Sign in to follow this  
aussiedon

building anything oh so easy

aussiedon

thought I'd build some nice heavy duty steel shelving for my workshop area.

the abrasive cutoff machine I bought shit itself in no time, terminal.

the 2 elec drills I bought 10mm and 12mm different brands are both stuck on hammer mode.

the elec welder I bought shit it self after 30 minutes

oh well I'll just paint what I got done with the 2" paint brush i bought , naaaah, the whole end fell off in the paint tin.

I might tackle something else tomorrow.

• Like 2

CardiacKid

Sounds like it's time for a San Miguel or 12. Been in the same situation before, all you can do is laugh and get on with living.

• Like 1

aussiedon

I'm taking that medicine right now.

smokey

high quality good from china? ohhhh everything is cheaper in the philippines ... well of all the plumbing fixtures i have in my house only the downstairs one keeps dripping and breaking ... and its the one i did not bring with me... another quailty plumbing fixture from china

tobster

In Oz I use to avoid the made in China stuff but since living here their made in China stuff is an even poorer quality. There have been time when I experienced the same as you

have. At those times I use a lump hammer to relieve the stress, the hit the Red horse.........

MarinePride

Nothing, in the way of a product, seems to last over here for any reasonable length of time. The only thing that hasn't given me problems is my Isuzu Crosswind.

smokey

In Oz I use to avoid the made in China stuff but since living here their made in China stuff is an even poorer quality. There have been time when I experienced the same as you

have. At those times I use a lump hammer to relieve the stress, the hit the Red horse.........

you would think that was inpossible but i think when they order stuff for sale in the phillippines the business types just say... well as long as it looks like the real thing and its cheap i will buy it... where i am selling these things its no deposit no returne.. i remember the only time i got a refund was i ordered some tile and asked the guy to help me figure out how much i needed .. he did and i paid and found i had 3 extra boxes at the end of the job... i said well i will keep one box just in case and returne the others... and they did but with the restocking charge and the returne charge well lets say it was not worth the effort ..

Wombat No More

thought I'd build some nice heavy duty steel shelving for my workshop area.

the abrasive cutoff machine I bought shit itself in no time, terminal.

the 2 elec drills I bought 10mm and 12mm different brands are both stuck on hammer mode.

the elec welder I bought shit it self after 30 minutes

oh well I'll just paint what I got done with the 2" paint brush i bought , naaaah, the whole end fell off in the paint tin.

I might tackle something else tomorrow.

And don't tell me... You have a dog with a missing tail, 3 legs, one eye, missing ears and answers to the name of "Lucky"... And your first missus ran off with the vacuum cleaner salesman and cleaned out your life savings as she went, sold all the furniture in the house and took the car and the court gave her the house later anyway...

m60man

The first thing one needs to realize is that made in China, Japan, Maylasia or where ever and shipped to the USA has to meet certain standards. Now that is not the case here. The things made in China and other places for the Philippines do not meet American or European standards. Specially when it come to plumbing supplies or electric tools and small appliances. Ask about the warranty when you buy these items....its a joke! I have not bought anything here in those categories that has lasted a year! It's beyond sad, it should be criminal! I have a Filipino friend that owns a hardware store, he also has worked abroard in western standard settings. He laughs at my frustration and willingly admits that the standards here are on the cheap and it's not likely to change. The concept of paying 4000 peso's for a faucet that lasts 15 years to a lifetime or one that costs 500 peso's but has to be replaced every year just does not register! Thats the whole problem here, nobody thinks long term, we will live today and not worry about tomorrow! That's the mentality that will keep the Philippines a third world country through the next milleinum or longer. And yes, my dog is missing half it's tail and one ear is lazy. :twocents:

• Like 2

billy

i'm so sick of the chinese products and worse the philippines excepting there junk. i saw a blender in sm on the peice of shit it said us something. i looked on the bottom it said made in china. those bastards have a lot of nerve using the us name on there product.

billten

We all have one of these days every now and again. Trick is to kick the dog, have a couple and tomorrow, figure out how to fix the crap right back up ;-)

For Real

You can find the worst of the really bad stuff easily...go to Gaisano. Sweeter shit is on the DIY Handyman Shelves...they have a significantly better returns policy.

Mr. Mike

The chinese products sold in the US are not much better. If it is a piece of tupperware, a wooden yardstick, or a child's rubber ball, maybe it is tolerable. Any product with moving parts, gears, technology,,,, any product requiring proper engineering, endurance and expected longevity...................forget it. The chinese do not know what a "durable product" is. It seems the last durable product they made was the Great Wall. Be it coffee makers, microwaves, hand tools or even wood screws, they all are noticeably substandard!

The world/US has an insatiable appetite for cheap goods. People go to Walmart and suddenly they realize they can afford things they never could before. Like cotton towels verses polyester towels,,,,,,,oh goody. On the way out they shop for groceries and pay with their food stamps. They have never had quality in their life and they don't know any better.

I was in a store that caters to the equestrian crowd, usually quite affluent,with plenty of money. I was looking over the riding equipment, and I noticed the riding helmets for sale. I said to myself," surely, these could not be made in china".......................yup, I was wrong!

trthebees

I don't quite know what to make of goods made in China. Or made in China and sold in the Philippines.

For example, I have a reasonably high level Yamaha keyboard. Obviously Japanese technology, and I would think not produced by the million, and the manufacturing and testing is highly supervised. Made in China, but touch-wood excellent. I bought it here in the Philippines.

Yet I have a toaster. After my last one packed up, I had a look round based on double-insulated and simple---no electronics. Basic toaster. I got a Moulinex. Made in China, but , well it is Moulinex. It works fine....but....the cord comes out the bottom and is too stiff to stay in a silly clip, so it sits there perched up one end on the cord. The plastic around the top opening is steadily raggedly melting back. Absolutely no way would this toaster survive in a Western market.

And I have a Black and Decker vacuum cleaner. Works fine, except the cloth bag got damaged. (A flipping rat nested in it and chewed the bag). Can I get a spare? Nope. Tried just about everywhere in the city. Another story really. When I tried the internet for UK and USA etc suppliers of spares, the model number got almost no response, and no spares offered. i expect to vist the UK soon, so will take measurements and go to a spares place. But my point is, it seems even apparently decent manufacturerers market products here that they don't sell in the west.

Jess Bartone

those bastards have a lot of nerve using the us name on there product.

Well actually it's the US company using their brand name on an inferior Chinese product. All in the name of profit dontcha know.

• Like 1