Sign in to follow this  
Easyrider

Teach Filipinos how to use the correct Gender Words.

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does your girlfriend or wife use the correct gender words?

• Yes, she is always correct.
    • Yes, she gets it right more than half the time.
    • Yes, she gets it right about half of the time.
    • Yes, she gets it right sometimes.
    • Yes, she gets it right but not very often.
    • No, she always uses the wrong word.

tom_shor

loko-loko Kano,

Maglibang ka at baka ka maloko

I'm not really sure if that helps.

Easyrider

mmmh, thats is like saying, that the Americas should switch to Spanish. (Majority of people speak Spanish) or Europe should switch to German (majority of people speak German) or the entire world should speak CHINESE.

The majority of people speak Spanish. You can't be talking about America. In America most people speak English. Get your facts straight before you make comments about a country you know nothing about. You still wish Germany won WWI and WWII? You hate Americans?

Easyrider

Easyrider wrote:

The Visayan dialect does have gender words. How could they communicate effectively without them?

They can hardly communicate effectively with or without gender words ................. thats what I experienced

and so ........... WHY is the official language English ?

You really made me laugh saying they can hardly communicate. I have been thinking the same thing for about 6 years now. Tagalog is an official language and English is the other one. The Philippines was an American colony in the past and they need an international language to do international trade and relations. Tagalog is only spoke and understood in the Philippines. Most Filipinos do not know that. They think every country can understand their languange. Wrong, you are the only ones. Wake up the smell the coffee. I blame the schools for not teaching them important things.

Edited by Easyrider

mahogany

The majority of people speak Spanish. You can't be talking about America. In America most people speak English. Get your facts straight before you make comments about a country you know nothing about. You still wish Germany won WWI and WWII? You hate Americans?

In context, I do not think that Guenther meant us to believe that he was referring to the USA...never mind him to express any sort of arrogance or hatred towards anyone...

Easyrider

I believe all the native Filipino languages lack gender specific pronouns.

Here are your gender specific pronouns.

Gender Words Translated.docx

Stranded Shipscook

i said AmericaS , That is the expression for North and Southamerica.

Cipro

docx, really?

Easyrider

In context, I do not think that Guenther meant us to believe that he was referring to the USA...never mind him to express any sort of arrogance or hatred towards anyone...

Thank you for your comment. I don't wish anyone bad thoughts or feelings either.

Easyrider

If he wasn't talking about the USA then who was he talking about? His statement emplied the USA. He seems to be a hater of America.

Stranded Shipscook

Here are your gender specific pronouns.

Where ? I see only Words which could best be called "nouns", with headaches.

Honestly, there is a little misunderstanding in general, what the Anti-gender fractions tries to explain, that there are no words for he,she,him,her,it.... etc. etc. aka.knows as "pronouns"

The "pronoun" siya is for both, which creates the problem.

ArieBombarie

you Americans can be a touchy bunch :fighting0029:

Stranded Shipscook

If he wasn't talking about the USA then who was he talking about? His statement emplied the USA. He seems to be a hater of America.

Did you read my previous post... i wrote AmericaS with a big fat S at the end. Which is North and Southamerica included.

And if i would hate US citizens i would not be on this forum.

KennyF

I recon you owe the cat man an apology sunshine.

One, for misreading his post and two for such a bitter racist comeback.

Read it again, he said "that the Americas should switch to Spanish. (Majority of people speak Spanish)"

KonGC

Athena

I'm not really sure if that helps.

NO, it doesn’t ……………. But I appreciate his filipino humour.

If you get the humour of his post then you would probably have the answer why theres no filipino butting in this tread …………… biggrin.png