Sign in to follow this  
AsiaBill

Bill's Ten Travel Tips For The Philippines

smokey

this comes up year after year ... always a few guys who say this place is a crime ridden place and those who say its a heaven on earth and all you have to do is hand out flowers to the bad guys... well over the years i have seen people go from one side to the other and this happens when something happens.. IF your number is up its up done deal... i personally think the foreigners who come in here and say .. NPA , down south,, shantie areas are all roses and pretty girls are either very lucky or just plain dumb as a rock... If it so safe and crime free there would not be any vigilantie running around blasting people so beware of where you are your only as safe as your family and your luck holds out

theTODD

Wow...

Great Post......

Will use all that advice...thanks so much for all that knowledge!!. will follow it all...... except.. the never Gamble... If I am playing a game of pool and a Filipino wants to bet on a game.. I am game..... not for cards or dice though...... GREAT Post.... My first trip there will be in August.... :P:P:phil::excl::pimp:

theTODD

this comes up year after year ... always a few guys who say this place is a crime ridden place and those who say its a heaven on earth and all you have to do is hand out flowers to the bad guys... well over the years i have seen people go from one side to the other and this happens when something happens.. IF your number is up its up done deal... i personally think the foreigners who come in here and say .. NPA , down south,, shantie areas are all roses and pretty girls are either very lucky or just plain dumb as a rock... If it so safe and crime free there would not be any vigilantie running around blasting people so beware of where you are your only as safe as your family and your luck holds out

wow man..... Places in the states are dangerous.... all BIG cities have crime... gang members... drug sellers and drug addicts.... go to some trailer parks in South Carolina over taken by METH..... and compare that to being a tourist in Cebu.....lol..... I will take my first trip to Cebu in August...

I am more worried abut the plane going down then getting attacked in Cebu.....

true Karma plays a role.... but bad karma is bad karma anywhere....

from what I see Cebu is a nice city full of hot Filipinas, tourists... bars... white sand beaches,,,..and Heaven on EARTH....

my half ass point of view...... lol.....

-The TODD

:P

loosehead

wow man..... Places in the states are dangerous.... all BIG cities have crime... gang members... drug sellers and drug addicts.... go to some trailer parks in South Carolina over taken by METH..... and compare that to being a tourist in Cebu.....lol..... I will take my first trip to Cebu in August...

from what I see Cebu is a nice city full of hot Filipinas, tourists... bars... white sand beaches,,,..and Heaven on EARTH....

-The TODD

:D

there are no white sand beaches near Cebu City and very few tourists but plenty of bars and hot filipinas

captainpete

Wow...

Great Post......

Will use all that advice...thanks so much for all that knowledge!!. will follow it all...... except.. the never Gamble... If I am playing a game of pool and a Filipino wants to bet on a game.. I am game..... not for cards or dice though...... GREAT Post.... My first trip there will be in August.... party0023.gifwelcome3.gifphil.gifexcl.gifpimp.gif

hi todd i have a younger brother with same name.i would not even play pool there 4 money ,not worth the the hastle if you win and some one wants to disput the rules.

just play for kisses just joking all the best peter

fanboat

Wow...

Great Post......

Will use all that advice...thanks so much for all that knowledge!!. will follow it all...... except.. the never Gamble... If I am playing a game of pool and a Filipino wants to bet on a game.. I am game..... not for cards or dice though...... GREAT Post.... My first trip there will be in August.... party0023.gifwelcome3.gifphil.gifexcl.gifpimp.gif

hi todd i have a younger brother with same name.i would not even play pool there 4 money ,not worth the the hastle if you win and some one wants to disput the rules.

Yo Todd...the best place to play pool is next to the circle....mango ave....play at the Silver Dollar....ther are 30 hot ladys in the place...beware some shot pool preety good....beers 55 pesos

theTODD

Wow...

Great Post......

Yo Todd...the best place to play pool is next to the circle....mango ave....play at the Silver Dollar....ther are 30 hot ladys in the place...beware some shot pool preety good....beers 55 pesos

Wow thanks! I will check that place out.... bet there are some good players there.. (pool) thanks again

theTODD

-The TODD

:)

there are no white sand beaches near Cebu City and very few tourists but plenty of bars and hot filipinas

No white sand Beaches in Cebu? and very few tourists? I thought it is a tourist city.... hmmmm

fanboat

-The TODD

lee_popcorn.gif

No white sand Beaches in Cebu? and very few tourists? I thought it is a tourist city.... hmmmm

The travel guides you see are somme what..well tainted...but you can find great beaches just off shore...or just several hours out of town

ps...the hoods look like bad places...when you see them...but for the mmost part the people are very friendly.

theTODD

-The TODD

lee_popcorn.gif

The travel guides you see are somme what..well tainted...but you can find great beaches just off shore...or just several hours out of town

ps...the hoods look like bad places...when you see them...but for the mmost part the people are very friendly.

Thanks... I will spend some time in Bohol also... I am not worried about the bad areas.... but isn't it a tourist city? I must be reading the wrong guides...lol.... I read there are over 10,000 Americans living in Cebu full time...So not really tourists...

fanboat

10,000? thats alot....I've seen about 50 or so!

Bohol is good for 2 days...boring

get a bike first off and ride around a bit

lazydays

Bohol is good for 2 days...boring

get a bike first off and ride around a bit

The other 9950 went back home LOL crack-up.gifrofl.gifbiggrin_01.gif

Mailman

I can count that many in SM alone at any given time.

JamesMusslewhite
BILL'S TRAVEL TIPS for the PHILIPPINES!!

1.)Always carry small change in Pesos, Coins & 20 & 50

notes. That saves you the annoyance from the very common reply, "sorry

no change".

2.) Ask someone about taxi or jeepney, tricycle fares before you get

in. Pay & walk away. NEVER ask "How much?" because the price goes

up the more you talk. A moving taxi is too busy working so it tends to be a better, more honest

taxi versus parked taxis waiting for victims. Tip the taxi driver P10

to P20 reward him for not hassling you. Good Karma ALWAYS REWARDS you.

3. ) Never change money on the street nor inside a restaurant. You

will ALWAYS lose and usually almost half your money. These money

change scam artists are very good and show that the hand is always

quicker than the eye.

4. ) Never gamble with Filipinos not pool, cards, chess or any game

for money & not even for drinks. It's safer not to gamble. It's one

example in life where when you win you lose & when you lose you

lose.

5. ) Never raise your voice at a Filipino away from your own

neighborhood. Never call a Filipino "STUPID". They are very sensitive

about it. If you do get angry & make the mistake. Please leave the

place as soon as possible .Go Away Fast because you are in more

DANGER than you realize. Filipinos do not like to fight & "fair

fights" are not the custom, "fight to kill" is.

6. ) Forget about the 2 words "WHY" & "SHOULD" or you get constant

headache trying to understand why things happen like they do in places

outside your own country, especially the Philippines. Acceptance is

the preferable attitude. There are too many things for you to

question, so it's better for you not to start. So just relax/ enjoy

the positive aspects of living in the Philippines with a sense of humor.

7. ) Expect everything to be late and slow. Life stops at LUNCH.

Schedules change & the weather is unpredictable. Telephones,

electricity, and water - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.

8.) Never accept drinks, candy, or fruit from strangers, especially

young women, in Manila. In the past few years a few of our guests have

been drugged using the above methods after being met in Rizal Park,

shopping malls, the open markets & even on the bus. We have never

heard about this happening in other parts of the Philippines.

9.) Always wear a cloth type money belt which is worn around your waist under your clothes instead of those leather or vinyl pouch waist bags with several zippered pockets because psychologically they appear as you are advertising your valuables. It may seem a bit awkward to reach under your pants to get your money or travelers checks at a bank but it's MUCH SAFER. Even when you drink too much your money is much safer closer to your - - - -.

10. ) DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY!!

1. I travel by boat...carry a small 6 pack and dried fish...a little rice too

2. taxi...when I round out of gas...I use tricad

3. change...20 peso usually in 5 peso denominations

4. gamble...only on chicken fights...I pick the winners

5. raise voice...only after my wife and I have orgasium

6. why-should...no telling

7. schedule...whats that?

8.drinks...the weather makes me drink too much...but I mix my own

8...velcro...even my underpants are supplied with that feature

10..happy...as long as I have a drink to forget where I am??

You and Velcro underpants? Thanks alot for that disturbing mental picture.:dance:

It will take two bottles of rum to make that one fuzzy enough to forget.

broden

I can count that many in SM alone at any given time.

10,000 or 50?