Anybody got any experience with Slingbox?

philinvegas

Sling Media produces the Slingbox, which allows users to access programming from their cable, satellite, or digital video recorder. To access the programming, you just need a broadband Internet connection to turn your laptop or other mobile device into a portable television. The appliance streams the programming over the Internet to be accessed when you are away from the home.

do a Google search on slingbox

or copy and paste this:

http://72.14.203.104/searchq=cache:P7jMpSG...t=clnk&cd=2

then click on "Take a Product Tour"

Really a cool thing. And no monthly fees. First you just gotta find a buddy from where you want to get his tv programs. Seems like the cost could be recovered in less than six months.

Anyone got any experience with this yet?

It does look like wonderful techonology. If you have a tivo and sling box hooked up to a broadband connection in the states, then you can theoretically record and download what you want from cable as it pleases you.

I am planning on playing with this in October, November, or December in the states. This will be just prior to my heading over for my initial scouting trip to Phil for retirement. I hope to have a slingbox and tivo setup worked out prior to leaving. We'll see how it goes.

Tatoosh aka Jeepster

• 1 month later...

i did put a comment onthis thread about where can i get slingbox. but seems my post gone missing.

anyway, where can get slingbox.

• 2 weeks later...
i did put a comment onthis thread about where can i get slingbox. but seems my post gone missing.

anyway, where can get slingbox.

He gerro, I was looking on the footer that you use ( smf ) mmh the owner of that site is the owner of the holland-philippines forum.

But if I look at that site and you wanna download something....you must pay for it???

Never pay for stuff like that, there are enough sites to get free software..

Be a member of the www.iceclan.nl/forum and you get it for free just like movies and music.

But also hacks and cracks,hardware,gsm software.

When you have any comp. problems they will help you...for free!!

And all the programs that you get there have a key build in.

just try it

It does look like wonderful techonology. If you have a tivo and sling box hooked up to a broadband connection in the states, then you can theoretically record and download what you want from cable as it pleases you.

I am planning on playing with this in October, November, or December in the states. This will be just prior to my heading over for my initial scouting trip to Phil for retirement. I hope to have a slingbox and tivo setup worked out prior to leaving. We'll see how it goes.

Tatoosh aka Jeepster

I look foward to your future posts on this issue. Thanks! :lol: