Sign in to follow this  
Hazo

Looking for 1 month Rental

Hazo

I arrive in Cebu on the 27th of Oct and want to rent somewhere for a month while I get settled in.

Has to be close to all the action... so somewhere central. Also needs to be fully furnished and set up with internet.

Want to pay around the 25,000 peso for the month.

If anyone has something, or can help it'd be greatly appreciated.

Panserhansen

It's very hard to find something like that for the price, with internet ready - believe me. My best advice is to contact Sarrosa. It's central, they have fully furnished apartments, internet, balcony, 2 BR for 40K a month, plus electricity(back up generator as well). Maid service three times a week. You need to pay 40K(cash) in security, but there won't be any problems getting it back, unless you break something of course. Easy to get a taxi. A regular room with internet 22K a month, like a hotel room, no kitchen. Have in mind you live in a hotel, so you can order room service.

I stayed there in 2009 and it was very convenient. Overpriced yes, but for a newbie in town it should be a safe and hassle free choice. I was able to bargain to 32K for a longer stay. The corner condos facing Ayala and Waterfront has the best view. Spend the time looking for better options.

Hazo

Cheers mate, might be the best option... and only a bit more cash.

Might take a look at some other hotel options as well, cheers.

Paul

How about provincial living? You can get an apartment here, fully furnished, for a hell of a lot less than that. Internet can be provided as well.

Hazo

How about provincial living? You can get an apartment here, fully furnished, for a hell of a lot less than that. Internet can be provided as well.

I'm just looking for a place for a month so I can have a look around. I prob will move provincial, long term.... this is just for the first month so I can settle in quickly and don't spend days/weeks setting shit up and not being able to work.

the.lone.gunman

I pay 20.000p per month for a furnished 1br at Apartelle de Arcenas near Country Mall.

ArieBombarie

well taxi's are very cheap and distances are always there, downtown (what seems uptown in Cebu) is not like Amsterdam city center but I am not an expert on the going out places in Cebu, people seem to hang in malls what is a concept I got a hard time dealing with (I hate the things)

Hazo

I pay 20.000p per month for a furnished 1br at Apartelle de Arcenas near Country Mall.

Ah that looks great actually... and half the price. Good location?

Reynaldo

Casa Rosario has monthly rates that will suite your budget.

Centrally located near all the action.

I stayed their for 2 months and enjoyed it very much.

Oh, and it's girl friendly.

digiteye

You can get fully furnished condo (small unit) in Guadalupe for that amount. PM me if you want phone number of the owner.

Panserhansen

Apartelle de Arcenas is fine for a bachelor or couple, I haven't lived there but been inside. They don't have internet. You won't have the view, space or hotel living feeling like Sarrosa. It's also more remote, and I'd say you need a vehicle to get around, unless you're fond of walking. Not many taxis around, you have to walk a bit and sometimes it rains.

You will find smaller condos for a cheaper price, the problem is still internet. You have to sign up for a year, or rely on services like Smart Bro or Globe Tattoo, which can be horrible at times. Not a good solution if you make money on internet.

I say go for the Sarrosa solution the first month, pay the little extra the first month, and go looking for a new place to get a feeling what you can get for your money. You said earlier you might eat out most of the time, do some traveling as well, so I would also consider just renting at a cheaper hotel or pension house with internet like Casa Rosaria already mentioned, or perhaps Palazzo Pensionne, where you get a spacious room.

the.lone.gunman

Ah that looks great actually... and half the price. Good location?

Location is ok.Short taxi ride to Holiday gym and pool and Ayala and Mango bars. Pool table and ping pong table in common area. Country mall 5 minutes away. Small convenience store in office. 24 hour security, pedicabs at the front gate or security will call you a taxi. Half a dozen other foreigners here for company if you want it. Cable and internet is included in the rent. I have been here 3 months.

Edited by the.lone.gunman

myk101

Try Elicon House/hotel near University of San Carlos Main. (Its in Mid-Downtown Area; though I would suggest the Uptown Area if there is one.) I really didn't know they were offering weekly and monthly rates until last Monday. I saw an ad printed near their main entrance door. You may look it up in Google maps. It is in the corner of P.del Rosario Sts., and Junquera Ext. Also try asking Verbena Pension House (uptown; backstreet). They got inexpensive yet clean rooms too. Nevertheless, whatever hotel/pension house you choose double check it through Trip Advisor.com. Before I forget ask the hotel-incharge if there's any videoke/karaoke shops near; you wouldn't want that. Hope this helps.

nsx

i would check into the richmond hotel they have some condo type rooms with great views. I think from 25k to 32k a month

blaze pontaine

Check out this thread for some hotel info. I strongly recommed spending a few weeks on the ground looking at apts and condos before you sign any rental papers. Have you considered a long term stay at a hotel? There are a bunch of hotels that I can book for 15-25 thousand per month. Its a good option because you don't need to worry about paying electrical, deposits, buying towels, etc. Also, I book hotels in 10 day increments, so if after 20 days you want to move its no problem to check out hassle free.

smokey

i would check into the richmond hotel they have some condo type rooms with great views. I think from 25k to 32k a month

i have renters paying 12 a month with free internet , ref. micro. and super sized tv .. when they leave maybe i will set up as a short time rental ... 20 a month and free wif fi and etc.. for 22 a month i can add 3 time a week clean up service..

Edited by smokey

mikejwoodnz

i have renters paying 12 a month with free internet , ref. micro. and super sized tv .. when they leave maybe i will set up as a short time rental ... 20 a month and free wif fi and etc.. for 22 a month i can add 3 time a week clean up service..

OK - I think you are getting there BUT 20 or 40,000 is not important - how about a full time cook/housekeeper/maid/laundry and an car/driver/guide on call (with preset usable allowance) ? also peso has no meaning to most tourist - think of the air fares! $1,000 - $1,500 rent for 21 days (or 28) for that type of package would be a bargain. :lee_popcorn:

edit : a few typos in the logic :-)

Edited by mikejwoodnz

Hazo

Yeah hit me up with more details/pics if possible.

Hard for me to figure it out from the Internet, having not previously been to the Philippines. I'll more than likely be staying in a hotel for a little bit while I look around for a place to live.

smokey

Yeah hit me up with more details/pics if possible.

Hard for me to figure it out from the Internet, having not previously been to the Philippines. I'll more than likely be staying in a hotel for a little bit while I look around for a place to live.

well most hotels here make the best western look like the beverly hilton... unless you get into the 4.000p a night..