik-cache & reboot

o arabic patch

o wifi fix

o Media scanning On-Off (Off by default, see tip below)

o SD speed patch On-Off (Off by default)

o Sysctl battery saving patch On-Off (Off by default, may slow down performance on certain tablets)

o Calendar & Contact sync On-Off (On by default)

o Dial contact, Dial number scripts

o cpu usage stats file save

o reboot, shutdown

o switch between wifi drivers(adhoc, stock rom..)

o ads blocking On-Off

Edited by David_LivinginTalisay
David_LivinginTalisay

Skype for Android App - Now with Video Calling!

Skype for Android phones

Why buy a tablet that can "do almost as much as a netbook" instead of just getting a netbook for the same money?

David_LivinginTalisay

Why buy a tablet that can "do almost as much as a netbook" instead of just getting a netbook for the same money?

Because a 7" Tablet PC with 3G SIM and WiFi , can also be used as a Phone, and some have built in GPS so can also be used as a GPS Navigator.

Touch Screen and hand held size make it more convenient to carry around and use, holding in one hand, than a Netbook, yet gives more screen area than a Smart Phone, so better as E-Book Reader, and for watching Video, and generally easier to browse website than the small screen on a Mobie Phone.

That is why I would consider such Tablet PC like the Samsung 7.0 or 7.7 or equivalent, but not in a hurry, as long as my Nokia N95 8GB keeps on working.

Mainly looking what one for baby Anzhelica-kate' Mama, Ana-Katrina, who is working in Hong Kong.

This so she can do Video Calling to stay in visual contact with baby AK. So that is why she wants one for same reasons but he current Nokia C3 cant do Video Calls as cant load FRING with Video capability, only Java version giving 'Chat' over WiFi.

The

miles-high

Another reason may be that the "slate" format is really a space saving idea, depending on your use...

http://www.tuaw.com/...nic-flight-bag/

:snap:

• Like 1

And in general they are lighter and cheaper to buy, come with a decent OS (Android 2.2 or higher)

I just bought one on Ebay an hour ago.

10.2" screen. 1000 Ghz CPU, 512 ram memory, 16GB Rom flash hard drive (+32 GB SD card) Android 2.3

2 x USB so can take a mouse and keyboard or 3G modem stick., WIFI, Blutooth.

Built in GPS, camera, HDMI output to TV port,

In fact everything I need in a 500 gram package for $199.00 delivered free here in Australia.

KonGC

David_LivinginTalisay

ChinaGrabber.com > * Apad - Tablet PC > Shop By Tablet PC Screen Size > 10-10.2” Tablet PC

> 32GB iBex FlyTouch 3 aPad - Gps Android 2.2 Tablet PC - 10" SuperPad II - Flash 10.1 - 32gb-FT3

32GB iBex FlyTouch 3 aPad - Gps Android 2.2 Tablet PC - 10" SuperPad II - Flash 10.1 - 32gb-FT3

a5.4.jpg

View More Images

List Price: $289.99

Per Unit Price: $224.99

Introducing....

The exclusive 32gb iBex Flytouch3 (FT3) !!!

The iBex Flytouch3 is an amazing product at an amazing price! This is the original / real Flytouch3 with a 8000mah battery, DISCO10 firmware and authentic IBEX packaging. Do not be fooled the fake clones other sites are selling. Our tables have official after-sales support on the www.apad.tv forum. Buy your iBex Flytouch 3 today!

Flytouch30.5.jpg

Flytouch301.4.jpg

FlyTouch3 Tablet PC Structure:

flytouch3_01.jpg

Flytouch302.2.jpg

• Multiple Internet Connectivity
  • WiFi wireless
  • 3G
  • Ethernet

Flytouch compared with iPad

Item..............................Flytouch..............................iPad

Processor Speed .........1.0 GHz.................................1.0 GHz

Memory ........................521MB..................................256MB

Operating System.........Google Android 2.2 Froyo.....IOS 3

Multitasking...................YES.......................................NO

WIFI ..............................YES......................................YES

Ethernet .......................YES ....................................NO

Expandale Storag..........YES ......................................NO

Price..............................$199.00................................$700.00-$1300.00!

iBex Tablet PC Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Q: How much does it cost to ship this tablet to NYC / UK / Australia / Europe?

A: Free! All items on ChinaGrabber include free shipping Worldwide. Oursingle unit price you see is the price you pay – there are no hidden charges or fees. Delivery takes 9-14 days on average. Express delivery is available for $30 extra and takes 4-7 days to arrive.

Q: Can you declare Item as a gift and mark a low value of $25?

A: Sure, we can. We usually do mark as a gift and write a lower value so will not need to worry custom duty fees.. If you have specific instructions please write them in the order notes section during checkout.

Q: Is this an Original / Genuine iBex Tablet?

A: Yes, ChinaGrabber is an Authorized resellers of authentic iBex tablets – do not purchase clones from competitors – there are many fake Flytouch3, etc. tablet out there so if you do not see the packaging in the listing, be sure to see packaging.

Q: Is the battery really 8000mah?

A: Yes, our battery specifications are accurate. For example, If the listing says the tablet has a 8000mah, the tablet you receive will have a 8000mah battery.

Q: What is the difference between the iBex flytouch and iBex facepad?

A1: iBex Flytouch3 has an 8000mah battery and runs the Disco10 firmware (Disco based firmware’s run with Tim's 5a custom roms). The back of the Flytouch3 is silver and material is plastic.

A2: iBex Facepad has a harder black plastic finish with iPhone 4 like metal edges/bevels. The battery size is 6400mah but it still gets around 6 hours of usage on a single charge. The Facepad has upgraded loudspeakers so the speakers are a little louder. The Facepad runs the new P041 firmware. It is good firmware but there are no custom Rom's available for it yet

Q: What is the warranty on this Tablet?

A: We stringently QC tablets when they arrive to us and before we ship out. If your tablet has an issue you can send it back to us within a year (customer is responsible for shipping item back to us) and we will either replace or repair your tablet (depending on condition of it) and re-ship it back to you.

For specific details on our warranty to please check our full tablet warranty policy by clicking here

Q: Do you also sell wholesale? Can I dropship Flytouch3?

A: Yes, we do! If you are a wholesaler or have an Ebay account, email us the tablet model, quantity you would like to order and we will send you quote / payment request. Email: [email protected] or [email protected]

Q: Where can I buy accessories for my Flytouch3?

A: We have added a new Flytouch3 Accessories page here.

Q: How can I pay?

A: We accept Paypal or Credit cards for retail orders and Western Union or Bank Wire transfers for Wholesale Orders.

Q: I am having problems checking out using Paypal / Credit card. How can I complete my order?

A: Please contact us at [email protected] or [email protected] and we will send you a Payment request – 99% of people who write asking for payment request can complete their order this way.

Q: Where Can I find after-sales support for my iBex Tablet?

A: You can find answers to many of your questions either through our resources page here, or through the www.apad.tvsupport forum.

- ChinaGrabber Team

David_LivinginTalisay

And in general they are lighter and cheaper to buy, come with a decent OS (Android 2.2 or higher)

I just bought one on Ebay an hour ago.

10.2" screen. 1000 Ghz CPU, 512 ram memory, 16GB Rom flash hard drive (+32 GB SD card) Android 2.3

2 x USB so can take a mouse and keyboard or 3G modem stick., WIFI, Blutooth.

Built in GPS, camera, HDMI output to TV port,

In fact everything I need in a 500 gram package for $199.00 delivered free here in Australia.

KonGC

KonGC,

Does it offer Front Webcam and can do Skype Video Calls?

If so what Make/Model was it - provide URL Link?

Wow lots to digest in this Thread for those interested in China Tab - as I am.

My requirements for 200.00 and below

Bluethooth

WiFi

Capacitive screen 8 - 10 inches

Android - Gingerbread or better

Java capable

USB, HDMI

Front / Back camera. Pwuede ?

The WoPad looks great but sounds like something to be found in the Cotton section.

The FlyTouch could be found in the pesticides section

and the Ibex something found at the Zoo Gotta love Chinese marketeers.

Well speaking as a fella who actually owns a couple smart phones (iPhone and Android) a netbook and a 7" Android tablet, the tablet is the LAST one I'd buy. I'd get the phone first, (have to have it) and the netbook second. The tablet is a toy.

thebob

Very informative thread, it has confirmed my decision to buy an iPad 2!

Most of these devices leave you stuck with the installed OS and the vender has no interest at all in "porting" an upgrade to the devices in future.

I can't see a reason to have USB on a tablet, If you want to use a keyboard then Bluetooth is the way.

7" tablets seem to be the worst of both worlds. Surely a cheap netbook would be the solution for Skype calls?

The market in Hong Kong is very fluid but I think it always pays in the long run to buy a quality product.

EeePc or MSI ?

• Like 2
7" tablets seem to be the worst of both worlds. Surely a cheap netbook would be the solution for Skype calls?

I disagree with that, 7-8 inches seems ideal to me, and is in fact what I bought. It's 4x the screen area of say, an iPhone, the iPad is just too damn big, might as well have the netbook for sure.

David_LivinginTalisay

KonGC,

I see that is a FLYTOUCH 3 ANDROID 2.3 ( GINGERBREAD) EPAD 10.2"

As long as that is a genuine FlyTouch3 that is? At least that eBay.com.au one says 7200mAH battery (genuine claim 8000mAH?) Fakes usually only 3000mAH!

Sid you read General Buyer Beware! Superpad III, Flytouch 4 are NOT Flytouch 3 - Only Faking Clones

Seems some manufactures in China are calling thier Tablet a FLYTOUCH 3, when it just a cheap Clone of such with inferior package (lower capacity battery being one of them)

They were also claimimg to offer the new FlyTouch4 before it was officially announced that the genuine FlyTouch4 was even released, so FAKE versions