US Tourist Visa Denial

That makes sense. But since when do law enforcement officers from different jurisdictions of neighbouring countries (ie Canada/US) go into the other jurisdiction with weapons that are not cleared, and to get into "harms way?" Its not like we don't have enough police up here, and require assistance from the Americans every time the Vancouver Canucks lose the Stanley Cup final! LOL

The only thing I can think of was maybe the G20 summit, in Toronto?

But those extra guns would be carried by security forces and probably be cleared

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smitty

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, that's what Hitler and Mussolini and Tojo said until they got their asses kicked by the "home of the Fail"...and poverty level in the US is upper middle class in the Philippines. There are 350 mi

The US Government is out of control, and that is why I am now in the Philippines. The only way I will ever go back to the US is under armed guards carrying an arrest warrant. ...and if some idiot in h

Smith, I doubt that timing had ANYTHING to do with the visa denial. The simple fact is that your wife was applying for the visa using a Philippine passport. That, BY ITSELF, is enough to have a touris

dablindfrog

I am sorry AgentSmith that you and your spouse had to endure this BS. You are right that continually illegals from Mexico will crossover and nothing is done to prevent this. They drain the U.S. financially and yet the people in power continue to make stupid decisions. I don't want to say anymore because if I do, I might be classified as "Enemy of the State".

it's a very simplistic view, one that is unfortunately shared by many insecure citizens, the fact remains that if they were all sent home then the day you need your lawn mowed or a quick fix from a plumber you'll have to look far and wide!

Jess Bartone

free now all of a sudden...

...a Communist dictatorship until merely 20 years ago.

I may take the time one day to explain the difference between "all of a sudden" and "20 years ago".

I may also deign to pass on my thesis on "The Inherent Impotence of Inconsequential Soliloquy".

I had big plans to take my wife to Los Angeles to visit my brother, a 20-year green card holder. However, after seeing how the Americans are treating their friends and allies, that plan has been shelved indefinitely. Perhaps he will fly up and meet us in Vancouver, and we can throw our money around there.

Uh, what area would that be ?? Only an American would think that a lot of illegal Canadians would want to cross into the US !!! :closedeyes:

That is pretty hillarious!! I'm pretty sure its THOSE Americans that are staffing Homeland Security!

However there's a helluva lot of Canadians entering the US at NY border crossings to commit crimes everyday! I even admit that I having been guilty of this SEVERAL times. Its the crime of not declaring the cheap beer I bought in Buffalo, upon my return to Canada! But thats not as bad as those nasty Canadian women snatching up those Coach bags at Premier outlets, and smuggling them back over the border. Homeland Security, and CBSA unite to defeat these boogey-men!!!

it's a very simplistic view, one that is unfortunately shared by many insecure citizens, the fact remains that if they were all sent home then the day you need your lawn mowed or a quick fix from a plumber you'll have to look far and wide!

If Mexicans have taken all the plumber jobs in the US, theres a real problem. Plumbing is a skilled trade, and if only illegal Mexicans are doing it, then that means they are extremely undercutting the job market. It means a legal American, would not bother to waste his time and money learning the trade because the reward is now too low.

Of course, illegal immigrants are great for the job market...IF you're the one hiring!! Why hire students in the summer to pick fruit, when an illegal Mexican will undercut a 16 year-old by 5 dollars a day?

And if you are too lazy to mow your own lawn...sigh

Experienced

Thats because Canada isnt the problem !! Its the USA that treats immigrant and visa applicants and visitors all like potential terrorists.

The sad thing is they seem to treat all actual terrorists like happy go lucky students off for a cultural awareness adventure.

• 2 weeks later...

What we realized later is that it was probably a bad idea to apply for a tourist visa leading up to the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I'm sure they were denying almost everybody. I won't comment on how ridiculous that is.

It is pretty sad when frustrated (un)civil servants have so much power to decide over other human beings. Mostly their decision are based upon personal grunges or dislikes (Even envy or jealousy could play a role)

Its is similar in Germany. I can not recall any person, who was not in a possession of a b1/b2(indefinitly) USA Visa in the eighties. Then they changed the law and allowed everyone to come to the land of the free without a Visa.

After some reports that people get rejected at the border ( and sent home !) many of them decided to carry their old Visa into their new passports and were denied. ( Not me, i had it always transferred immediately, cause it seems, you only have 6 months for the transfer)

However, many people which did not get their Visa transferred or only a "one time" visa were pissed off. It is always hard to learn that one suddenly isn't "worth" the same anymore. So many of them (i read that in another blog ) said, foggedabout it to the Consular Visa section and will now most probably never go to the USA anymore AND carry strong ANTI US sentiments in their hearts.

If i'd be in charge of foreign affairs, i would made it compulsary for each rejection to state a valid reason why, and create a bilateral body where eventual complaints could be resolved.

just a quick question young man lol I have step brother living in errfurt germany and he wants me to come visit can i take my philipino girlfriend into germany from here in cebu is a visa required for her I know i dont need one .

We have FREE universal Health Care

Paid with TAXES is not the same as FREE. :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

Paid with TAXES is not the same as FREE. :biggrin_01:

Yeah you are right. But I would rather pay the 500 hundred or so extra dollars a year in taxes, than pay the 300 or so bucks a month to a private insurer that it would cost me with my pre-existing condition (if I could get insurance at all). Trust me, with the surgery I had that kept me in ICU for 2 weeks, and another 2 weeks in the general ward, its been way MORE than FREE for me. You can keep your tax "savings", thank you very much. I got to keep my house, and wasn't cheated out of payouts by a private insurance company. :biggrin_01:

• Like 1

OP: Sorry for your experience but obviously it's not unique to the US. The problem lies in the fact that logic doesn't enter into the equation. The rules for the interviewers are vague and their job security is based on the number of interviews they do whether approved or denied. I'm sure nobody wants to be publicly named as the interviewer who allowed the latest terrorist entry so that is motivation to err on caution. With different interviewers interpreting the rules differently there is a good bit of randomness built in. But I think that is by design. They don't want to give out a road map for success. (They don't want a situation where a person with a job making X and a bank account with a balance of Y gets approved, so everyone gets that and expects to get approved.) I really disagree with an interviewer having that much power though. I think any denials should go to some kind of review committee as an appeal or something like that. But tourism just isn't a high enough priority for that.

Another thing in this thread is about repeat denials. For the US 'officially' repeated denials for B-2 do not weigh against the applicant. I was told of (perhaps I read it here) a Filipina who tried for B-2 9 or 10 times only to be approved on the last try and is now TNT. Not sure if that was true but could be.

Mpt1947: I think HeadShot is jaded to the B-2 process because his wife was denied and had a very valid reason to visit the US. I don't have any first hand knowledge of other Americans trying to get their wife a B-2 other than he and I. On paper he and I are very similar. Similar ages for us and our wives, similar length of time in Cebu, similar length of marriage, both have 13As. His wife got a bad interviewer and was denied, mine got a good one so she was approved. You have a long time before you need it so I would try for the B-2. Denial of the B-2 won't hurt her chances for a spousal visa. You'll risk the fees, a round trip to Manila and maybe p1K for cab fare and if she's approved the payment to have her passport sent back by Air21 or whoever does that. She'll need to have a pen with her. In fact a pen is more useful to her than you being with her. If she'd ok with an early AM flight to Manila and taking a cab to the Embassy and back, there's no reason for you to go along. PM me if you want more tips.

Panzertotem

Well ain't that somethin...... The USA is not what it used to be, 50 million living at poverty level. How many Philippinos are there again? The land of the depraved home of the FAIL.

• Admin (Retired)

our government tends to advocate poverty

dennis1105

Well ain't that somethin...... The USA is not what it used to be, 50 million living at poverty level. How many Philippinos are there again? The land of the depraved home of the FAIL.

Yea, that's what Hitler and Mussolini and Tojo said until they got their asses kicked by the "home of the Fail"...and poverty level in the US is upper middle class in the Philippines. There are 350 million Americans that don't know anyone in the rest of the world....don't want to know anyone in the rest of the world and couldn't give a feck less what anyone else thinks of the US. We didn't become the most powerful country in the world by catering to, copying, or appeasing the rest of the world...Anyone that doesn't like America that's OK...just stay away....America doesn't need you. If the US ever decides to take care of Americans first..the rest of the world is in big trouble. The world should not wake a sleeping self-sufficient (if they have to be) giant. Just sayin........

Dennis

• Like 2