Armed Robbery inside Robinson's Food Court

Well, I think Kuratong Baleleng is from Ozamis. They are somehow well connected as well.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• For Real

• smokey

• rahj

• EAGLE

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the things that has really impressed me since I came to this country is the professionalism and courtesy of the security guards you see virtually everywhere. My wife often says, "let's ask the

To me, this affirms the worries my wife and I had about our safety when we visited Cebu last November. Some posters on this forum said that we should be not be worried about our safety when I express

i will admit i have a weakness for a women in uniform and i sure would not mind a full body frisk from a couple of the female guards.. wonder if it would work to say your carrying a rod in your pants

I feel so sorry for those guards and their families specially for their kids......Yes I will glory in those bastards dimise..... we are just lucky they didn't use shoppers as human sheilds.......9/11 is coming up also and I will glory those 17 bastards how took control of those planes dimise also.....sorry I don't agree *

No need to.

We are "formed" by our experiences. IMHO

• Like 1

To me, this affirms the worries my wife and I had about our safety when we visited Cebu last November. Some posters on this forum said that we should be not be worried about our safety when I expressed concerns about kidnapping our 4 year old daughter. The grinding poverty in the Philippines creates a lot of desperate people who are willing to do almost anything to make a buck. The attempted, daytime robbery at Robinsons confirms that. That type of behavior supports the conclusion that the type of people that committed that robbery would also find an seemingly affluent foreigner, with his wife and young daughter an easy target. I my humble opinion, all foreigners living in or visiting the Philippines should be extra careful where they go and what they do. There is no doubt in my mind that there are people walking the streets of cities like Cebu City just waiting for the perfect target to come by. To think otherwise, to me, is being naive.

Edited by TheDuke
  • Like 3
smokey

To me, this affirms the worries my wife and I had about our safety when we visited Cebu last November. Some posters on this forum said that we should be not be worried about our safety when I expressed concerns about kidnapping our 4 year old daughter. The grinding poverty in the Philippines creates a lot of desperate people who are willing to do almost anything to make a buck. The attempted, daytime robbery at Robinsons confirms that. That type of behavior supports the conclusion that the type of people that committed that robbery would also find an seemingly affluent foreigner, with his wife and young daughter an easy target. I my humble opinion, all foreigners living in or visiting the Philippines should be extra careful where they go and what they do. There is no doubt in my mind that there are people walking the streets of cities like Cebu City just waiting for the perfect target to come by.

life is cheap that is for sure.... i am beginning to think maybe its the very danger of it all that keeps your blood moving faster and faster i personally find little i like here expept for my wife and chlidren yet i stay... hummmmm well i also did a double tour in viet nam so i guess deep down i must like the danger ...

Sounds like the police earned their money on this one. Sorry so many inocent people had to be hurt.

InternetTough

The whole thing is a tragedy but I don't think that the police had a choice in their response. Might as well pray for all the dead and wounded.

life is cheap that is for sure.... i am beginning to think maybe its the very danger of it all that keeps your blood moving faster and faster i personally find little i like here expept for my wife and chlidren yet i stay... hummmmm well i also did a double tour in viet nam so i guess deep down i must like the danger ...

Well I'm sure the Philippines is a walk in the park compared to Vietnam. I just don't like the thought of having someone waving a gun in my face and making my daughter and/or wife get in a car because they think they will be able to get some money from me. Foreigners are prime targets in a country like the Philippines because they are perceived to have money. Of course you could try and explain to them that is not the case but they would never believe it. A foreigner with a minor child has to be a very attractive target because everyone knows that a parent will do almost anything to get their child back. That is the main reason my wife and I are in no hurry to visit the Philippines again in the near future.

quit_yume

what was the point in shooting the teller? what threat could she possibly have been? i seriously doubt she was armed.

just goes to show you that when the criminals also happen to be stupid they are even more dangerous because you can never use logic to try to figure out how to negotiate your way out of being harmed by them

So are we saying this doesn't happen in the west? And worse?

I was always led to believe that it was not safe to go out alone at night in America for instance because the crime rate was so high.

Didn't Bill Cosby's son get gunned down while fixing a flat tyre by some kid joining a gang. I don't think he was armed either.

KonGC

• Like 1
So are we saying this doesn't happen in the west? And worse? I was always led to believe that it was not safe to go out alone at night in America for instance because the crime rate was so high. Didn't Bill Cosby's son get gunned down while fixing a flat tyre by some kid joining a gang. I don't think he was armed either. KonGC

Untrue in 90% plus of the country. We haven't locked our doors in 20 years. Don't know where the keys are...

To me, this affirms the worries my wife and I had about our safety when we visited Cebu last November. Some posters on this forum said that we should be not be worried about our safety when I expressed concerns about kidnapping our 4 year old daughter. The grinding poverty in the Philippines creates a lot of desperate people who are willing to do almost anything to make a buck. The attempted, daytime robbery at Robinsons confirms that. That type of behavior supports the conclusion that the type of people that committed that robbery would also find an seemingly affluent foreigner, with his wife and young daughter an easy target. I my humble opinion, all foreigners living in or visiting the Philippines should be extra careful where they go and what they do. There is no doubt in my mind that there are people walking the streets of cities like Cebu City just waiting for the perfect target to come by. To think otherwise, to me, is being naive.

Duke I might have agreed with you, until I read about that guy walking into a IHOP in Washington St (?) and opening up with a M16 - I don't think any of us are save anywhere - unless we lock ourselves inside our homes. There are crazy people everywhere -

I was one of the people that suggested you have a greater chance being run over my a car in the crosswalk, then being shot - I still feel that way. It will be interesting however to see how much security there will be the next time I see an armored truck come to service an ATM Machine

• Like 1
Wombat No More

what was the point in shooting the teller? what threat could she possibly have been? i seriously doubt she was armed.

just goes to show you that when the criminals also happen to be stupid they are even more dangerous because you can never use logic to try to figure out how to negotiate your way out of being harmed by them

There was no point at all in shooting the teller and this is often the mode of operation for these lowlife scum. So many robberies turn into cold blooded murder and it just seems they want to kill someone. A robbery out the back of my place maybe 3 years ago or more... A tricycle driver and two lady passengers, late at night, shot dead for a couple of cell phones and virtually P400 all up. What the hell is the use and one reads of this sort of senseless killing so often. Life really does mean absolutely nothing to so many here. I had an altercation with a tricycle driver who actually tried to king hit me from behind and thru my open drivers window. When I got out and announced loudly that he was under arrest, a young guy was seen coming up behind me with a knife drawn and obviously intent on stabbing me in the back. He had nothing to do with the incident and only another woman pedestrian scared him off with her words. Go figure coz I can't?

• Like 1
tom_shor

Mae just told me she was walking up the steps near Cebu Pacific when she saw a fella walk up to a Security Guard and shoot him. She then ran for cover.

Glad to hear she is ok.

smokey

There was no point at all in shooting the teller and this is often the mode of operation for these lowlife scum. So many robberies turn into cold blooded murder and it just seems they want to kill someone. A robbery out the back of my place maybe 3 years ago or more... A tricycle driver and two lady passengers, late at night, shot dead for a couple of cell phones and virtually P400 all up. What the hell is the use and one reads of this sort of senseless killing so often. Life really does mean absolutely nothing to so many here. I had an altercation with a tricycle driver who actually tried to king hit me from behind and thru my open drivers window. When I got out and announced loudly that he was under arrest, a young guy was seen coming up behind me with a knife drawn and obviously intent on stabbing me in the back. He had nothing to do with the incident and only another woman pedestrian scared him off with her words. Go figure coz I can't?

i think the poverty is what turns the people from poor to crazy... i think they are often so poor and so tired of seeing and servicing the rich they just loose it and lash out at the first rich person they see... i have noticed that the average poor local who works hard 12 hours a day and yet still has not even running water in his house just becomes bitter and more bitter,, and either gives up or lashes out and that is why robbery is often followed by gunfire... lets face it to give up here is to spend your life either shot or in prison so they go for it...

• Like 2

Robinson's place was near in my school! Its the reason why i carry my Gun with me anywhere i go! when i read the news, i wonder how the Robbers slipped the Gun into the Food Court, where you need to check and deposit it or entrust it to the Security Guards. Maybe there are also some security lapses that happened in there. I reach my Condolences to the family of all the Victims. Good to the Bad Guys!

Just sharing my Ruger P345 since alot of Americans in this Forums: Ruger really is a Great Gun, very reliable.

rahj_ruger.jpg