Screwed up and Ineffective System

TheMatrix

Wow! They still accept Baptismal Certs? Those are so easy to make. I remember the days when the U.S. still took them. Oh, the good ole' days when creating a new identity was easy. :lmao:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Easyrider

• David Spicer

• shadow

• Stranded Shipscook

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I shall not go with the flow if there are ways around it...   As far as DFA visits etc. are concerned, it is always a good idea to do it in due time - if possible. One way around the long waiting l

My wife and I went to renew her passport in Tacloban last year, also to apply for my son's Philippine passport. We arrived about an hour after they opened, took our number and our seats, filled up the

shadow

For 30 years or so, the NBI clearance was done by one company (forget the specifics). It was an inefficient card index system that has been working well for many years. About two months ago, in an effort to make everything run much smoother and better, a new contractor was hired (who has no experience whatsoever in the field, but is owned by a politician), and they are converting the system to a new and improved computer system. Hey, they made it to the 1980s! You should be rejoicing! The entire system is F***** up right now, some people have been waiting two months already.

As with the passport problems earlier this year, this too should work itself out eventually.

Larry in Dumaguete

wewearproperpantsforyou.com could be added to address the recent joke made by the immigration authority on dress code. Before any attack, its a joke because people have to wait a LOT and there is no air con in any of these offices.

I beg to differ. The Davao office is air-conditioned.

Mark

For 30 years or so, the NBI clearance was done by one company (forget the specifics). It was an inefficient card index system that has been working well for many years. About two months ago, in an effort to make everything run much smoother and better, a new contractor was hired (who has no experience whatsoever in the field, but is owned by a politician), and they are converting the system to a new and improved computer system. Hey, they made it to the 1980s! You should be rejoicing! The entire system is F***** up right now, some people have been waiting two months already.

As with the passport problems earlier this year, this too should work itself out eventually.

Larry in Dumaguete

I have watched so many US Federal agencies try to "improve" a functioning old card system with automation. It usually costs a lot of money and doesn't work until the 4th or 5th iteration. They also generally neglect to gather requirements from anyone other then the executive who signs the check so the final system is no better for the end users. Welcome to the First World!

-Chris

David Spicer

I beg to differ. The Davao office is air-conditioned.

Mark

As is Cebu. And the last time that I was in the Talisay City LTO (April) it was as well.

dirtsquirter

My wife and I went to renew her passport in Tacloban last year, also to apply for my son's Philippine passport. We arrived about an hour after they opened, took our number and our seats, filled up the forms, went in and got their pictures taken and left all within about an hour. Returned about a month later, after calling to be sure they were available for pick-up, and that's it - done. No need for a CFO seminar, maybe because she already had a valid passport in her maiden name? On another note, she needs her NBI clearance under her married name, so again, a drive to Tacloban, arrive about 30 min after the office opened, took number, sat, filled up forms and fingerprinted then asked to return in about 20-30 working days as the system was being overhauled as explained by shadow. They will send them to Manila and the NBI clearance will be done manually. Once again, about an hour wait. Being the glutton for punishment that I am, we even went to NSO that same morning, and received her CEMAR that same day. I did go back to Tacloban last week, and they are up and running again with the new system in place. Unfortunately, I arrived before the NBI clearance did from Manila, and after paying another 115 for another NBI clearance - hoping to receive it that same day, there was a hit on her name, so now we must go back in about 20 days or so to pick up both at the same time. One good thing came from that last trip though, I asked the lawyer and director at NBI if they could fingerprint my wife for a police clearance we need from Singapore, and was ushered into the aircon, seated, and my wife fingerprinted and passport photo attached and stamped and notorized by the director at NO CHARGE. It might be worth the boat trip to Leyte, just plan on doing some sightseeing and combine a little business w/pleasure. :thats-funny:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

As promised, here is an update.

Manilyn and Che left Carcar on Sept. 6 at 9:00pm, getting to the NBI office in Cebu City at about 10:30pm. At about 6:00am the next morning Manilyn was allowed to enter the NBI building but Che had to stay outside. 9-7-11 was Manilyn's appointment date and her number was #215. At about 10:00am Manilyn had her NBI Clearance so they left the NBI and went to DFA to apply for the Passport. All of Manilyn's documents had been screened on the last visit. Approval markes were put on all of her forms and she was only waiting for the NBI clearance. They arrived at NBI at 10:00am but were told, you have to come here before 8:000am, so they left and got back home at about 12noon.

The next day, they left home at 5:00am going to DFA, arriving there at about 6:00am. At about 7:00am Manilyn was allowed to go inside but Che had to stay outside. At about 10:00am Manilyn was finished applying for her Passport. She paid for Rush Service and paid to have it mailed to her. She was told it would be mailed to her on October 17th. She had to submit all of the required documents on the DFA website plus her Baptismal Certificate, Voter's Registration, and NBI Clearance, but not the CFO Seminal Certificate like some have.

To be continued...