• I am not sure
    • I hope so
    • She respects me
    • Probably for convenience
    • I believed so, but now...?
    • I don't think so
    • She wants only my wealth
    • She has always just used me

Of course my wife loves me. Who wouldn't?

Off course she loves you …………………

But, as they say the proof of the pudding is in the eating ………… people changed, etc, etc so no one can really say for sure until the relationship stood the “TEST of TIME”. Or the relationship has stood up on lifes trial – that makes many marriages broke down!!!

Till then, que sera, sera ……….

Exactly right. We may all (or most of us anyway) know our spouses will love us forever but only those who have had a long marriage already can say that with any real credibility. A more telling poll would be travel back in time ask the same question of divorced people who were raped (figuritively) by their spouses. Go back to when they'd only been married a year or so. I bet the responses would be pretty much the same as we have here.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• Davaoeno

• broden

• For Real

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i remembering hearing somewhere a long time ago still stands true   the heart is an amazing thing. it's the one part of you that you can give fully to one person and still have all of it l

I think human nature is... well, universal. The only thing that makes the percentage of gold-diggers here in the Philippines a higher average than in more affluent nations is poverty. In fact, I almos

hey all, there is another option here. in business we used to call it the definition of a "good deal". WE both get what WE want. is that so wrong??? i am not saying there cant be love somewhere down t

Posted Images

For Real

Of course my wife loves me. Who wouldn't?

Exactly right. We may all (or most of us anyway) know our spouses will love us forever but only those who have had a long marriage already can say that with any real credibility. A more telling poll would be travel back in time ask the same question of divorced people who were raped (figuritively) by their spouses. Go back to when they'd only been married a year or so. I bet the responses would be pretty much the same as we have here.

Now you are talkin.

My ex loved me on her good days only...I had settled for being a side dish...right up until the day she left me for another woman.

After the first year of that marriage i would have voted 'not sure'

Stranded Shipscook

i think almost all relationships and marriages start of romantic. Then (the ones failed) after 6 or 9 months the chemical love storm fades a bit and is replaced by a more "mature" feeling towards each other.Then the mutual work has to begin.

If this doesn't work then for whatever reason, its over. (at least for one party)

on other factor i remembered from some failed relationships was my mistake that i did "develop" to fast (in younger years) and did not "wait" or helped the other partner to progress or develop with me. So we faded apart.

According to most of my old friends this is exactly what happened to their failed marriages. So sometimes one should make sure, that the partner will grow WITH one and not focus only on his own development (Career or whatever)

This of course does not apply when one is stagnant and doesn't change or explore new things anymore. ( As elder couples which are happy with their daily life and routine.)

But it becomes crucial when he introduces a new partner in life, who comes from a different culture and is maybe a lot younger.

Very easy for me, she loves me and always has, especially since I dont have much money and told her before we married, we would not live in the United States. She was happy with that and now we have 2 girls and no intention of leaving. Fun poll, my wife is very happy with my answer hehe.

NO.Nice lady,sweetest babe I ever met,but she only cares about herself and what she wants to do and where she wants to go in life.

Jnj,

I had a relationship like that(she would sit in front of the mirror for 1 hour each morning)we lived together for 8 years.I paid all the bills on this side of the world and on her family side

but she never really had time to spend with me or my family.

Oh how I wish her sweet smile did not make me so happy.

As time went bye and I saw the light...I moved on,never thinking I would never find real love,which bye the way I found in Cebu in less than a year looking.

Life is like a box of chocolate.

• Like 1

IMO quite ridiculous to accept such when there is real Love and affection in the beautiful Filipina.

Hey Paddy...read my post again....I said I was ok with it....and that makes it ok for me...ok?

Sure its OK. ??

My comment still stands and is still valid. IMO !! :scratch_head:

IMO...I think the eagle is living in cookoo land.

In my "land of Marital BLISS" Cuckoo land is inhabited by the less fortunate.....

At first I used to think she did...but as time goes by and as I become more experienced with life in the philippines along with my two visits and certain observations....If I had to put money on it I would say she may like me...but does not love me.I believe the Philipinos have a tribe mentality and if you arnt one of them... you are not going to be totally in their tribe...i believe that if they had a choice of being with a foreigner with money or a philipino with money they would choose the latter.Its not a big deal to me if she does or doesnt...as long as we dont hate each other and fighting every day im ok with it.

I commented

IMO quite wrong to accept such when there is real Love and affection in the beautiful Filipina. IMHO & Experience.

I would Walk the walk.???

My Asawa says "Very sad".

ps. Consider the poll result. ? (top)...

Tom

none of us can judge what is and what is not acceptable to another person - nor should we

Then why fkn post if not to expect, Judgement criticism and praise = COMMENT ? As warranted. WTF

I made my comment having read the post above. That is what happens on Forums. The poster put out his story and I commented on it. :scratch_head:

If someone posts such on a forum then they must accept that their post will be commented upon.

My response was NOT imposing my will but simply saying it is IMO ridiculous to settle for less .

My opinion as posted was MY OPINION not an imposition. :bighug:

However Batman stooped to a slag reply. :thumbs_down:

Edited by EAGLE

I knew a man in America married to an Asian. Some reason he got suspicious that something wasn't right. Maybe he smelled something in his bedroom. One morning when he was ready for work he switched on a video camera in his bedroom. When he returned home later that afternoon, I watched the video. Shortly after he went to work an Asian from her country came into the bedroom and had sex with his wife. He filed for a divorce and didn't have to give her anything.

The lesson of the story, don't be blind. The same thing may be happening right in front of your nose. Its only natural for a girl to feel affection for someone with the same culture and language as her. Accept the fact, poor people like you for your money. If given a choice she would rather have a rich boyfriend or husband who is the same as her.

• Like 2
Davaoeno

I commented

IMO quite wrong to accept such when there is real Love and affection in the beautiful Filipina. IMHO & Experience.

I would Walk the walk.???

My Asawa says "Very sad".

ps. Consider the poll result. ? (top)...

Tom

Then why fkn post if not to expect, Judgement criticism and praise = COMMENT ? As warranted. WTF

I made my comment having read the post above. That is what happens on Forums. The poster put out his story and I commented on it. :biggrin_01:

If someone posts such on a forum then they must accept that their post will be commented upon.

My response was NOT imposing my will but simply saying it is IMO ridiculous to settle for less .

My opinion as posted was MY OPINION not an imposition. :biggrin_01:

However Batman stooped to a slag reply. :biggrin_01:

Just because we shouldnt judge what is an appropriate feeling for another to feel doesnt mean we cant comment on how absurd we might find it to be !

At first I used to think she did...but as time goes by and as I become more experienced with life in the philippines along with my two visits and certain observations....If I had to put money on it I would say she may like me...but does not love me.I believe the Philipinos have a tribe mentality and if you arnt one of them... you are not going to be totally in their tribe...i believe that if they had a choice of being with a foreigner with money or a philipino with money they would choose the latter.Its not a big deal to me if she does or doesnt...as long as we dont hate each other and fighting every day im ok with it.

When I met my father in law for the first time and I told him I wanted to marry his daughter he pointed to his wife - and said they had been married for over 50 yrs. He said the most important thing that has kept their marriage going over all those years - good and bad times, was that they liked each other.

You don't hurt people you like, you work harder on relationships with people you like - if the love starts to leave and you like someone, they may stay and find that the love is still there just needed a little cultivating.

PS - I think you find that tribe mentality in a lot of families not just Filipinos. My first wife was a mix of German and Irish - I never fit in on the German side, so I didn't get on that well with my father in law, but my mother in law was Irish as am I - even after my wife and I divorced, my mother in law and I got on very well with each other.

Edited by mpt1947
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes she always has loved me no matter what.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

threads been going for just over a month

she still loves me