US Tourist Visa Denial

lazydays

Screw em, plenty of other places to spend your hard earned money!

• Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smitty

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, that's what Hitler and Mussolini and Tojo said until they got their asses kicked by the "home of the Fail"...and poverty level in the US is upper middle class in the Philippines. There are 350 mi

The US Government is out of control, and that is why I am now in the Philippines. The only way I will ever go back to the US is under armed guards carrying an arrest warrant. ...and if some idiot in h

Smith, I doubt that timing had ANYTHING to do with the visa denial. The simple fact is that your wife was applying for the visa using a Philippine passport. That, BY ITSELF, is enough to have a touris

udonthani

Its is similar in Germany. Then they changed the law and allowed everyone to come to the land of the free without a Visa.

so Germany is the land of the free now all of a sudden is it. I thought a third of it was a Communist dictatorship until merely 20 years ago.

I'm wondering if your wife applied and was denied, for whatever reason, for some sort of Visa to Canada when she was married to the Canadian?

Sorry for the confusion... I am the Canadian she was married to (and still am ;-))

If you had a DWI(or other non felony charge) 30 years ago or even a lot less,to get into Canada from the USA you have to submit some document(don't know what it's called)and pay a fee and then see if it's approved.I know a guy who had to do this.

Well on the flip side of the coin, Canada is the one that will not allow one to enter if they had a DWI 30 years ago!

How paranoid is that?

Larry in Dumaguete

Headshot

Well, Smith, you can always just fly 90 miles further (than Florida) and go to Cuba. Almost all Americans you see there are there illegally (because most Americans are not allowed to go there by their own State Department).

Trust me when I tell you that Americans hate their State Department policies as much as anybody else. Any Filipina married to an American citizen can forget about ever getting a US tourist visa. Her chances of winning the lottery are greater. After my wife was denied, we had to get her a spousal visa (an immigration visa), so she could just go and visit my family. We had no intent to stay in the US, but couldn't get a tourist visa, so we had to go to the additional expense of an immigration visa (which is seldom denied).

I believe that you won't get any argument from most any American who has ever had to deal with the US State Department as to how jacked-up the department is toward Filipinas. The US State Department is a nest of vipers, and does great disservice to the United States.

• Like 1

well said agent smith haha i bet that was nice gettin that lot off ya chest .well half my family are in the states too and i cant see them givin ma misus a visa either to go and visit and im british .it pisses me off big time that we try and do everything by the book then get denied while thousands of them slip over the border .

Stranded Shipscook

so Germany is the land of the free now all of a sudden is it. I thought a third of it was a Communist dictatorship until merely 20 years ago.

Maybe my post was difficult to interpret, i refereed to the USA- (b1/b2 are us visas). I edited the post in question now,(although when one reads the entire post, he knows what i meant ) thanks for the hint

Edited by Guenther

Sorry for the confusion... I am the Canadian she was married to (and still am ;-))

Sorry, I misunderstood. But I do believe once you are denied once, it becomes harder the next time, and so on. Your story is pretty bloody sad though.

If it makes u feel any better Australian Immigration are just as bad, also if it makes u feel any better my partner has been refused three times on a tourist visa to Aussie, it cost us A$315 in total, as i have said to Mae she should get herself to Christmas Island and do wot all the other queue jumpers do, anyway i have just let it slide no good gettin upset, Governments dont give a shit about this sort of thing, to me they r bias against single Filipino women and no amount of evidence you produce or no matter how correct ur application is in relation to a Tousrist Visa they will change the goal post at the drop of a hat, happen to us.

Where i live in Western Australia is regard as an international tourist destination, there r nationalities from everywhere including most Asian countries, those that u would deem developed, also we have in the last few years gained here in town quiet a few Filipinos working mainly in the Marine/Aquaculture industry, they obviously come here on a different visa.

Cheers

Mark

FirstTimeInCebu

Mark, you are so correct. Be it Aussie government or U.S. government, or any other form of government so biased, racist, narrow minded, etc.

lifeisgood

That sucks man. Have her fly to Mexico and run across the border. She will then be able to get citizenship a lot faster compared to the saps that actually go through the immigration process.

• Like 1

Well, Smith, you can always just fly 90 miles further (than Florida) and go to Cuba. Almost all Americans you see there are there illegally (because most Americans are not allowed to go there by their own State Department).

I actually forgot to mention in my OP that Cuba is now where we plan on vacationing this winter. The 140 bucks could have went well towards an all-inclusive resort in Cuba. Oh well, live and learn.

Stranded Shipscook

Quote from Jeff Dunham "Jalapena on a stick"

'I am a Cuban, i was born in Miami" :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCjwNGHdjcs

That sucks man. Have her fly to Mexico and run across the border. She will then be able to get citizenship a lot faster compared to the saps that actually go through the immigration process.

Ironic isn't it? But she's already here in Canada, and will be able to apply for Canadian citizenship in 2 years. Once she has that and a Canadian passport, she'll be basically be able to cross into the US as she pleases. I guess no Di$ney World for her and my son until then. Saves me money :)

Trust me when I tell you that Americans hate their State Department policies as much as anybody else. Any Filipina married to an American citizen can forget about ever getting a US tourist visa. Her chances of winning the lottery are greater. After my wife was denied, we had to get her a spousal visa (an immigration visa), so she could just go and visit my family. We had no intent to stay in the US, but couldn't get a tourist visa, so we had to go to the additional expense of an immigration visa (which is seldom denied).

I believe that you won't get any argument from most any American who has ever had to deal with the US State Department as to how jacked-up the department is toward Filipinas. The US State Department is a nest of vipers, and does great disservice to the United States.

OK - we are looking at a tourist visa and hoping we will get it, because of our age - my wife is over 50 and I am only 12 yrs older than her.

She can show financial and other ties to the Philippines and I will have a 13a which shows my intent to stay in the Philippines.

If we are denied and then apply for a Spousal Visa don't I need to show that I have financial ties to the US? Which I don't. I think I will take the advice of someones else here and spend our money in visiting other SE Countries and this vast Land called the Philippines