• I hope so
    • She respects me
    • Probably for convenience
    • I believed so, but now...?
    • I don't think so
    • She wants only my wealth
    • She has always just used me

mahogany

With so many comments and posts presently making the round addressing relationships with a Filipina and - thanks to musicman666 and the blog link that he shared this morning - I just cannot resist to share a comment by Santiago Vargas which I found in that referenced blog here: http://www.ich9.com/cultural-baggage/filipino-men-do-not-deserve-filipinas/

Quote: "Filipino women who marries Caucasian or Blacks especially Americans are GOLD DIGGERS, no doubt about it. Love? no freaking way my friend! its all about money, money and green card. They want their children to be “matangos ang ilong para mag artista nalang”"

Consequently the poll: is Ms. Vargas wrong? Or is she right, and we are the great exceptions?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• EAGLE

• broden

• Davaoeno

• For Real

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

something i remembering hearing somewhere a long time ago still stands true   the heart is an amazing thing. it's the one part of you that you can give fully to one person and still have all of it l

I think human nature is... well, universal. The only thing that makes the percentage of gold-diggers here in the Philippines a higher average than in more affluent nations is poverty. In fact, I almos

hey all, there is another option here. in business we used to call it the definition of a "good deal". WE both get what WE want. is that so wrong??? i am not saying there cant be love somewhere down t

Posted Images

• Admin (Retired)
broden

can't speak for anyone else but for me and my wife

only one choice in this poll

"Yes, she always has"

never a doubt about it

• Like 2

Does she love you?

Oh YES !!! indeedeeee. :voodoo:

SHE does LOVE me and I her.!

Edited by EAGLE
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

sorry missed your question

is Santiago Vargas right or wrong?

having an opinion is one thing but generalizing in that way makes her a bigot perhaps against several groups including her own people

• Like 2

Without a doubt, she loves me and always has

sorry missed your question

is Santiago Vargas right or wrong?

having an opinion is one thing but generalizing in that way makes her a bigot perhaps against several groups including her own people

Crab mentality.

For Real

She loves me - I have been very wealthy and not so wealthy during our relationship and the love is just the same...there is only one poll option for me.

This article makes a slight change. Vargas is attacking his own culture, whereas there have been a number of foreigners (online and on radio stations) blasting "trashy Filipinos"

My own wife would be hurt to read this...just the same as some of the idiotic posts on LinC.

She wasn't out looking for me...just happened to be introduced through a mutual friend.

That being said...just because a Pinay is on the Web looking for a husband, that doesn't make her a whore or a gold digger.

Santiago is no better...or worse than the foreign men who believe all Pinay's need to be controlled because they are scammers.

• Like 2

NO.Nice lady,sweetest babe I ever met,but she only cares about herself and what she wants to do and where she wants to go in life.

Stranded Shipscook

Can i also vote ? I am already a Filipino.

I mean, i got no Money, i am a lazy bum, i hardly work and i do not see much difference anymore :biggrin_01:

PS- i like that other link more than this thread, seems to get hot in there :voodoo:

hey all, there is another option here. in business we used to call it the definition of a "good deal". WE both get what WE want. is that so wrong??? i am not saying there cant be love somewhere down the line, but it usually takes some time to grow, doesnt it??

bill

• Like 4
For Real

hey all, there is another option here. in business we used to call it the definition of a "good deal". WE both get what WE want. is that so wrong??? i am not saying there cant be love somewhere down the line, but it usually takes some time to grow, doesnt it??

bill

Hey Munchkin,

Ok, if that is your experience...so be it.

A good deal in Business is always win/win. But I am 2 very different people in my love/family life and my business life. One is all about trust...one is about trust being something earned.

I wouldn't die, kill of give my all to my business life like I would/do for my wife

Every lady I ever heard say...i will learn to love him was in the relationship to escape poverty...marrying for money. I need to hear more to be sure of what you are saying

Take Care Munch

A_Simple_Man

I have no doubt she loves me. In the beginning she was happy to be with me and that grew into a natural progression of love. It seems that she loves me more and more each day and I use the 'L' word more frequently too.

I wasn't looking for love and fought hard not to fall. I still don't believe that love is some magic cure all that will ensure a perfect relationship but I cannot deny its existence. While there may be truth in the belief that a filipina requires security as much or more than love, I will testify that at least this one loves me as much or more than any girl from my own country and culture ever has.

If it ain't love then its something better that I have no name for.

• Like 3

NO.Nice lady,sweetest babe I ever met,but she only cares about herself and what she wants to do and where she wants to go in life.

Walk the walk. IMHO :voodoo:

Englishman_on_Tour

If she's prepared to marry into poverty then you should be assured it's all good. If you allow her to believe you have immense wealth you'll never know.

Here is my way of looking at it ... Every woman is looking for Provison, Protection and Leadership and that is what she falls inlove with...It takes time to know each other and our true motives will unvail themself to both of you.

If you are prepaired to give it all, you will be the winner. If you are a user you will be one unhappy person when you lay in your bed and close your eyes.

I am not suggesting you act foolishlly, that is part of the protection.. Not every person can handle wealth to some it winds up a cruse to other a blessing to be shared. Leaders will train People who are in their life, if the are called to protect them even from themself. That is Provision at it's best.

• Like 1