US Tourist Visa Denial

This post is more of a rant, because I'm pretty pissed off at the momment. Let me preface this by saying that I actually like most Americans I know and have met. But I'm sorry, your government and the amount of paranoia that has infested its culture disgusts me. It is little wonder that the US has lost the respect of the world. Anyway, while millions of illegal immigrants from Mexico and other countries are spilling over US borders, my wife was denied a B2 Travel Visa to the United States on the grounds that there is not enough ties to keep her in the country of her residence.

She is a permanent resident of CANADA!

Are you kidding me? Do you know how much of a fool a person would have to be to leave her legal status in Canada, to become an ILLEGAL alien in the US? Our economy is booming, while the US economy is currently in tatters. We have FREE universal Health Care, while the US has some mutant Obamacare system. She has a fulltime job here, and a husband who takes care of everything beyond that for her. What job would she receive in the US? THERE ARE NO JOBS THERE!!! The only thing in the US we wanted to enjoy was a bit of Florida sunshine in the winter, which is the reason why my wife applied for a TOURIST VISA!! But no...denied by a cantankerous menopausal haggard woman on a power-trip.

Well, Uncle Sam, I hope you use the 140 dollars it cost us for the interview, on a welfare check for your unemployed or to pay down your debt to China, because you will not be seeing another cent from us in the form of another Visa application fee (aka money grab) nor on any of the thousands of dollars we were planning to spend on vacations in your country (much needed money for your sagging economy I would think). No, we will spend our next winter vacation in Cuba if we must, as they will welcome us with open arms with my Canadian passport and my wife's Filipino one.

By the way, the last Filipina I know who received a K1 visa to the US is a known scammer from Albuera. She's married to a Filipino under a different name, mother of 3 who abandoned her 8 year old son to beg for food around my wife's home sitio. Way to go INS! We even warned you with several calls/emails to the US Manila embassy. Well good luck with another scammer who is going to bleed a US citizen dry, while eventually sending all his money back to Leyte. NICE!!

But no worries, I have no plan to EVER step inside the Excited States of Paranoia again. Even when my wife becomes a citizen of Canada in less than 2 years and will no longer need a visa, we will not vacation there, not even TRANSIT through there on the way to the Philippines. Too bad the same can't be said for the millions of illegal Mexicans draining your system dry. Good luck on the future to my US citizen friends...I think you guys are really going to need it.

</rant>

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 1
  • Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Smitty

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

• mpt1947

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yea, that's what Hitler and Mussolini and Tojo said until they got their asses kicked by the "home of the Fail"...and poverty level in the US is upper middle class in the Philippines. There are 350 mi

The US Government is out of control, and that is why I am now in the Philippines. The only way I will ever go back to the US is under armed guards carrying an arrest warrant. ...and if some idiot in h

Smith, I doubt that timing had ANYTHING to do with the visa denial. The simple fact is that your wife was applying for the visa using a Philippine passport. That, BY ITSELF, is enough to have a touris

Davaoeno

I made a decision 7 years ago to never enter the USA again - unless I had no other choice !! Gangland security can go to hell as far as I am concerned 1!

• Like 1
Baywak

That's Strange.Back when my wife only was legal permanent resident of the USA we travelled into Canada and she did not need any Visa,only her Philippine passport and permanent resident card.We never stayed longer then a couple weeks in canada but I don't think there would have been any problem even if we stayed longer.

That's Strange.Back when my wife only was legal permanent resident of the USA we travelled into Canada and she did not need any Visa,only her Philippine passport and permanent resident card.We never stayed longer then a couple weeks in canada but I don't think there would have been any problem even if we stayed longer.

Well exactly Baywak, if you are a Filipino passport holder but have your green card, you can enter Canada WITHOUT a visa. Which is the way it should be. The odds are pretty good that if you are a permenant resident of either country, you will have already cleared the criteria for visa waiver for either country. But no, not as far as the US is concerned. Well, atleast in the eyes of the cantankerous hag who interviewed my wife.

Edited by AgentSmith
  • Like 1
Davaoeno

Thats because Canada isnt the problem !! Its the USA that treats immigrant and visa applicants and visitors all like potential terrorists.

My 2 friends came to visit me in Canada from Florida. They were both born in the US and both are Viet Nam War vets. They had no problem entering or leaving Canada, but spent almost 3 hours at US Immigration when going back home. They were both furious.

Thats because Canada isnt the problem !! Its the USA that treats immigrant and visa applicants and visitors all like potential terrorists.

The first time I flew to the Philippines in 2009 also happened to be the first time I flew to the US post 9/11, as I had to transfer through Detroit. They have US customs for pre-clearance at Toronto's International Airport. For some reason, I was put through to secondary inspection and my luggage was thoroughly rummaged through by customs. The name of the inspector? Muhammad. The irony was not lost on me.

The transits through the various US cities on my first 2 trips were nothing but hell thanks to US customs, well O'Hare was hell for more than that reason but that's a different story. My last 2 trips I have avoided that hell and flew direct to Korea, and I will never transit through the US again. Its not my loss, its the their loss as far as I'm concerned.

Edited by AgentSmith
shadow

Well on the flip side of the coin, Canada is the one that will not allow one to enter if they had a DWI 30 years ago!

How paranoid is that?

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow

Well on the flip side of the coin, Canada is the one that will not allow one to enter if they had a DWI 30 years ago!

Larry in Dumaguete

Likewise for the US, even if you had a pardon by the Canadian government. Either way its stupid, but I guess its the price we pay to maintain our fragile freedoms and our fleeting safety. Thank god we have governments like these to protect us! </sarcasm>

tom_shor

They do it to everyone. I know a number of American citizens who also had tourist visa's denied for their spouse or girlfriend. It's pretty crappy when your own government automaticly assumes you are a liar and a crook.

I am sorry for you, but not surprised that your wife's visa was denied. Both our governments have stupid policies.

BTW- the Canadian ban is 10 years after completion of your sentence for DUI, not 30. You've been away for a while, Larry.

Edited by mikewinkler
FirstTimeInCebu

I am sorry AgentSmith that you and your spouse had to endure this BS. You are right that continually illegals from Mexico will crossover and nothing is done to prevent this. They drain the U.S. financially and yet the people in power continue to make stupid decisions. I don't want to say anymore because if I do, I might be classified as "Enemy of the State".

My lovely wife has been denied the right to enter Canada PERMANENTLY. She is a mother of 3 Canadian citizens, has been married to another for 10+ years, owns property and a business and has never been in any kind of trouble.

We applied for a tourist visa when we were dating (a very long time ago), she was denied, we applied again when we got married, denied again. Two denials and she is now on some kind of watch list and has been told explicitly that she will never get any kind of visa to go to Canada.

Its not just the US that has dicks working in its immigration office.

RetiredNavyGuy

The US Government is out of control, and that is why I am now in the Philippines. The only way I will ever go back to the US is under armed guards carrying an arrest warrant. ...and if some idiot in homeland security wants to declare a retired veteran as an enemy of the state because of that, so be it. They really don't want me back on US soil...another pissed-off person who knows how to fight and use multiple weapons. I would think they would want to keep us all OUT of the country. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

My lovely wife has been denied the right to enter Canada PERMANENTLY. She is a mother of 3 Canadian citizens, has been married to another for 10+ years, owns property and a business and has never been in any kind of trouble.

We applied for a tourist visa when we were dating (a very long time ago), she was denied, we applied again when we got married, denied again. Two denials and she is now on some kind of watch list and has been told explicitly that she will never get any kind of visa to go to Canada.

Its not just the US that has dicks working in its immigration office.

I'm wondering if your wife applied and was denied, for whatever reason, for some sort of Visa to Canada when she was married to the Canadian? I believe, that both countries have some system that if you apply for a visa and are denied, it becomes (quite unfairly IMHO) increasingly difficult to obtain a visa on your next application. That's what I was afraid of about my wife's denial. But its ok, I don't plan on vacationing there now in the near future.

And I didn't start this thread to be a US vs Canada thread, I believe you when you say there are dicks working in the Canadian system as well. Trust me, I know some of them. Also my wife's first experience to Canada was with an arrogant rude Immigration officer when she arrived in Calgary. And there I was telling her that most Canadians were friendly before she came here, I just forgot to tell her about the Customs and Immigrations officers!! LOL!

Stranded Shipscook

It is pretty sad when frustrated (un)civil servants have so much power to decide over other human beings. Mostly their decision are based upon personal grunges or dislikes (Even envy or jealousy could play a role)

Its is similar in Germany. I can not recall any person, who was not in a possession of a b1/b2(indefinitly) USA Visa in the eighties. Then they changed the law and allowed everyone to come to the land of the free without a Visa.

After some reports that people get rejected at the border ( and sent home !) many of them decided to carry their old Visa into their new passports and were denied. ( Not me, i had it always transferred immediately, cause it seems, you only have 6 months for the transfer)

However, many people which did not get their Visa transferred or only a "one time" visa were pissed off. It is always hard to learn that one suddenly isn't "worth" the same anymore. So many of them (i read that in another blog ) said, foggedabout it to the Consular Visa section and will now most probably never go to the USA anymore AND carry strong ANTI US sentiments in their hearts.

If i'd be in charge of foreign affairs, i would made it compulsary for each rejection to state a valid reason why, and create a bilateral body where eventual complaints could be resolved.

Edited by Guenther